Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Springs > BDS 2" springs

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinAlloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

BDS 2" springs Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Springs Next Product

BDS 2" springs

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $100.00
Average Price: $200.13
Manufacturer: BDS
Recommended?
Yes: 15 / No: 1

Love them gave me the like i needed with a 2" BB

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

chuck85225
chuck85225's Reviews
09-17-2014, 07:44 PM
Price: $230.00
Pros: easy to fit in gained more than advertised
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed and gained about 2.5 inches all the way around even with a hard top and front bumper with winch. Gives a good ride and not to extreme for 31 inch tires

applerock
applerock's Reviews
06-19-2013, 12:44 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Good ride Decent lift
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ride and corner very well. Excellent for mainly street jeep with some off-road.
Allowed me to fit on 285/75/16 and keep handling.

SunnyYJ
SunnyYJ's Reviews
02-21-2013, 06:45 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: lifts the jeep and price
Cons: little stiff at first
Recommended? Yes

Comments: for the price you cant bear em.

Linus
Linus's Reviews

02-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Price: $189.00
Pros: Great price, lifetime warranty, lifted full 2"
Cons: rough ride, stiff springs
Recommended? No

Comments: Put 2" BDS lift springs on my WJ with Bilstein 5100 shocks. They lifted my Jeep 2" evenly as advertised. I've had them on 6 months and 10k miles on them and they are too rough for my taste. Pot holes and bumps in the road shake the whole Jeep. And dips when you come off bridges drops you in your seat. I believe stock WJ spring rates are 160 lbs/in and these are 240 lbs/in. There are other 2" spring lift brands with milder spring rates that may make for a more comfortable ride. But these would be great if you tow a lot since it would prevent the rear from sagging.

ry1820

ry1820's Reviews
05-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Pros: .
Cons: .
Recommended? Yes

Comments: .

billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
billzcat1's Reviews
04-28-2012, 01:21 AM
Pros: Excellent ride, handling. High spring rate means excellent towing and load hauling abilities as well. Lifetime warranty
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The 2" BDS lift springs are the way to go for anyone lifting a WJ 3" or under. They are only $70 more than doing a plain budget boost spacer lift and provide actual performance advantages above just lifting 2".

First, they will replace your original soft, sagging springs with firmer 240 lb/in springs. This adds some much-needed confidence in the corners without riding harshly on bumps. The additional spring rate also means a lot less squat when hauling a load or towing a trailer. They are also backed by a no-questions-asked lifetime warranty and are made in the USA. What else can you ask for?

Unlike other WJ lifts, they lift an even 2" front and rear. This keeps the factory rake preserved on the WJ. If you are looking to level out the rake, then add 3/4" spacers up front and you are perfect.

cbman
cbman's Reviews
03-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Great ride, hold their form well under articulation of the vehicle, provide a decent ride height.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These springs are sweet. They handle hitting rock patches at 20 MPH twice as nicely as stock springs. These BDS springs do offer a forgiving ride in terms of bounce and vibration, but are very stiff when maneuvering slower obstacles as to keep the body and frame very level. In comparison the stock springs would collapse in the rear if one was to come off a ledge hard. But these don't compress, so you are less likely to scrape frame, gas tank, or bumper. I have indeed hit a jump and caught air with these springs and when all the Jeep's weight came down on the front springs I was amazed at how little give they had. The vehicle just came down, and weight was not "waved" from left to right spring uncontrollably, they just caught the YJ comfortably and moved on! BDS is best of the best and these are some examples of how. My friend had the old "good" Rough Country springs and they are much more bouncy and soft even with new RC HD shocks. I bought super lift shocks off Quadratc for the rear, kept the stock shocks in the front and she handles beautifully off the road. Don't be fooled by buying expensive shocks BTW, unless you're racing pro off road or something the Super Rides were the cheapest and are built excellently. I installed Ranchos on someone's truck a week later only to find they were practically the same shock. Perhaps the valves were different but I doubt it. Same paint, build quality, and feel, with different stickers to put on the side!

skateslabel
skateslabel's Reviews
10-16-2011, 01:02 AM
Price: $123.00
Pros: -Lifts the rear 2" -Affordable
Cons: -None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Affordable upgrade that is only slightly more expensive than a budget boost. Provides a great ride.

Moab4Life
Moab4Life's Reviews
04-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Price: $119.00
Pros: Much better than coil spacers
Cons: More expensive than coil spacers
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far these are doing great. Good road handling, I tow a TJ behind my WJ 200 miles and it handles well. Off road I have no complaints! solid product. Spend the money on coils instead of the spacers.

Erik719

Erik719's Reviews
03-30-2011, 12:52 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: .
Cons: .
Recommended? Yes

Comments: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rubicon_Rob04

Rubicon_Rob04's Reviews
02-26-2011, 08:17 PM
Price: $399.00
Pros: Warranty, pricing, quality
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just purchased individual springs and have nothing bad to say.

There 2" lift kit is lacking any trackbar relocation and your axles will be offset 3/8" from center.

jebnmikki
jebnmikki's Reviews
07-27-2010, 05:41 AM
Price: $75.00
Pros: these are actually 3" coils by BDS nice springs.
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I used these springs with 1.75 spacers to get 4.5" lift I also used the 4.5 BDS shocks.

93ZJ_5.2_ca
93ZJ_5.2_ca's Reviews
07-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Great hight and ride
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Well thanks forum for keeping up to date, These are 4.5" springs and work well.

Mayfair_Jeeper

Mayfair_Jeeper's Reviews
01-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Awsome ride
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy install. Just what I needed to replace the BB.

ktroth

ktroth's Reviews

03-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Warranty
Cons: were not free
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Mine are actually 3" springs.