Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Steering Stabilizers > Rancho rs 5000 Steering Stabilizer

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Rancho rs 5000 Steering Stabilizer Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Steering Stabilizers Next Product

Rancho rs 5000 Steering Stabilizer

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $100.00
Average Price: $140.46
Manufacturer: Rancho
Recommended?
Yes: 62 / No: 2

Rancho RS5000 steering stabilizers reduce steering shimmy, improve tire control, and give you more control over your vehicle if a tire should blow out. The single stabilizers protect front-end suspensions, and are used with tires up to 35 in. tall. Dual stabilizers are for off-roaders with tires 35 in. and taller.

Increase vehicle control under all driving conditions by reducing steering shimmy and driver fatigue
Improve tire wear and provide better control in blowout conditions
Single stabilizers help protect front-end suspension components, and are designed for use with tires up to 35" tall
Applications include 4WD, 2WD, trucks, sport utility vehicles, vans, motorhomes, and semi trucks/tractors (class 7 and 8)
Dual setups are designed for the aggressive off-roader with large oversized tires

Commonly known as "The 5th Shock", a Rancho steering stabilizer is a must for vehicles with oversized tires. Featuring RS5000 construction and available in single or dual configurations, Rancho steering stabilizers improve driver control, and minimize uncomfortable road input.
Rancho Steering stabilizer are shock absorbers which are specially engineered to operate horizontal. Acting as a horizontal shock absorber, steering stabilizers reduce vibrations that travel thought the steering system to the driver. The result can be increased control, improved safety and reduced driver fatigue. Simply put, steering stabilizers are installed between the main movable component of the vehicle steering system and its frame.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »

edinct
edinct's Reviews
11-09-2013, 02:47 PM
Price: $50.00
Pros: works they way it should
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: nothing special, but does its job and matches my rs9000 shocks

ThundROkieZJ98
ThundROkieZJ98's Reviews
04-18-2013, 12:11 AM
Price: $45.00
Pros: Great reaction feel and counteracts the large bumps in the road. Better than OE in my opinion
Cons: product is fine but the nut holding it to the suspension had to be torched off with a plama cutter..
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Went through 2 moog SS's in 2 years. This unit has been much better
installed myself. would have taken 15 minutes if OE bolt had come off with pb-blaster... had to torch it off
has 35000 on it so far and still looks and works like new

JMacRevo
JMacRevo's Reviews
10-17-2012, 08:41 PM
Price: $56.00
Pros: Larger than stock, comes with boot, great warranty
Cons: Axle side bushing was larger than the mount
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far this has worked much better than stock, or my old ProComp ES2000. I had to pry the axle side housing out a bit so that the shock end would fit.

wranglerTX

wranglerTX's Reviews
06-29-2012, 01:53 AM
Price: $59.99
Pros: way better than stock
Cons: none.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product, easy install.

nateyz2000

nateyz2000's Reviews
05-29-2012, 02:34 PM
Pros: lifetime warranty:)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great!

mojop79
mojop79's Reviews
09-30-2011, 11:04 AM
Price: $60.00
Pros: super big
Cons: not painted the rancho white. a metallic silver instead.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Super thick stabilizer. absorbs a lot of movement. very happy with this product.

mreed21
mreed21's Reviews
07-29-2011, 06:23 PM
Price: $46.00
Pros: Nice quality
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far a good steering stabilizer for the price. It seems to be of good quality.

GoldenP51

GoldenP51's Reviews
04-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Price: $55.00
Pros: Excellent
Cons: Pain in the rear to install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It works great...helped reduce the death wobble I was having

TexasHasher
TexasHasher's Reviews
03-06-2011, 11:04 PM
Price: $57.00
Pros: Easy install Dust boot
Cons: A little pricey
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The steering stabilizer was an easy install, and I think I'll get a lot of use out of it as a "bump steer" eliminator. Overall, the out of the package to install time was about 25 minutes. Good product overall. I would recommend that you shop a little and get a better price. I went out to the local parts store during a lift install and paid a little too much, but that's what you get for convenience.

Happy trails.

shotcake
shotcake's Reviews
03-04-2011, 07:59 AM
Pros: made the steering stiffer
Cons: NA
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I can only compare to the rough country that was on the Jeep when I bought it. The stabilizer has a nice look as well as made the steering stiffer. I like the stiffer steering

jimebeans
jimebeans's Reviews
02-10-2011, 10:24 AM
Price: $49.00
Pros: looks great, feels great, installs easily
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My old stabilizer was absolutely shot. When i replaced it with the rancho, there was an incredibly major difference in the steering and handling. i hear there are better brands out there, but for the money, and results, this was a great buy.

GruntMarine
GruntMarine's Reviews
12-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: it's fine
Recommended? Yes

Comments: it came with it, works fine

kashoggio

kashoggio's Reviews
11-13-2010, 10:38 PM
Pros: fits well, boot included.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great improvement over stock, easy install with no fitment issues.

MontesXJ
MontesXJ's Reviews
10-19-2010, 06:57 PM
Pros: Easy install Good performance
Cons: Boot collapses when extended due to vacuum ( aesthetic issue only)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: No problem with performance, but my boot is always collapsed which looks a bit goofy. When compressed, all air under the boot is pressed out. When the shock extends (even with wheels facing straight forward), no air can seep back in, thus creating a vacuum which collapses the boot. I guess the tight seal is a good thing, though, as it prevents intrusion of water and debris.

mattlock1983

mattlock1983's Reviews

10-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Pros: Works the way it should, for a while
Cons: Completely worthless after 3 years. Oil is leaking out of it and it does nothing for the steering anymore.
Recommended? No

Comments: This SS (59.99$ from currie website) came with my currie HD steering upgrade, and once I installed it things worked well for about a year. After a year, the paint on the SS had begun chipping and cracking. After two years, the SS started slowly leaking oil out of the shaft end, covering the entire SS with an unattractive coating of muddy slime. After three years, the SS is completely worthless and needs to be replaced. I am unaware of what the life span of these units SHOULD be, but be advised: mine lasted about two years while still functioning properly. My reccomendation is to buy this part with the expectation that it will need to be replaced at least every three years.

BM20
BM20's Reviews
07-23-2010, 10:33 PM
Price: $53.00
Pros: Stronger Upgrade over Stock
Cons: none really seen yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Much bigger than the stock stabilizer. compared to the stock one, much stronger. It eats up the bumps in the roads to the point where it is hardly felt at the steering wheel. Worth it.

DaFuzz80
DaFuzz80's Reviews
07-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Price: $39.99
Pros: Good quality
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good quality, a little heavier duty than the stock SS

OffRoad98
OffRoad98's Reviews
05-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Price: $49.00
Pros: Stiffened up steering
Cons: takes a day or 2 to get used to.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Steering is extremely responsive now. less wobble. more road control. takes a day or 2 to get used to.

inflatus

inflatus's Reviews
05-02-2010, 02:15 AM
Pros: Very good strength. Has more to it than the stock.
Cons: If there are any I have not found them yet. I will update if there are any.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought the Rancho RS 5000 today and put it on in about 20 minutes. I used a pitman arm puller to remove the old shock. That will save you a few hours. The price is good for the work that it will do. Most places that I have seen sell this shock for about the same price.
I did not use the boot, just the sticker. It is very easy to install and would recommend this to anyone trying to get a little experience on working with the Jeep.

ZJ_Alltheway
ZJ_Alltheway's Reviews
05-01-2010, 03:39 AM
Price: $35.00
Pros: IN Stock, Cheap, Life time guarantee, everyone said its good
Cons: non yet, easy to install with the proper tools, i like the color and boot. NO MORE DEATH WOBBLE!!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I did a little reseach on this form and decided to get it, I work at an auto parts store so i get parts at cost. with a puller i did the job in 15 minutes and it works great, the stock one is a pile of poop. If your in San Diego or Joshua Tree look me up!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »