Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Springs > Old Man Emu (OME) 2.5" HD Lift Springs

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Old Man Emu (OME) 2.5" HD Lift Springs Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Springs Next Product

Old Man Emu (OME) 2.5" HD Lift Springs

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $450.00
Average Price: $318.55
Manufacturer: Old Man Emu (OME)
Recommended?
Yes: 58 / No: 0

The emu is a unique bird native to Australia and cannot fly due to its massive size, but these amazing creatures can really run well. Their powerful legs absorb most of the impact while moving, allowing them to cover all types of terrain with the greatest of ease while their bodies remain virtually motionless.

Vehicle Suspension is especially complex, to say the least. When designing a suspension, special attention must be given to many factors with weight being the most critical. Most aftermarket suspension systems are only available in a single configuration, with lift height often being your only option. Old Man Emu is different. Instead of offering a compilation of parts that have been chosen primarily to increase the vehicle's ride height, Emu offers a range of tuned and matched, integrated systems, each offering varying degrees of comfort, load carrying capability & control characteristics. All components are designed by ARB and manufactured in Australia with an unrelenting, no-compromise approach.

Choose a suspension rated for a heavy load when your vehicle is equipped with many heavy accessories such as a winch, ARB bumper, hardtop, V8 engine conversion, roof rack, swing out tire carrier, etc. A medium load suspension will provide a softer ride for vehicles with perhaps just a winch and a hardtop. An Emu suspension rated for light loads is only recommended for soft top vehicles with little or no heavy accessories. When in doubt, choose medium. If you are looking for a firm ride and plan to add lots of heavy accessories in the future, choose a system rated for heavy loads. See you on the trails, mate

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3 > Last

96XJ0507
96XJ0507's Reviews
01-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Good lift, quality spring
Cons: a little stiff, I'll see how the new bumper helps them ride
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I would buy these again probably. Though had I planned better for my new bumper I would have gotten the RE3.5 instead. With a stock bumper I ended up with 2.75" of lift + a .75" spacer on top of that. My new bumper will be fairly heavy and may decrease the measured lift a little.

Jmaster5
Jmaster5's Reviews
11-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Not too hard to install, nice ride and gives the height as advertised.
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I would get these again and recommend them as they are top quality from down under.

breckboarder55

Web Wheeler
breckboarder55's Reviews
10-12-2010, 12:19 AM
Price: $240.00
Pros: Progressive rate. Minimal sag. Differing height to offset engine revs, good flex.
Cons: A little stiff, but they were made for large bumpers that I don't have.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: OME is known for high quality for a reason. The springs have not sagged and the progressive rate is great off-road.

Nicho

Nicho's Reviews
06-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Price: $130.00
Pros: Much better control & handling on road & off.
Cons: none so far, a bit of sag in the front.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Much better control & handling on road & off.

JerseyWJ

JerseyWJ's Reviews
03-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Price: $290.00
Pros: Solid
Cons: Price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great springs, very solid and strong.

trotsjeep
trotsjeep's Reviews
02-20-2010, 09:50 PM
Price: $168.00
Pros: versital utility leaf spring
Cons: expensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So it's no secret that I have a small "bro"mance with the good people down unda' at OME. Not gonna lie the prices are a bit much but worth every penny and it's kinda nice knowing I'm not gonna have to worry about springs for years. They are reliable and tough for road and trail, mine is a daily driver. Get your hands on some.

river2c
river2c's Reviews
01-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: quality
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I ordered the OME 618 rear coils and OME 619 front coils for my 2007 JK X 2 door. The 619 front coils gave me a slightly higher lift in the front to level out the rake with an aftermarket front bumper.

MoCab
MoCab's Reviews
12-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: HD springs take care of extra weight of winch and oversized tire on rear carrier
Cons: shipping time was long.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Aussie really have something going with the OME stuff.

UCTJ

UCTJ's Reviews
11-29-2009, 04:46 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Solid product.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: What more can I say other than OME springs front and rear as well as shocks and they all freaking rock. Just like JKS great products.

bjallenx

bjallenx's Reviews
09-25-2009, 12:02 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Heavy duty
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These springs are nice as long as you have a little weight on them. Without my hardtop I like to keep the jerry cans on my rear bumper full so my jeep will ride better.

soulfinger
soulfinger's Reviews
09-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Heavy duty, minimize sag from additional armor and add-ons.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great lift for KJ. A must with the ARB bullbar.

PackDude

PackDude's Reviews
08-13-2009, 09:42 PM
Pros: Superior finish Good ride quality Heavy duty
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The OME heavy duty leaf springs are a great way to go if you're doing a 2 inch lift.

I have never had a suspension lifted vehicle before, so I can't really compare to much. But the OME's are very well built with a great fit and finish that I don't see in the OEM HD replacement springs I bought but never installed.

The OME springs only took 1 month to settle from 3" of lift to the advertised 2" -- the body is now EXACTLY 2" higher than its published stock height. Same with the front OME coil springs I installed.

The front coil springs are great because the driver's side spring is a bit taller than the passenger side. The stock coil springs I removed were the same height. The OME coil springs level the vehicle laterally -- it used to slump a bit to the driver's side when it had the stock springs.

PackDude

PackDude's Reviews
08-13-2009, 08:56 PM
Pros: Very sturdy Very good ride quality
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love my HD OME leaf springs.

They are well finished with some kind of phosphate/Parkerizing, not just glommed up with paint like the OEM replacement springs.

They started out as 3+" lift, but settled down to EXACTLY 2" of lift in a month or so of driving.

Kasanders-02TJ
Kasanders-02TJ's Reviews
05-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Price: $420.00
Pros: strong coils while still allowing easy flexing
Cons: stiff ride, and i mean stiff ride, over any little bump
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

TX02WJ

TX02WJ's Reviews

03-27-2009, 12:07 AM
Price: $140.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A little bouncy in the rear, but that may be fixed with extended end links in the back

rstolz
rstolz's Reviews

03-24-2009, 04:11 PM
Price: $150.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best springs ever. I might rather have 4", but the feel of the OME Springs is great. Definitely better than stock.

DLWilson
DLWilson's Reviews

02-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Price: $270.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: High quality springs, but install directions leave something to be desired...

Why Jay
Why Jay's Reviews

02-19-2009, 12:52 PM
Price: $70.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These springs are designed for a flexy ride which I liked. The "HD" in the description is misleading. I was not told they are not recommended for use with SOA so I'm replacing them with the HD rears up front.

warthog2
warthog2's Reviews

02-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great ride better then factory. Off road performance much better then factory. Worth the cost.

69junk

69junk's Reviews

12-19-2008, 05:28 PM
Price: $352.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very nice, no sag after install, and handle my steel bumpers, tire carrier, well. dont beat ya up too much, it is a jeep not a caddy

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3 > Last