Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Springs > Rough Country lift springs

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Rough Country lift springs Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Springs Next Product

Rough Country lift springs

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $520.00
Average Price: $323.24
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 48 / No: 3

Rough Country's revolutionary rear coil spring design to counter-act passenger side coil fatigue.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »

tonicc10
tonicc10's Reviews
05-10-2014, 04:47 PM
Price: $425.00
Pros: -Good and heavy -Went in easily -On the cheaper side of lift kits
Cons: -Nothing really but one of my springs did shift out of place but i easily tapped it back in place with in 5 minuts
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good product. Easy install as far as putting lift kits in goes. Rides nice and comfortable.

edinct
edinct's Reviews
11-09-2013, 02:58 PM
Price: $199.00
Pros: cheap, long
Cons: can sag under heavy weight
Recommended? Yes

Comments: the 2.5" progressive springs are very underrated because RC has so many bad products (including their shocks).
the springs with the right shocks make for an extremely comfortable ride on the road because they are a bit softer than OME, BDS, and the others. free length is longer than the others as well.
You may have sagging if your jeep is very heavy, but for normal weight jeeps they work great.

zombiechief
zombiechief's Reviews
10-01-2013, 09:51 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Easy to install. Kit came with all hardware needed.
Cons: Not really any cons.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far I'm very impressed with the kit. I know RC doesn't have a good rep with a lot of people, but I think that's just subjective to the person. My rig rides much better than the stock suspension and I haven't had any issues since I installed it. I did remove the track bars and sway bar from the front for more articulation. Since these springs are much stiffer than stock they aren't really needed to keep stable even on the intersate.

goodwrenchdave
goodwrenchdave's Reviews
09-25-2013, 05:12 PM
Price: $299.00
Pros: price
Cons: needed extra spacer to level
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best bang for the buck

o-lockhart85
o-lockhart85's Reviews
08-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: cheap cus used
Cons: Called ROUGH country for a reason
Recommended? No

Comments: they were used so thought id give them a try. if i messed them up installing them cus i dont know what im doing then no big lost. and now my jeep rides like a tank

scottcurry8948

scottcurry8948's Reviews
04-21-2013, 09:48 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: price, install and rides good
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy install and price was great. just enough lift to keep tires out of fenders

HighRoller02TJ
HighRoller02TJ's Reviews
03-30-2013, 06:14 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: good price
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good price but i wish i went with the 4" lift

boondaba

boondaba's Reviews
01-19-2013, 09:09 AM
Price: $199.00
Pros: Everything
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Fit very well. Ride smooth. Actually gave me more than 2.5 of lift.

zimmie2652
zimmie2652's Reviews
01-05-2013, 06:07 PM
Pros: work as advertised, installed with 4.75" lift, settled to around 4.25", ease of install and price couldn't be beat since they came with the kit
Cons: rough country... harsh ride just as the name implies, seem very sturdy however
Recommended? Yes

Comments: once again girlfriend hates the ride, i couldn't really tell a huge difference between them and stock but there is a slightly rougher ride, purchased with n20 kit as I didn't really know better when I bought this lift, would probably do things differently a second time around

SandyBottoms

SandyBottoms's Reviews
12-22-2012, 01:58 PM
Price: $220.00
Pros: great ride
Cons: none to date.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed these 2.5 inch springs in place of my old 4 inch ones. Greatly improved ride quality and didn't break my bank account.

chris2468
chris2468's Reviews
10-23-2012, 04:56 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: I've yet to get stuck!
Cons: There are none...
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have a combination of a Rubicon and Rough Country lift. 2" Rubicon springs in the front and a 2.5" Rubicon add-a-leaf plus a 2" Rough Country shackle lift in the rear. I also have 2" Rough Country shocks all around. I had to add extra lift in the rear to account for the sagging stock leaf springs. The rear ends up being an extra 1.5" higher than the rear. This is great because I'm able to carry more gear and not worry about my rear being lower than my front end.

TheGallantOne
TheGallantOne's Reviews
05-06-2012, 09:54 PM
Pros: All is good
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Can't say much except that they work like they supposed to and definitely make the ride smother and look great.

Idaho_Chad
Idaho_Chad's Reviews
04-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Price: $430.00
Pros: Cheap.
Cons: You get what you pay for.
Recommended? No

Comments: The ride is horrible. It is so stiff that I am able to jump up and down on my bumper and the suspension barely moves at all. This equates to feeling every single little bump in the road. Off road, even with the track bars and sway bar removed the flex hasn't been that fantastic.

Needless to say, I'll be replacing these springs and shocks as soon as possible.

CBinDC

CBinDC's Reviews
03-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Price: $350.00
Pros: It's a lift!!!
Cons: It's very bouncy!!
Recommended? No

Comments: First off, my review doesn't mean much because this is my first lift. I have never exPerience riding in other Jeeps with different lifts. That being said, I find rough country to be VERY bouncy. If you are more used to the "thud" that your original springs produced when you hit a pot hole, the bounce that the RC springs produce might throw you off a bit. But at least it's a lift!!! Wish I had install OME springs. I have heard many good things. Wish I could test them out before I shell out the dough, though.

Eagleshot
Eagleshot's Reviews
12-31-2011, 04:37 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Looks and rides great
Cons: might not be high enough at 2.5"
Recommended? Yes

Comments: After reading mixed reviews I decided to go with the cost effective option and bought the Rough Country 2.5 kit (shocks and springs)

grininmonkey
grininmonkey's Reviews
12-21-2011, 11:11 AM
Pros: Progressive rate rides nice and the gray powder coat adds a nice appearance
Cons: None Really
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought the 2.5" springs and shocks to replace 2" spacer lift. I have been satisfied with the springs and shocks.

tealo951

tealo951's Reviews
11-30-2011, 10:55 PM
Price: $499.99
Pros: good beginner lift, taller then stated
Cons: soft suspension, sways, may be sagging (been almost a year)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: got the 2.5 and 1.75 bl kit and stuffed 33's well.

TJSport429
TJSport429's Reviews
09-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Price: $140.00
Pros: i love em. great ride.
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great springs. definitely go with springs over spacers. these ride so well. make sure to get new shocks as well. im able to run 32x11.5 Mts with no problems...just rubbing while she turns lol. otherwise great. i tow a bass boat occassionally and the springs barely compress. handles awsome!

MTTJ99
MTTJ99's Reviews
08-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Pros: good ride and look and off roading
Cons: sagging
Recommended? Yes

Comments: .

lupinsea

lupinsea's Reviews
07-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Price: $210.00
Pros: Economy priced 2.5" progressive rate lift spring
Cons: None here but I've read reports of some sagging
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Do note: this review is for the Rough Country 2.5" Progressive Rate Springs

For me these springs have been great. Coupled with OME's N66/N67 shocks they have really transformed the ride of my TJ. They have been on for over a year and several offroad runs. Zero undue sagging at this point. I will say that with the weight of a winch up front Rough Country recommends a 3/4" spring spacer to perfectly level the ride. However, I'm on the fence as to whether to install one. I prefer to have a slight forward rake to the TJ.

In any case, the ride is nice and controlled with the springs and the softer end of the spring rate lets the springs soak up any small sharp jolts to help smooth out the ride. But the higher spring rate is there for bigger bumps or for load carrying.

Overall these are a very good, reasonably priced progressive rate spring.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »