Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Steering Stabilizers > Rancho rs 5000 Steering Stabilizer

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Rancho rs 5000 Steering Stabilizer Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Steering Stabilizers Next Product

Rancho rs 5000 Steering Stabilizer

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $100.00
Average Price: $139.36
Manufacturer: Rancho
Recommended?
Yes: 63 / No: 2

Rancho RS5000 steering stabilizers reduce steering shimmy, improve tire control, and give you more control over your vehicle if a tire should blow out. The single stabilizers protect front-end suspensions, and are used with tires up to 35 in. tall. Dual stabilizers are for off-roaders with tires 35 in. and taller.

Increase vehicle control under all driving conditions by reducing steering shimmy and driver fatigue
Improve tire wear and provide better control in blowout conditions
Single stabilizers help protect front-end suspension components, and are designed for use with tires up to 35" tall
Applications include 4WD, 2WD, trucks, sport utility vehicles, vans, motorhomes, and semi trucks/tractors (class 7 and 8)
Dual setups are designed for the aggressive off-roader with large oversized tires

Commonly known as "The 5th Shock", a Rancho steering stabilizer is a must for vehicles with oversized tires. Featuring RS5000 construction and available in single or dual configurations, Rancho steering stabilizers improve driver control, and minimize uncomfortable road input.
Rancho Steering stabilizer are shock absorbers which are specially engineered to operate horizontal. Acting as a horizontal shock absorber, steering stabilizers reduce vibrations that travel thought the steering system to the driver. The result can be increased control, improved safety and reduced driver fatigue. Simply put, steering stabilizers are installed between the main movable component of the vehicle steering system and its frame.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last

ZJ_Alltheway
ZJ_Alltheway's Reviews
05-01-2010, 03:39 AM
Price: $35.00
Pros: IN Stock, Cheap, Life time guarantee, everyone said its good
Cons: non yet, easy to install with the proper tools, i like the color and boot. NO MORE DEATH WOBBLE!!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I did a little reseach on this form and decided to get it, I work at an auto parts store so i get parts at cost. with a puller i did the job in 15 minutes and it works great, the stock one is a pile of poop. If your in San Diego or Joshua Tree look me up!!

Moretti
Moretti's Reviews
04-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Price: $45.00
Pros: Price
Cons: No cons so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just installed this on my WJ and I can feel the difference already. In all fairness, I think the OEM stabilizer was pretty shot, so it's hard to really compare. But, I'm quite satisfied.

RockMonster
RockMonster's Reviews

04-22-2010, 01:11 AM
Price: $5,000.00
Pros: cheaper than rest
Cons: none so far
Recommended? No

Comments: switched my stock stabalizer with the rs5000 after some steering upgrades and havent had anything to regret!

amonostereo
amonostereo's Reviews
03-26-2010, 12:18 AM
Price: $50.00
Pros: fantastic warranty
Cons: wears quickly when under excessive stress
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Rancho's lifetime warranty is fantastic. I took my worn SS (>1yr old) back to Checker and they just gave me a new one. Awesome.

Disconnect

Disconnect's Reviews
03-25-2010, 09:17 AM
Price: $70.00
Pros: Simple install, uses factory mounts.
Cons: Only cosmetic - pictured in white, arrived in silver.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bolts right on in place of the factory. Directions could exist, that'd be nice, but its not exactly hard (and there are writeups on the net)

NorCOWJ

NorCOWJ's Reviews
03-18-2010, 10:22 PM
Pros: quality
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: much more heavy duty stabilizer than stock. cured my death wobble

TennesseeTJ02

TennesseeTJ02's Reviews
02-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Pros: no more death wobbles and helps the steering
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It is a good steering stabilizer.

OregonHG
OregonHG's Reviews
01-05-2010, 03:32 AM
Price: $40.00
Pros: Easy install, more firm than stock
Recommended? Yes

Comments: At 45-50 mph I would get the death rattle with my front tires! This shock virtually eliminated it!

awlskier
awlskier's Reviews
11-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Price: $80.00
Pros: High Quality. Stronger than Stock. Looks Great!
Cons: NONE
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just installed the Rancho Steering Stabilizer on my 2005 TJ Unlimited. Difference is night and day. I had 100,000kms on my
original steering stabilizer and it was completely shot. I was impressed with the quality of it and the larger diameter i am
sure makes it stronger and last longer. For anyone who has never changed this part on an older Jeep, i highly recommend it.
My Wife and I noticed the steering pulling with pot holes and you would feel lots of vibration and pulling in the steering wheel.
It would get tiring on bad roads trying to fight the steering. This makes the truck manageable and smoother. The jeep now
handles like a different vehicle. I highly recommend this part for any Jeeps with some mileage!

jeffrayy
jeffrayy's Reviews
09-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Price: $45.00
Pros: not sure
Cons: not sure
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just recieved it in the mail and waiting on my lift to instal it. I will let you know when I get it on!

vansskaterfreek
vansskaterfreek's Reviews
06-14-2009, 11:54 AM
Pros: fixed the truck, lifetime warranty
Cons:  none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good fix for DW

npomm
npomm's Reviews

04-04-2009, 03:14 AM
Price: $69.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This steering stabilizer is AWSOME! My Jeep handles so much better on and off road. This product is a MUST!

BlueAcid

BlueAcid's Reviews

02-17-2009, 10:36 PM
Price: $80.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good product. Only On normal Highway use , the OEM was better coming back to center.

Libtekguy

Libtekguy's Reviews

01-08-2009, 04:11 AM
Price: $52.99
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Comes with red shock boot. Install is pretty simple, tie rod end puller is helpful. I can't noticable tell any difference in vehicle performance, I admit I got it for the looks and to match my RS9000s

Jumphog
Jumphog's Reviews

01-01-2009, 11:12 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good and steady. No complaints. Even when my gear box was lose, it held everything pretty much in line.

4jeepers

4jeepers's Reviews

11-25-2008, 07:53 PM
Price: $49.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The Rancho rs 5000 is only another good shock absorber. I have nothing bad to say about, however it, however it is a shock and nothing more!

ScottHarr_TJ

ScottHarr_TJ's Reviews

11-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Price: $40.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: looks real nice, but is also a way smoother ride than the old stock one. installing it was fun.

YJ_Auzzy
YJ_Auzzy's Reviews

09-26-2008, 09:18 AM
Price: $35.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: still bumpy as heck lol does help on town roads and highways to moab. should have done double

Davetha

Davetha's Reviews

07-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Price: $48.99
Pros: Low cost, Better steering stability
Cons: No instructions
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just finished installing the RS5000 about an hour ago. The first thing I noticed is it tightened my steering a little bit. I also noticed that when I had my wheels turned all the way and accelerated slowly, the wheels went back a bit slower.

I took my Jeep for a ride on the highway which needs an alignment, but even needing an alignment, it kept the wheels on track where I wanted them to go.

Taking off the old OEM Stabilizer was the hardest part, the left bolt and screw was on there pretty well, I ended up using 2 ratchets, one propped up on my spring, the other I turned myself.

After the OEM Stabilizer was out, it took me a minute to figure out how to install it, from ther it just fit right in no problems at all. I did need to purchase a new bolt and nut for the left side since they don't provide you with a new one.

CO98TJ

CO98TJ's Reviews

07-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Goes great with the shocks and really makes a difference even in everyday driving so I am really happy with it!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last