Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Springs > Old Man Emu (OME) 2.5" HD Lift Springs

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Old Man Emu (OME) 2.5" HD Lift Springs Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Springs Next Product

Old Man Emu (OME) 2.5" HD Lift Springs

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $450.00
Average Price: $318.55
Manufacturer: Old Man Emu (OME)
Recommended?
Yes: 58 / No: 0

The emu is a unique bird native to Australia and cannot fly due to its massive size, but these amazing creatures can really run well. Their powerful legs absorb most of the impact while moving, allowing them to cover all types of terrain with the greatest of ease while their bodies remain virtually motionless.

Vehicle Suspension is especially complex, to say the least. When designing a suspension, special attention must be given to many factors with weight being the most critical. Most aftermarket suspension systems are only available in a single configuration, with lift height often being your only option. Old Man Emu is different. Instead of offering a compilation of parts that have been chosen primarily to increase the vehicle's ride height, Emu offers a range of tuned and matched, integrated systems, each offering varying degrees of comfort, load carrying capability & control characteristics. All components are designed by ARB and manufactured in Australia with an unrelenting, no-compromise approach.

Choose a suspension rated for a heavy load when your vehicle is equipped with many heavy accessories such as a winch, ARB bumper, hardtop, V8 engine conversion, roof rack, swing out tire carrier, etc. A medium load suspension will provide a softer ride for vehicles with perhaps just a winch and a hardtop. An Emu suspension rated for light loads is only recommended for soft top vehicles with little or no heavy accessories. When in doubt, choose medium. If you are looking for a firm ride and plan to add lots of heavy accessories in the future, choose a system rated for heavy loads. See you on the trails, mate

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »

chrisb321
chrisb321's Reviews
07-02-2014, 11:05 PM
Price: $1,400.00
Pros: Rides fantastic
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Rides smoother than my stock springs. Very happy, would recommend

stevep79
stevep79's Reviews
04-23-2014, 02:27 PM
Price: $167.00
Pros: -Nice, durable, black finish -Rides nice -Decent length
Cons: N/A
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are very nice looking springs with a very durable, black finish. The craftsmanship is top notch. The front springs have decent length. I actually netted about 3" of lift in the rear (OME2949) on my LJ and that's with a heavy steel bumper with full size spare (35" MTR) and steel Metal Cloak flares. I ended up with about 2.5" in the front (OME2933) but I've got steel Metal Cloak fenders/flares, a heavy front bumper and a winch with steel cable. Price was per pair.

alienature
alienature's Reviews
08-13-2013, 09:08 PM
Price: $170.00
Pros: great quality heavy duty springs
Cons: lifted 2dr jk more then 2.5'' for a couple weeks until springs settled down
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great springs got from qtech, only problem was that when i first installed them they lifted the jeep around 3-3.5'' causing my rear axel to not be centered. this was expected because they're heavy duty and they settled down in a week and a half

rattler201
rattler201's Reviews
07-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Stiff but enjoyable ride, good lift height, quality.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love the damn things. Jeep sits nice and high, not level, but that's probably because of the damn HEMI. Ride quality is excellent; it is stiff, but takes a licking and comes back for more.

geusey
geusey's Reviews
06-16-2013, 03:24 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Great product, reasonable price
Cons: No complaints here
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Used these to lift my Jeep and upgrade the old stock suspension. Looks great, rides better, and I have no complaints. Excellent product!

daviddoughty1
daviddoughty1's Reviews
04-23-2013, 12:27 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Easy install, soft ride
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Haven't been able to really run them out yet but nice so far

xxxxxxxTunesUpTopDown
xxxxxxxTunesUpTopDown's Reviews
03-29-2013, 12:13 AM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Very strong, albeit somewhat stiff (which I like) with excellent on, and especially off-road manners.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought these Old Man Emu 36R HD leaf springs only after reading the copious positive reviews on different forums and so far, they've lived up to their reputation. I will say, I have the 36R's on all four corners and they are quite stiff. If your looking for comfortable street driving springs, i would look elsewhere. On the other hand, if you want great off-road capability coupled with excellent street manners and long life, these can't be beat.

Ironhide03

Ironhide03's Reviews
02-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Price: $289.00
Pros: Strong, durable
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got a whole set of OME springs for 289 dollars from kolak who is on jeep forum. When I got them you can see how they stand up against stock springs. I like the look and performance of them. Plus it gave me a lifted look since their 2.5" taller then stock. Definatly worth the money

dezertdirt

dezertdirt's Reviews
10-28-2012, 11:04 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: I bought these springs as part of the DPG super ultimate kit. Performs ok on and off road. Nice for a low cg lift.
Cons: A little stiff in the rear. front end was also stiff with the stock sway bar.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The product was good. Went in pretty straight forward. The springs were stiff until I changed to aftermarket bumpers and changed the stock sway bar to a currie anti rock.

TwoBobsKJ
TwoBobsKJ's Reviews
07-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Firm not stiff, full lift height as advertised
Cons: None so far!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great ride, with the lift amount realized slightly more than advertised. Solid black coating on the springs which hopefully will resist corrosion.

wmphoto
wmphoto's Reviews
05-31-2012, 08:45 AM
Price: $320.00
Pros: Very good ride, especially with weight...
Cons: Without weight, it is a little bit rough
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I put these on at my dealer's recomendation to help with the extra weight I put on. Hadn't realy expected them to give me more height... They did... With the additional equipment, Bumpers winch and such, I gained about 4" on my JKU. With the Gobi rack full and the rear full ready for an expedition. I still sit around 3" above stock... and weighted the ride is much better than stock...

Highly recommend.

IrishDude
IrishDude's Reviews
05-27-2012, 09:11 AM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: good quality
Cons: yellow
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy install, got the "ultimate kit" from dirk

predat

ASU Machine Shop Manager
predat's Reviews
05-12-2012, 11:25 PM
Price: $900.00
Pros: been great to me so far, little complaints here and there but nothing I couldn't handle in short recession
Cons: needs extra clips to keep the springs in check, but this might be the case with all springs in due time
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They came with the jeep, so I didn't install them. I did, however take them off and reinstall them when I found that the BL was done wrong by PO, so I just redid everything suspension wise. New set of U bolts later, the springs held up to some serious action and want some more. I will say, however (and this might be the case with all springs as they get more used), I had to fab up some extra clips to wrap around the springs to keep them frpm spreading apart, wierd I know. Overall, very nice product.

pants1558
pants1558's Reviews
05-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: strong stable with no swaybar on highway
Cons: expencive only reason i had gotten these was because i found them on here for 250
Recommended? Yes

Comments: what can i say its ome best ride ever

Ozzyjeep
Ozzyjeep's Reviews
05-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Excellent Flex
Cons: Didnt get 2.5" Lift
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Didnt get the promised lift, so now considering SOA

mbardeen
mbardeen's Reviews
04-27-2012, 10:36 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: Nice ride, decent lift
Cons: Price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Springs and rear leafs on an 1995 XJ. Install was easy. Much better ride than my tired old springs, lift feels nices.

dtn8tr

dtn8tr's Reviews
04-20-2012, 02:28 PM
Price: $330.00
Pros: Very good springs, nice ride good flex.
Cons: need more choices in lift height
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought the springs and OME bushing kits online. Everything arrived during the week and I proceeded to start the project on Satuday morning. Well...after spending the entire day I finally got the old components off and the front back together. It took most of Sunday to finish up(23 years of rusted frozen bolts!) but when I got it together I was excited. At the side step I measured just under 3" of lift. The ride is night and day different from the old worn stock components and it flexes well on the trail. I am glad that decided on the OME springs. The only thing that I would probably do different is put 36R on all four corners.

WA_KK
WA_KK's Reviews
04-14-2012, 01:21 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Much better ride
Cons: rust quickly
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Greatly improved the ride and the look of the Jeep. Downside is that they rust quickly, not that it will really hurt them at all.

War Pig 0811

War Pig 0811's Reviews
04-13-2012, 05:13 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Built as promised
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Exceeded expectations. Definately heavy duty. Made a huge difference!

91BoD
91BoD's Reviews
12-30-2011, 05:53 PM
Price: $440.00
Pros: Great ride, no sag, advertised amount of lift.
Cons: None?
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 14F springs provide 2.5" of lift where as the heavier duty 36R springs provide closer to 3" of lift. This causes a bit of a rake to the front. If i were to do it again I would use 36Rs all the way around even if ride suffered slightly.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »