34K views 65 replies 64 participants last post by  carlsflh 
#1 ·
Product Information
Price $450
Rating 4
Average Price $343.97
Manufacturer Old Man Emu (OME)
Recommended Yes: 65 / No: 0

The emu is a unique bird native to Australia and cannot fly due to its massive size, but these amazing creatures can really run well. Their powerful legs absorb most of the impact while moving, allowing them to cover all types of terrain with the greatest of ease while their bodies remain virtually motionless.

Vehicle Suspension is especially complex, to say the least. When designing a suspension, special attention must be given to many factors with weight being the most critical. Most aftermarket suspension systems are only available in a single configuration, with lift height often being your only option. Old Man Emu is different. Instead of offering a compilation of parts that have been chosen primarily to increase the vehicle's ride height, Emu offers a range of tuned and matched, integrated systems, each offering varying degrees of comfort, load carrying capability & control characteristics. All components are designed by ARB and manufactured in Australia with an unrelenting, no-compromise approach.

Choose a suspension rated for a heavy load when your vehicle is equipped with many heavy accessories such as a winch, ARB bumper, hardtop, V8 engine conversion, roof rack, swing out tire carrier, etc. A medium load suspension will provide a softer ride for vehicles with perhaps just a winch and a hardtop. An Emu suspension rated for light loads is only recommended for soft top vehicles with little or no heavy accessories. When in doubt, choose medium. If you are looking for a firm ride and plan to add lots of heavy accessories in the future, choose a system rated for heavy loads. See you on the trails, mate

See less See more
#52 ·
Price $289
Pros Strong, durable
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: I got a whole set of OME springs for 289 dollars from kolak who is on jeep forum. When I got them you can see how they stand up against stock springs. I like the look and performance of them. Plus it gave me a lifted look since their 2.5" taller then stock. Definatly worth the money

#53 ·
Price $400
Pros Very strong, albeit somewhat stiff (which I like) with excellent on, and especially off-road manners.
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: I bought these Old Man Emu 36R HD leaf springs only after reading the copious positive reviews on different forums and so far, they've lived up to their reputation. I will say, I have the 36R's on all four corners and they are quite stiff. If your looking for comfortable street driving springs, i would look elsewhere. On the other hand, if you want great off-road capability coupled with excellent street manners and long life, these can't be beat.

#55 ·
Price $100
Pros Great product, reasonable price
Cons No complaints here
Recommended yes

Comments: Used these to lift my Jeep and upgrade the old stock suspension. Looks great, rides better, and I have no complaints. Excellent product!

#56 ·
Price $300
Pros Stiff but enjoyable ride, good lift height, quality.
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: Love the damn things. Jeep sits nice and high, not level, but that's probably because of the damn HEMI. Ride quality is excellent; it is stiff, but takes a licking and comes back for more.

#57 ·
Price $170
Pros great quality heavy duty springs
Cons lifted 2dr jk more then 2.5'' for a couple weeks until springs settled down
Recommended yes

Comments: great springs got from qtech, only problem was that when i first installed them they lifted the jeep around 3-3.5'' causing my rear axel to not be centered. this was expected because they're heavy duty and they settled down in a week and a half

#58 ·
Price $167
Pros -Nice, durable, black finish
-Rides nice
-Decent length
Cons N/A
Recommended yes

Comments: These are very nice looking springs with a very durable, black finish. The craftsmanship is top notch. The front springs have decent length. I actually netted about 3" of lift in the rear (OME2949) on my LJ and that's with a heavy steel bumper with full size spare (35" MTR) and steel Metal Cloak flares. I ended up with about 2.5" in the front (OME2933) but I've got steel Metal Cloak fenders/flares, a heavy front bumper and a winch with steel cable. Price was per pair.

#65 ·
Price $1070
Pros heavy duty springs, provide 2" lift, all new components for restoration project
Cons Required a minor modification to accommodate 1" longer length of front springs. Shock hangers weren't a good fit, had to buy aftermarket replacements
Recommended yes

Comments: CJ frame off restoration project. Springs came with new spring plates, u-bolts, etc. and were a good fit with minor modification on front springs (1" longer than factory). Crabtree spring hangers made this mod very easy (one hole to drill on each side).

#66 ·
Price $818
Pros very nice ride used ome 37r springs and skyjacker 7000 shocks and ome spring bushing kits
Cons spendy but you get what you pay for
Recommended yes

Comments: more expensive than others but ride quality is great i bought every thing seperately as i wanted soft shocks and used skyjacker 7000on it with ome light 37r springs on front and rear need to put rear lower shock mount extensions on to keep shock body from rubbing on axel tubes..would i do it again YES very happy with them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.