Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Interior > Seats > Buchanan 1.5" Seat Risers

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Buchanan 1.5" Seat Risers Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Seats Next Product

Buchanan 1.5" Seat Risers

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $64.95
Average Price: $63.49
Manufacturer: Buchanan
Recommended?
Yes: 7 / No: 0

Seat Riser kits are available in 1", 1-1/2", and 2" lifts. Each kit consists of 8 ea. Black Anodized Aluminum Blocks, 8 ea Grade 8 Bolts and Washers, and instructions. The installation takes about 10-15 min per seat, with common hand tools. One kit elevates both seats. 1" kits are for people 5' 10" and above, 11/2" kits are for people 5'6" to 5'10", and 2" kits are for people 5'-6" and below. Note: These size ranges are very accurate, and fit the vast majority of customers well. If you are built a little differently than "most" we will adjust the sizing accordingly. We do not mix kit sizes for safety reasons, or sell partial kits.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

TheOtherMe
TheOtherMe's Reviews

01-31-2013, 10:22 PM
Price: $57.99
Pros: Better viability, more comfortable seat position, quality machining with anodized finish.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: While I like most things about my 2004 TJ, one thing that was a disappointment coming from a 2002 TJ was the seats. I felt like I was sitting in a bath tub with the new lower seat height. I just installed these risers today and I love the new position. I can see better, my arm rests better on the window and my aftermarket center console, and I was able to move the seat a notch closer to the dash which bends my legs into a more comfortable angle. Money well spent in my opinion. For those who are researching these, I am 6' tall and went with the 1.5" riser. I think they're perfect!

Mboelts

Mboelts's Reviews

01-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Price: $65.00
Pros: Easy install, can see out of the Jeep now. Feel like I'm sitting on the jeep instead of in it. Quality parts.
Cons: Non so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Took a lunch hour on a Saturday at work to install these. Very easy to do, unless your Jeep has a lot of rust, then you might want ot crawl under it and hit the bolts with some PB blaster. Feel like I'm sitting on top of the Jeep now.

chopperkid2000

chopperkid2000's Reviews
01-24-2012, 09:09 PM
Price: $57.99
Pros: Can see over the hood.
Cons: 57.99
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Billet grade 8 hardware. I can see over the hood now. I'm 5'9".

EKettunen
EKettunen's Reviews
12-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Price: $65.00
Pros: Can see much better
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Well worth it

Liquid741

Liquid741's Reviews
07-18-2010, 05:08 PM
Price: $69.99
Pros: easy as pie on the install
Cons: none to speak of.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: fast shipping and they were accurate on the time to install the product. took me about 10 15min per seat. items seemed to be in high quality, highly recommend. not sure why it took me so long to do this mod.

diverchic89sh
diverchic89sh's Reviews

02-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Pros: Easy to install & better visibility now!
Cons: Expensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I'm 5'2 so I bought the 2" risers and I Love them! I can see now! haha. Anyways I also will Recommend them to all the other short people like me!

JeepBro5
JeepBro5's Reviews

07-14-2007, 12:05 AM
Price: $64.95
Pros: I can see! Very solid construction, durable, discreet, easy installation.
Cons: Price is rather high.. but worth it.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I'm average height, right about 5' 8", but before installing these seat risers I could barely see the very end of my hood. Now I can see the full hood, and much more of the ground in front of me, especially when off roading on steep inclines/declines.
This set-up is very solid, I've seen no damage at all in the time I've had them installed (about a year now), and they haven't even shifted a bit.
I'm also rather sensitive about my height, and so I really like the fact that these spacers are discreet. Not a single person has noticed them, but I have been told that it looks like me Jeep fits me well.
These things are awesome- for the money, one of the best mods I've done. I highly recommend them!