Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Steering Stabilizers > JKS Quicker Disconnect

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

JKS Quicker Disconnect Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Steering Stabilizers Next Product

JKS Quicker Disconnect

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $153.00
Average Price: $130.17
Manufacturer: JKS
Recommended?
Yes: 44 / No: 3

Allows swift disconnection of the anti-sway bar to improve articulation of the front axle. Features greasable, rebuildable joints that allow for optimal swaybar linkage while connected and easy simplicity while disconnecting. Fully adjustable with beefy threaded center section to accomodate small to large lifts. Includes all necessary HD hardware, storage pegs and simple, detailed instructions with sticker.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »

Dantegandalf
Dantegandalf's Reviews
12-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: installed easy
Cons: double check your measurement for the mounting bolt
Recommended? Yes

Comments: installed quick and easy, take the old set up off and put the new one on. the hardest part is tapping the frame to install the mounting pins so you can use them disconnected.

redbridgeroad
redbridgeroad's Reviews
08-22-2013, 02:11 PM
Price: $158.00
Pros: Adjustable to your lift, Very Durable, Connects/Disconnects in seconds
Cons: Slightly expensive, but a good investment
Recommended? Yes

Comments: After breaking the factory sway links a few times I knew it was time to upgrade. I've had the same pair for over a year now and they've held up great. They connect/disconnect with ease. You'll need a standard grease gun to keep them lubed, I forget how often the packaging said, but I typically re-grease with every oil change.

capcyclone

capcyclone's Reviews
08-10-2013, 01:38 AM
Price: $135.00
Pros: Easy to install, great quality, super easy to use.
Cons: None, obviously more pricey than factory replacement, but worth it.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Super easy to install and even easier to use. Excellent!

ciwsman
ciwsman's Reviews
06-26-2013, 11:05 AM
Price: $60.00
Pros: Looks nice. Easy to install
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy install. works very well.

TJ-Mike-00
TJ-Mike-00's Reviews

04-21-2013, 08:51 PM
Pros: Easy to install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just installed them today. Install took about 35 minutes. I used a tie rod end removing air chistle to remove the stock links. That was awesome took less than 5 seconds to get the top stud of the old ones off of the sway bar.

I hope they work well and last a long time.

JMacRevo
JMacRevo's Reviews
02-18-2013, 06:54 PM
Price: $120.00
Pros: Strong, easy to install, easy to use, gives your front end a lot more flex.
Cons: The lynch pins have a habit of running away on the trail.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Many people I spoke with told me not to get these, and to get the Anti-rock instead. I have been very happy with my discos, and the removal, connection process is not hard at all. Note: I did lose some lynch pins while disconnected until I got higher offset wheels.

JimmydaGreek

JimmydaGreek's Reviews
02-05-2013, 02:20 PM
Price: $130.00
Pros: Quickest way to disconnect front sway bar, quality parts.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: If you want to flex with the best built quick discos for Jeeps then look no further than these JKS quick discos

Cavasar

Cavasar's Reviews

01-28-2013, 10:57 PM
Price: $135.00
Pros: Adjustable Greaseable Disconnect
Cons: Hassle to remove
Recommended? No

Comments: It really is a good product, and if you're on a budget they're worth the money. I just wish I would've gone for the Antirock instead so I could "set it and forget it" since unhooking them and storing them while they're disconeccted can be a hassle.

dirtrider66
dirtrider66's Reviews

11-10-2012, 11:11 PM
Pros: Easier to disconnect sway bar
Cons: Not a currie antirock, one snapped in half and the other was cracked
Recommended? No

Comments: When my parents bought the TJ in 2003, these were already on it from the previous owner. The other day I hit a small mud pit near my friend's apartment, and it completely snapped the drivers side one in half. I dont know if they were weak before, or if it was just the mud pit that did it. This morning i checked my passenger side disconnect and the loop on the top where it connects to the sway bar was cracked and the whole loop looked like it had been bent a different direction. They worked great before they broke though. I ordered Rock Krawler Discos today.

ITSKOOL
ITSKOOL's Reviews

09-25-2012, 06:31 PM
Price: $160.00
Pros: nice heavy duty construction,
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i left the JKS links at the shortest length which seemed to match my stock swaybar links length perfectly (stock height jeep). i was a little confused on where to locate the resting pegs, cause its hard to know where the suspension or tires are going to move to when off roading. i drilled and tapped one hole before i noticed a possible clearance issue. it may have been fine but i decided to relocate the holes to another spot. i pretty much left the swaybar at its normal location when its hooked up and located the resting pegs to hold it at the same location when disconnected. i havent used it yet. im curious how easy or difficult its going to be to get disconnected and then reconnected when the ground is not perfectly level.

Geo-Nemesis
Geo-Nemesis's Reviews

08-20-2012, 06:51 AM
Price: $159.00
Pros: amazing quality
Cons: not yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: excellent quality, JKS is the top brand!

ColdWeatherTJ
ColdWeatherTJ's Reviews
04-13-2012, 07:36 PM
Price: $80.00
Pros: nice parts
Recommended? Yes

Comments: very nice parts, good quality

Mictrik
Mictrik's Reviews
03-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Price: $146.70
Pros: Quiet, Stronger than OEM link, Easy and fast to use, "tighter" feel compared to OEM links, especially evident around corners.
Cons: Perhaps price, but that will depend on how long they last. No real cons!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not much to say that has not been said by many. The original TJ links were of poor design, mine actually broke with road use. The ball and socket design of the original link was just too weak. This link is far stronger than OEM, maintains proper geometry, was very easy to install and allows you to quickly & easily disconnect them to improve off road traction. I rarely ever do this to be honest, I use them more as simple replacement links. Once in a while i disconnect them just to see how they function and they always disconnect & reconnect in less than 30 seconds... What more could one ask for?

hallsofstone

hallsofstone's Reviews

10-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Price: $145.00
Pros: Excellent fit and finish. Easy to install, easier to use. Adjustable
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Previous owner simply modified the old links into a homebrew disco. You can imagine that this was not a particularly optimal setup. The JKS Quicker Disco is by far the next best thing to spending your money on an Anti-rock or other similar swaybar/link setup.

You seriously can't go wrong with this product. Accomodates absurdly huge lifts and even works great all the way down to 2-3" lifts. Don't even bother looking at any other similar products...I've used/installed some of them too. THIS ONE IS THE ONE YOU WANT!

Lowandslow
Lowandslow's Reviews

09-27-2011, 04:15 PM
Pros: Flex in a second
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: From the moment you hold these in your hand you can tell this disconnects are a quality product. Installation was easy and disconnect and reconnecting is even easier

Another quality good looking product by JKS.

theducksguts

theducksguts's Reviews
04-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Price: $145.00
Pros: Adjustable, excellent construction, premium bushings
Cons: cost
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Don't even bother with buying anything other than a JKS disco, unless you are going to go to an Anti-rock system.

This is the best of the best.

badjeeper
badjeeper's Reviews
03-16-2011, 12:26 AM
Price: $148.99
Pros: Beefy and way better looking than the stockers. Option to disconnect for some offroad fun.
Cons: Difficult to remove the passenger side, more of a TJ problem
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall a pretty decent product, I am optimistic that they will hold up well. I thought I read the directions completely but I missed that the u bracket that goes on the sway bar has one side that is threaded and I of course had it on wrong on the first side that I installed. I did learn from my mistake and assembled the other side properly, other than that that one minor goof on my part a very easy install with very thorough directions.

krakahead
krakahead's Reviews

01-28-2011, 01:16 PM
Pros: They look real purty. They are adjustable.
Cons: Poor design Horrible service Overpriced junk
Recommended? No

Comments: JKS Manufacturing Quicker Disconnects

I have had these on my TJ for a few years now. I am not impressed with the design. They use a single bolt threaded through a 1/8" steel bracket to hold them on. This is one of the most active points on your vehicle when driving, in relation to stress points and vibration. It's no surprise that I have lost 2 bolts in the short time that they have been on the vehicle, despite using thread lock and proper torque.

Here's where they add insult to injury.. they won't give you replacement bolts, but they will sell them to you... your final bill will be $18.00.
$18.00 for a single bolt, sleeve and bushing ($4. worth of parts.) Then there's the $7.50 shipping and handling charge that actually cost $2.41 to mail USPS.

Oh, I can't forget to mention Jim the guy that I talked to on the phone was a jerk. You'd think he'd be happy with that kind of profit margin, but no.

I will not be buying any more of their gear. I would not recommend this product.

The only way that this would be useable is if you install longer bolts that go beyond the plate and use a locking nut outside the bracket to secure the thread from backing out while vibrating. I'm sure that they know this, but that would cut in to their after sale profits. They nailed me this time cause I was too busy to make it down to Home Depot, but it will be the last.

Lyonsa80
Lyonsa80's Reviews
01-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Price: $125.00
Pros: These are the real deal. Super fast, super strong, adjustable, and reasonably priced.
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Anyone looking to upgrade disconnects...look no further. These are heavy duty, easily installed, super functional, and REALLY fast to operate before trail usage. I have had mine installed for 3 years and bushings are still in great shape. Completely adjustable for your lift size. Would recommend to anyone who doesn't want junk and doesn't mind paying for quality.

Fox01V
Fox01V's Reviews
11-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Pros: Work well and do their job
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These really do the job well, if your on level ground or not these are very easy to disconnect and easy to reconnect. With the storage mounts you keep your swaybar tucked up and out of the way.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »