Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Steering Stabilizers > Rough Country Dual Steering Stabilizer 2.2

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Rough Country Dual Steering Stabilizer 2.2 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Steering Stabilizers Next Product

Rough Country Dual Steering Stabilizer 2.2

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $130.00
Average Price: $109.00
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 9 / No: 0

This setup is more than i could have dreamed of. Amazing for the Price and it has 2 2.2 shock going opposite ways and covering the full witdth of the axle

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

JohnnieBulge
JohnnieBulge's Reviews
03-18-2012, 07:47 PM
Price: $99.00
Pros: more control
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I added this to my lift kit when ordering my kit through www.roughcountry.com. which was super easy and they reps were knowledgeable

hunterfiuzat
hunterfiuzat's Reviews
02-14-2012, 05:02 PM
Price: $120.00
Pros: Great sturdy shocks
Cons: Havn't had any problems yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great on and off road...make a weird noise at full lock though, but I hardly ever need to go that far

mcclintock89
mcclintock89's Reviews
09-10-2010, 12:43 AM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Looks great, install was fast and easy, does what it says.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent product, no death wobble, great price. Give you a nice heavy steering feel. no wondering down the highway or anything.

FrankTheDank
FrankTheDank's Reviews
01-21-2010, 08:48 PM
Price: $128.00
Pros: moves SS above tie rod and out of harms way
Cons: requires 4'' of lift, poor install instructions
Recommended? Yes

Comments: as stated, install instructions lack detail and are unclear. pictures are misleading. stabilizers are beefy. piston rods appear to be same size as their nitro 9000 shocks. good location once you figure out how it all goes together, they refer to the nuts that go on the u-bots as u-bolts, so that threw me off. aside from the bad instructions it appears to be a sound system after some fine tuning. the stock stabilizer that i removed while installing this kit was all smashed up and the jeep actually drove better with no stabilizer at all, even better with the dual kit. will update when i get the 32's on for summer.............

jmacwrangler
jmacwrangler's Reviews
10-29-2009, 07:52 AM
Price: $125.00
Pros: Prevents the death wobble, looks sick under the Jeep
Cons: re-tighten every now and then
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had the death wobble consulted with rough country they recommended the dual steering stabilizer only because the dual would 100% prevent the death wobble where as only one might not cure it

Mrozandy
Mrozandy's Reviews
08-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Price: $130.00
Pros: Looks good, simple install, seem to work well smoothing out the side to side motion of the tie rod. Relocates stabilizer to above the tie rod.
Cons: some flaws in machining of some parts, I could'nt use a decorative piece with the RCX logo on it due to holes not lining up, but nothing that affects the function.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This item works well, but as with some Rough Country parts, the machining of some holes did'nt line up. The part that I had problems with was a decorative piece with the RCX logo on it. I simply left this piece off and nobody knows the difference. All the parts attach with exhaust clamp type fasteners. One bracket ataches to the axle next to the pumkin and the other two brackets attach to each end of the tie rod. The 2.2 series shock absorbers then attach to these brackets. I don't know if it's normal but the brackets that attach to the tie rod ends kind of bent around the tie rod as I tightened them. Maybe I tightened them too much ( i'm strong). Again not affecting the funtion at all.

ekpowell
ekpowell's Reviews
08-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Nice dual unit setup for a good price
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I went ahead and installed the dual setup even though I only have the 2.5" lift and 33" tires. It was a good price and if I go bigger in the future I will have this done already. Should extend the life of my ball joints significantly.

baycove1
baycove1's Reviews
06-02-2009, 11:30 PM
Price: $49.00
Pros: Performance, Price
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Obviously better than OEM, no complaints yet!

hyatt147
hyatt147's Reviews

11-14-2008, 07:19 PM
Rough Country Dual Steering Stabilizer 2.2
Price: $130.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Perfect amazing and bang for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$