Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Interior > Seats > Corbeau Baja RS

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Corbeau Baja RS Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Seats Next Product

Corbeau Baja RS

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $800.00
Average Price: $574.91
Manufacturer: Corbeau
Recommended?
Yes: 11 / No: 0

Suspension seats

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

FMFTJ
FMFTJ's Reviews
08-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Very comfortable
Cons: Hard toget out of, Fixed back
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very very comfortable seats and really good price. Only thing i dont like is some of my "Bigger friends" Have a real hard time getting in and out of them.

Chewy6

Chewy6's Reviews
05-26-2012, 10:18 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Great looking and comfortable
Cons: Nine
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Actually have the Baja XRS seats and love them.

MaddBones702
MaddBones702's Reviews
04-07-2012, 12:19 AM
Price: $475.00
Pros: Great comfort. Really holds you in place. Room to add harness.
Cons: Fabric gets your legs WARM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They hold you in place. Fit is very good. Material is high quality

Zakman

A locked & armored Sport
Zakman's Reviews
05-23-2011, 02:02 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Suspension seats with memory foam.
Cons: Had to pay for seat brackets.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Baja XRS Suspension Seats. New style with injection molded memory foam for bolsters in addition to a suspension seat. Upgraded with seat heaters. Easy installation. Comfortable for long trips.

kwmowery
kwmowery's Reviews

01-24-2011, 03:17 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Unbelievably comfortable! Easy to install. Great Customer Service with Corbeau
Cons: Broke on first trip...hmmm
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Well, I installed them using my existing Jeep YJ Brackets and immediately found the great comfort in the suspension seat. I couldn't wait to hit the trails. I went wheeling with a buddy of mine who weighs about 200lbs and we were hitting a bumpy road and he all of a sudden fell backwards. We looked at the seat when we got home and found that the reclining mechanism sheered the teeth off and would not allow the reclining mechanism to lock. I called Corbeau and they are sending me a new part. I have to unzip the seat cushion and remove 4 bolts to replace this part. Not bad to fix. The Driver seat was not affected and I am hoping that it was just a manufacturing defect.

I was NOT going crazy in the jeep or anything. I was driving to the next obstacle and WHAM! No worries...still love the seats and would recommend them to any one!

ghndrcks
ghndrcks's Reviews
12-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Pros: I don't move!!!
Cons: side bars
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love the seats!! Had to get them for my back injury but now I would reccomend these to anyone!! After driving my jeep around town now for so long with these and then moving into a full size truck, I notice I'll slide around in the corners in the normal seats.....

titomars

titomars's Reviews
11-30-2010, 02:30 PM
Price: $299.00
Pros: most comfortable seat i have sat in. i can drive hours and no back pain. i have a bad back too
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: seats are well made. they feel solid and supportive. they have various mount points under them. i had mine installed in about an hour. if you are replacing OEM seats with these you may find you sit about an inch higher. i am 6-4 and 240 lbs they fit me like they were made for me.

Kits
Kits's Reviews

09-14-2010, 06:05 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Easy to install, great fit and finish.
Cons: non
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best thing I've done to the heep. I'm out 3 to 4 times a week and the difference between these and stock are like black and white. No more sore back after a long haul, great bolstering, can't say enough, get them and you won't regret it. You do sit up a bit higher but I like that but you may not. Awesome price too.

+Crusader+

+Crusader+'s Reviews

09-28-2009, 08:17 AM
Pros: Comfortable, Recline, got w/ lumbar
Cons: Sit too tall on factory risers
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall seat construction is very good. My Jeep is garage kept so I don't know if that is why I haven't had the fade-to-blue as described in the other review? So far after a year of use the fabric is starting to get little cloth balls from rubbing, but is only noticeable if you are looking for them. I paid to get the optional lumbar bladders installed, and they cost an additional $80 a seat. Worth it though for those longer trips, and because everyone's body and comfort level is different.

NOTE** There was a revision to the seat frame design as the initial RS seats had a mounting bar running at the bottom of the frame that made the seats sit about 1-1/2" taller than the newer revised design does. I made the mistake of buying the showroom model that had this 1st design and although they would be okay for a shorter driver (5'0" - 5'7"ish), they sat just way too tall for me. I had to pay shipping to get them exchanged, but it worked out in the end as I got lumbar bladders installed in the exchange process.

Anyhow, the seats are comfortable and do bolt onto the factory risers, but at 6'3" they are up a little too high for me. The factory risers also make the seats harder to get into (with a suspension lift), and make the seat sit more angled in the lower cushion, which was comfortable for me. If I was a couple of inches shorter they would be okay, and they actually are quite comfortable at that height by giving more leg room to stretch, but I like my head as far below the roll cage as possible.

Okay, so to remedy that, I bought the Corbeau seat risers and those do lower the seats about 1-1/2", but they DO require some fab to fit right in a YJ: I had to drill 4 new holes in the frame of the driver's riser and move the slider over an inch in order to make the seat sit inboard an inch more. Otherwise I had to SLAM the driver's door to close it, and the door panel was pressed up against the seat-bolster after doing so. I also had to slot the tub mounting holes on both Corbeau risers so that I could push the seats inward just a tad as I bolted them down. Why> Because otherwise the reclining lever covers on the seats would rub against the seatbelt housing covers when I moved the seat all the way back on the sliders. Slotting the holes on the riser frames did the trick. After a couple of hours of work the risers and seats fit without any interference and I'm satisfied overall, but the one thing I REALLY hate about the Corbeau risers is that the slider lever does not move in unison with the seat, as do the factory sliders. Instead, when you slide the seat all the way back, as I must do, the level remains protruding too far out in front. It then becomes an obstruction to accidentally bang your hands and legs on if not careful, or snag purse straps, bag handles, etc etc. It's just a stupid design oversight and they should have made it so the levers move with the seat. If you are short and have the seat positioned forward you will be fine, but then why would you need the Corbeau seat risers in the first place, as the factory risers would be like a perfect phone book-free situation for ya.

The seats overall I'm very happy with thus far, but the risers not so much, although sitting lower is the one big positive for buying them. The Moabs are some nice comfortable seats too, and if these don't last long I might consider those or the LG1 wides ("Legacy")? These seats are worth buying if you have all the details beforehand, but because of the ordeal I progressed through it made me sort of jaded.

jeepinhuda
jeepinhuda's Reviews

08-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: price, high bolsters, memory foam
Cons: fabric fades to blue
Recommended? Yes

Comments: the seats are very comfortable. very noticeable difference going down the highway from the stock ones. they are a little too wide for the tuffy storage console(the drivers seat rubs when i lift the top). after the first month the fabric started to fade the blue, and at 1.5 years they are totally blue. luckily they faded evenly and to a pretty cool shade of blue. overall very happy with baja rs

GOLENJEEPTJ

Running Secretly Amok!
GOLENJEEPTJ's Reviews

10-31-2008, 06:18 PM
Corbeau Baja RS
Recommended? Yes

Comments: With Corbeau 4 point harnesses.Great bolstered seats plus they recline and I like that for a suspension seat!