Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Springs > Currie Anti-Rock Sway Bar

The Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Currie Anti-Rock Sway Bar Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Springs Next Product

Currie Anti-Rock Sway Bar

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $225.00
Average Price: $286.00
Manufacturer: Currie
Recommended?
Yes: 4 / No: 0

This sway bar works with the stock rear sway bar to allow articulation offroad and keep the body roll under control on the road.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

IH8PEPL

Web Wheeler
IH8PEPL's Reviews

04-30-2012, 11:37 PM
Price: $320.00
Pros: See Review
Cons: See Review
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I guess I will be the bad guy here.

After having discos, then running my Jeep without a front sway bar - I figured it was time to go with the antirock. Did plenty of research and pulled the trigger.

Pros:
Initial install of the Antirock took 30 minutes. Set it to the second to last setting. Took it for a test drive and noticed immediate results. The jeep feels more steady and sure both on and offroad. I think it feels better than the stock swaybar onroad. Offroad, doesnt feel like being offroad anymore - the jeep just glides across uneven terrain. Now I dont have to mess with disconnects.

Cons:
Before buying the Antirock I did lots of reading and looking at pics in relation to my bumper. Even PMing people with my bumper/antirock combo. From everything I read and looked at - it should have fit with minor trimming. Every Jeep is different I guess...

Any high quality / full width bumper is going to have boxed mounting ends. Such is the case with my Mopar Rockcrawler bumper. Knowing I had trim openings in the bumper I grabbed the angle grinder and went at it. 3 days, 5 grinding wheels, destroyed powdercoating and lots of headaches later - I was left with a mutilated $600 bumper. I removed nearly 2lbs of steel to just barely clear the Antirock arms. I also had to trim the arms themselves and even the boltheads that secure the arms. You need clearance fron the front of the frame all the way to the cross member. Will this hurt the integrity of the bumper?

My bumper in particular has tubes on either side to protect the fog lights, which cant be cut or removed. So my experience will be unique. Never the less, I really think Currie could have taken the time to refine the arm design with countersunk hardware and rounded arm ends fore those of us with boxed bumper ends. Currie claims the antirock works with 95% of aftermarket bumper to which I say bull**** ! There is nothing wrong with improving on a good thing Currie!!! The current design is 3-4 years old. Even offsetting the torsion bar more towards the wheel side of the cross member would buy plenty of clearance = less cutting.

for being great offroad.
for the hassle of having to chop your bumper up more than what should be needed.

Im sure it will be all worth the hassle in the longrun.

MountainGrizz

MountainGrizz's Reviews
01-19-2010, 01:08 PM
Price: $299.00
Pros: Dont have to disconnect
Cons: Lose some travel, alittle sqirmy on the highway.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: If you get tired of going out and disconnecting your disconnect swaybars, this is the swaybar for you! Having to wipe off the mud and trying to find level ground to connect the swaybars is a pain in the A$$..... This is a great item to have if you do alot of hard core wheelin'. The only down fall would be you lose some travel, no much though....

elkfan2

elkfan2's Reviews

05-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Dont have to mess with disconnects, still handles good onroad, handles even better offroad.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: After installing this I took it out to Elbe to try it on some spots that felt a little tippy in the past and the difference was amazing, will never run without a sway bar again.

undercoverfab

Vendor
undercoverfab's Reviews

05-19-2008, 04:43 PM
Currie Anti-Rock Sway Bar
Price: $225.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This sway bar should allow for full articulation offroad while maintaining good road manners.