Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Steering Stabilizers > Warrior Quick-Disconnect Sway Bar Links

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Warrior Quick-Disconnect Sway Bar Links Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Steering Stabilizers Next Product

Warrior Quick-Disconnect Sway Bar Links

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

Average Price: $106.75
Manufacturer: Warrior
Recommended?
Yes: 3 / No: 1

Sway Bar Disconnects are constructed with a double snapper clip for removing the entire bar quickly, for added wheel articulation. With three lengths to choose from, there’s sure to be a model to fit your application / needs. They come complete with black polyurethane bushings in two assembled bars.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

diddy2003
diddy2003's Reviews

05-16-2012, 11:23 PM
Price: $110.00
Pros: Simple to install. They are pretty beefy and look good on my CJ-7. The pins work well and they are pretty easy to disconnect.
Cons: Not easy to re-connect. I had to pry the sway bar down in order for me to insert the pins in place. Kind of a pain actually. I don't know if there is an easier way to do it. I used a weight lifting bar and that worked, but I don't think one person could re-connect them by hand after being in the woods.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A decent system but they could use some improvement. Too much of a pain to re-connect them and insert the pins IMO. They are very solid when in place though. I would not recommend them for someone that is constantly in the woods. The occasional trip would be fine with these. I wouldn't want to have to re-connect them every day.

zouaveherb
zouaveherb's Reviews

12-30-2011, 06:42 AM
Price: $102.00
Pros: The TJ model has a really really beefy solid bar that is bent to match the stock link angle instead of the straight tube in the picture.
Cons: The instructions are vague. Nuts & bolts are only grade 5. Took them forever for them to drop ship it to me.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The instructions are less than stellar. After reading them over I made some adjustments to the kit.

I replaced the grade 5 nuts and bolts with grade 8 hardware. Ditto with the washers and I added washers where I could put them and not change the height of the link. I'm sure the parts in the kit would have been fine but I wanted the added strength of grade 8 hardware.

The stock links are a pain to remove. I ended up dismounting the swaybar and then used a 12 ton press to pop them off.

The instructions failed to mention that you should press out the old sleeves from the old swaybar bushings to reuse in the kit or find some new sleeves. If you don't have sleeves in all four bushings, the bushings without sleeves will wear out prematurely. I used a press and a socket to remove and replace the sleeves, but a vice would also have worked.

I did not drill out the tapered holes in the sway bar to fit the bolt. Instead I used a tap so the bolt could be screwed in to the bar for a little more strength.

There is a bit of play in the new links once they are installed, but it's about the same in the ones I took out.

4mman
4mman's Reviews
07-15-2010, 07:15 PM
Price: $110.00
Pros: No shafts dangling to worry about when disconnected.
Cons: A bit of a pain to re-attach.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They were very easy to install and have worked out quite well. Disconnecting is quick and easy, while reconnecting can be a bit of a pain. I've had them on for about 2 months and they seem to be wearing just fine, no excessive wear that I've noticed so far.

Disconnect

Disconnect's Reviews

04-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Price: $105.00
Pros: Clean look, simple design, strong tubing
Cons: Weak, no directions, doesn't adjust.
Recommended? No

Comments: Got them as part of a 2.5" lift, and before alignment (and moving the trackbar) they were a royal pain to install. The washers were chewing pieces off the frame member on the passenger side and there was nothing quick about getting them installed due to the horizontal shift.

Once we moved the trackbar mount to recenter the axle, they were a bit easier to maneuver. Until I took a fairly slow, easy left turn and the bolt sheared off on the driver's side.

Overall, just spend the extra money for JKS Quickers and save time and effort. Even with the stock layout they don't fit very well (notice your existing swaybar links are slightly bent/curved - these are straight tubes.) The idea is great, but its what you'd come up with on paper, not an actual tested product..

(Edit: There are no directions online, and the ones they came with were for a diff cover. Found pics online and they assemble easily, so we had them right, but still.. how hard is it to put a pdf up? Everyone else does..)