Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Steering Stabilizers > Rough Country - TJ Quick Disconnects #1142

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Magnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High Clearan

Rough Country - TJ Quick Disconnects #1142 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Steering Stabilizers Next Product

Rough Country - TJ Quick Disconnects #1142

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $69.00
Average Price: $67.71
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 7 / No: 0
Company Website: http://www.roughcountry.com

ROUGH COUNTRY TJ QUICK DISCONNECTS
PART #1142

Kit Contents:
Quick disconnects, bushings, pins, and hardware.

Description:
Quick disconnects give your Jeep better articulation off road with the pull of a pin, but allows you to keep on road handling and stability. Our new links fold up and secure out of the way when not in use.

Notes:
Fits 97-06 Jeep TJ Wrangler models ONLY.
Works with 4" - 6" of suspension.

Benefits:
Adjustable to fit up to 6" of lift.
Easily secured away when not in use.
Allows for greater articulation off-road.
Easy pull of the pin and you're trail ready.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Azzy

Web Wheeler
Azzy's Reviews
03-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Price: $69.99
Pros: Easy to assemble kit
Cons: not very adjustable below 3.5"
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have the XJ set, the listing isnt there in the database, but believe the TJ set is similar if not the same. Parts look to be well thought out, it uses mall tie rod ends to allow the shafts to articulate and rotate up and out of the way.

It also comes with little explanation of what a few of the washers are for, they dont seem to fit any of the bolts supplied. Im worried that the bushings will wear out from being put against the pin and only the pin.

Wrangler_X
Wrangler_X's Reviews
04-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Price: $60.00
Pros: nice for the trails
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: got these because i broke my stock ones on the trail no big deal, have had these about a year work great!!

Msprain10
Msprain10's Reviews
03-21-2011, 04:41 PM
Price: $70.00
Pros: quick easy access
Cons: some times its hard to get pin back in
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Cheap quality product would buy again

cwalker84

cwalker84's Reviews
01-19-2011, 12:16 AM
Price: $69.95
Pros: Great price, Super easy install, stabilizes my tippy jeep
Cons: Where the linkage pivots looks weak, I'm not sure but I think if you forgot to disconnect while offroading they would probably break.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought the 2.5 inch ones to go with my RC 2.5 inch lift. These were very easy to install. I did run into a problem with the sizing. The instructions tell you to adjust them to a certain length then install but for some reason even though they were the same length I couldnt get them to fit evenly. I had to extend one side and screw down the other to make them fit even though this made them not the same length at all. Who knows, maybe my sway bar is bent. Anyway, after that they worked like a breeze and after not having a sway bar for about 6 months there was an immediate and noticeable difference in handling. Also they are super easy to disconnect, just pull the pin, put them up on the retaining bar and your offroading. One not of concern I had is that the joint that moves does seem a bit chincy. I think it is fine for normal road driving but if you forgot to disconnect these while wheeling I think it would be pretty easy to break them without really doing anything too extreme. Obviously they are meant to be disconnected so this shouldnt be a concern but just be aware.

LandoCommando
LandoCommando's Reviews

07-23-2010, 06:53 PM
Price: $66.00
Pros: -Strong -Creative -Functional -Easy to use
Cons: -The bolts that lock the disco to the axle have to be removed when the link is disconnected. Not a huge deal but annoying.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have the newest version of these disconnects with upgraded materials.
80% is now grade 8 hardware and everything is VERY sturdy.
The rough country disconnects are the cheapest on the market and the best bang for your buck. They beat out higher priced products in functionality, usability and quality.

If your a JF member (you most likely are if your reading this) pm RCJeep and he'll hook you up with a deal. I got mine for $66 shipped. They are marked $69.99 without shipping on their website.

MJBinNM

MJBinNM's Reviews

07-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Price: $69.00
Pros: These do allow for some adjustment and seem pretty stout.
Cons: Lynch pins supplied with kit are kinda cheesy, recomended location of holding brackets can cause rubbing under certain conditions.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I am using the version of these for a 2.5" lift. These seemd to be a reasonably priced alternative to all of the more expensive options out there. I got them for $69 shipped with the JF discount. I've been using these for a few months now and I'm generally happy with them.

On my second outing with these I was getting serious rubbing when flexed and turning. After investigation, my tires were hitting the swaybar. The stock location of the holding brackets (mounts in the bolt holes for the plastic swaybar cover) held the swaybar in a location that would cause rubbing in certain conditions. I lost one of the lynch pins and had to tie wrap the swaybar up to continue. On the way home, I stopped by Lowes, got a couple of lynch pins, four 1/4"X1" bolts, some fender washers, regular washers, and ny-lock nuts. I held the swaybar up to get the location, drilled a couple holes for each bracket, and mounted the brackets to the fender wells above the spring perches. Problem solved!

I would highly recommend these as long as you ignore the instructions and mount the holding brackets as I described above. See pictures below for my new location.

2003X

2003X's Reviews

01-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Price: $69.00
Pros: Very strong set up. Solid metal rod. Mounts out of the way when not in use. Easy to pull pin for fast disconnecting.
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very strong product for the price. Highly recommend. Easy pull pin for fast disconnecting.