34K views 65 replies 64 participants last post by  carlsflh 
#1 ·
Product Information
Price $450
Rating 4
Average Price $343.97
Manufacturer Old Man Emu (OME)
Recommended Yes: 65 / No: 0

The emu is a unique bird native to Australia and cannot fly due to its massive size, but these amazing creatures can really run well. Their powerful legs absorb most of the impact while moving, allowing them to cover all types of terrain with the greatest of ease while their bodies remain virtually motionless.

Vehicle Suspension is especially complex, to say the least. When designing a suspension, special attention must be given to many factors with weight being the most critical. Most aftermarket suspension systems are only available in a single configuration, with lift height often being your only option. Old Man Emu is different. Instead of offering a compilation of parts that have been chosen primarily to increase the vehicle's ride height, Emu offers a range of tuned and matched, integrated systems, each offering varying degrees of comfort, load carrying capability & control characteristics. All components are designed by ARB and manufactured in Australia with an unrelenting, no-compromise approach.

Choose a suspension rated for a heavy load when your vehicle is equipped with many heavy accessories such as a winch, ARB bumper, hardtop, V8 engine conversion, roof rack, swing out tire carrier, etc. A medium load suspension will provide a softer ride for vehicles with perhaps just a winch and a hardtop. An Emu suspension rated for light loads is only recommended for soft top vehicles with little or no heavy accessories. When in doubt, choose medium. If you are looking for a firm ride and plan to add lots of heavy accessories in the future, choose a system rated for heavy loads. See you on the trails, mate

See less See more
#4 ·
Price $118
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: So far they're great. Initially they lifted the truck 4" over stock. Currently, with 180lbs in the cargo area they're sitting at 3". They've been on less than a week and haven't had much time to settle yet. Ride quality is excellent.

#7 ·
Price $145
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: adds a great look and ride. not too bad an install. takes a little longer than most people think if your not prepared. lol get ready for those stock shocks and surprise stripping of bolts!

#10 ·
Price $268
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Put these in last week, I believe it now rides better than stock. I would recommend these springs to everyone looking for this size lift, especially if you drive a lot of highway.

#11 ·
Price $120
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: great product, great flex, would definitely buy them again. my new front bumper was probably around 30 lb.s heavier than stock and it didn't squat a bit. A+

#12 ·
Price $1
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: Great product! The springs are perfectly matched to a TJ. I've got the OME shocks with it as well.

Two thumbs up!

#13 ·
Price $300
Rating 3
Recommended yes

Comments: Fronts sagged an inch or more after being installed for a month or so. Rears didn't. Again, there are probably springs just as good out there for less scratch.

#14 ·
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: Owned for 3 years, I run the Medium weight OME springs on my WJ and have enjoyed them. I lose .5 inches of height as opposed to HD springs, but I opted for a smoother ride in my 4.0L. Two thumbs up.

#17 ·
Price $200
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: Excellent product, I definately would recommend. Ride quality is greatly improved over 2" BB.

#19 ·
Price $275
Rating 4
Pros Levels out WJ stance
Cons More expensive than most springs
Recommended yes

Comments: Bought 4 OME HD (936 and 945) coil springs to level out 2002 WJ and lift. I also added 3/4 inch spring spacers for a total of 3" lift.

Hub to fender measurement went from 18 inches to 21 inches.

The HD versions of the springs are stiffer than stock WJ springs but give the WJ a real nice stance and allow you to run 31 inch tires with no problems.

No need for adjustable control arms, adjustable track bar, drive shaft work, etc. with 3 inch lift. Total cost of the lift was about $650.00 (OME HD springs, Pro-Comp MX6 shocks, 3/4" spacers).

#20 ·
Price $352
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Very nice, no sag after install, and handle my steel bumpers, tire carrier, well. dont beat ya up too much, it is a jeep not a caddy

#25 ·
Price $140
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: A little bouncy in the rear, but that may be fixed with extended end links in the back

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.