Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Control Arms > Clayton Long Arms

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Clayton Long Arms Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Control Arms Next Product

Clayton Long Arms

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $800.00
Average Price: $1,288.75
Manufacturer: Clayton
Recommended?
Yes: 13 / No: 0

This suspension product requires welding it onto and/or modifications to your vehicle's frame. For your safety as well and to ensure the system's durability and optimum performance it is recommended that installation is performed by an experienced and qualified welder or 4x4 shop. Installation procedures should be followed closely.

Stock exhaust system may have to be modified in order to install rear upper control arms and allow for full suspension articulation: Muffler must either be removed or replaced with much slimmer unit; tailpipe must either be cut off with a turn-down exit after the muffler, or rerouted in a way that it does not come in contact with the arms throughout the articulation range. Check your local and state laws before attempting any modifications to your factory emissions system.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Eshindi
Eshindi's Reviews

01-17-2014, 10:25 PM
Price: $2,500.00
Pros: Strength, Flexibility, Ride Comfort,
Cons: Installation can be Tricky
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had my clayton arms for about 7 years now and they still have not gotten rusty, bend or bent. So that shows what American craftsman-ship gets you. During installation i remember that it didnt fit perfectly but i was able to complete it. I drove with the clayton arms with my stock axles for about 6 years and then swapped for a D44/F9 and the claytons arms accepted the new axles with "OPEN" arms. I used mostly claytons brackets on my new axles and the two kits worked amazing together. I have had my entire jeep sit on the arms with all four tires in the air and the arms did not brake or bend. I had an issue with the greese fittings and their customer service gave me a fair price on gressable bolts to compensate.

2002TJX65

Addicted or Committed?
2002TJX65's Reviews
11-21-2013, 07:59 PM
Price: $900.00
Pros: Well built, strong, beefy, warranty
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I found this long arm upgrade kit for $900 brand new from a guy on craigslist. I probably would not have bought it if my only option was to pay $1699 from Clayton. However, that is because I am cheap, not because the kit isnt worth it. Clayton products are worth every penny. They build things the right way.

Gcallaway
Gcallaway's Reviews
08-23-2013, 02:15 AM
Price: $900.00
Pros: great product excellent quality
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: could not be happier,easy install ,very strong setup

SpcRodeo
SpcRodeo's Reviews
03-27-2013, 03:14 AM
Price: $960.00
Pros: solid
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: still pending install but the arms are solid. Clayton's customer service is awesome. Package got lost and they overnighted a new one.

bojang
bojang's Reviews
01-21-2011, 04:59 AM
Price: $1,500.00
Pros: Things are very well built, quality construction.
Cons: Wish I would have specified to have RH/LH threads in the uppers
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far, I LOVE my Clayton long arms. Haven't gotten them out on the trails yet, but the shake down run is tmw. I do wish I had specified the RH/LH threads for my rear uppers though. Would make setting up the rear much easier. And the greaseable thru bolts would make lubing the joints much easier, but I will be purchasing those.

NorCOWJ

NorCOWJ's Reviews
09-28-2010, 10:41 AM
Price: $950.00
Pros: super beefy, weld in x-member
Cons: nothing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: as sson as i got these delivered i was amazed at how huge these things were. the weld in cross member is awesome and only takes about 30 minutes to install, then get welding. even the bolts are high quality. plus you cant beat a lifetime warranty on breakage or bending!

Trevino

Trevino's Reviews
05-29-2010, 05:56 PM
Price: $2,630.00
Pros: Allows great articulation
Cons: havent found any yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought the whole kit from Kevins off road with control arms and track bar and all the other good stuff.

onlyn8v
onlyn8v's Reviews
09-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Very stout, lifetime warranty
Cons: waiting for them to ship.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are the SHORT UPPER REAR arms. I had to do them to do the skid plate kit. Lifetime warranty- can't really go wrong there.

acrijos

acrijos's Reviews

06-15-2009, 08:56 PM
Price: $1,800.00
Pros: Excellent ride quality + articulation
Cons: Expensive, need expert welder
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best upgrade in terms of ride qulity both on and off road

acrijos

acrijos's Reviews

05-26-2009, 11:10 PM
TJ Long Arm Upgrade Kit
Price: $1,725.00
Pros: Excellent ride quality, well designed, very tough, eliminates rear track bar.
Cons: You really need to find a pro that has done the installation before. It requires pro welding skills. A bit expensive, but you get what you pay for.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I did the long arm upgrade kit for my 98 TJ with a Teraflex 4" suspension, and I am very happy with the results. Highly recommended. I had to change the exhaust and the cat in order for the exhaust system to fit.

Deadman 94 xj
Deadman 94 xj's Reviews

11-26-2008, 05:58 AM
Clayton Long Arms
Price: $800.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great investment for those that wheel on the rocks. I've slammed them pretty good and they've held up fine. They act as skids for the front driveline. Not to mention they flex great.

JeepRocks86

Some Call me RockDog
JeepRocks86's Reviews

09-07-2008, 08:17 AM
Clayton Long Arms
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have beat these arms up and they have not failed me yet. They have numerous coats of paint on them from where I have dragged them over all different types of things.

FiveHundredMJ
FiveHundredMJ's Reviews

06-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Clayton Long Arms
Price: $500.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought Used and refurbished them. Awesome setup with the trans crossmember.