Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Springs > Clayton Off Road - Clayton 4" springs

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Clayton Off Road - Clayton 4" springs Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Springs Next Product

Clayton Off Road - Clayton 4" springs

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $149.00
Average Price: $286.00
Manufacturer: Clayton Off Road
Recommended?
Yes: 3 / No: 0
Company Website: http://claytonoffroad.com/

Clayton Off Road coils were specifically designed to provide the best in ride quality without sacrificing durability and load carrying capacity. Its easy to make a taller, stiffer spring. The hard part is making a taller spring, which will have more capacity to handle your aftermarket bumper and winch, and still give you that smooth ride everyone is looking for. After a few test springs we succeeded, and now we hear comments such as , “Wow, my Jeep actually rides better then stock”. Each coil spring is powder coated black, labeled with our custom part number and individually packaged in a heavy duty bag. Carefully packaged and sold in pairs.
$149.00

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

lestatsghost

lestatsghost's Reviews
06-17-2012, 11:24 PM
Price: $159.00
Pros: Nice flex, heavy springs, nicely made and packaged
Cons: will not hold up to a V8, ARB and winch to keep 4.5" lift
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got the WJ 4.5" springs which isn't listed. I have the V8 and was thinking yeah I won't get 4.5" out of the front's it will sag down to maybe 4" after they settle in. They didn't actually I wound up with a 5" lift front and rear, not what I was expecting. I put on my ARB Bumper and winch and the front collapsed to only a 3" measured from hub to fender in the front. If you have an I6 and put on an ARB and winch you should stay at the 4.5" range or maybe down to 4" in the front. They are flexy and provide a good ride but dropping an inch and a half from advertised lift height not the actual was kind of a surprise especially after having 5" before the ARB and winch went on. just be aware that you will need either ARB spring packers or to level it out, a 2" front BB, or if you have the V8, ARB and Winch maybe go with the 6.5" front springs if you are building your own lift. The rear is holding at a 5" lift even with added weight in the back for gear while on the trail or towing a trailer.

MUDDIGGER21
MUDDIGGER21's Reviews
12-25-2010, 09:08 PM
Price: $550.00
Pros: Plenty of ground clearence
Cons: little too much body roll.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love my Clayton 4in lift springs. No real complaints except the body roll. Its not too bad but enough that i notice. If anyone purchases this kit i would recommend aftermarket sway bar.

williambmac

williambmac's Reviews

09-27-2010, 10:04 PM
Price: $149.00
Pros: nice product, well made
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Hey it's a clayton product so I can't complain. The springs are great, nice ride. Much better than the Rubicon Express springs I had.