Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Track Bars > JKS Telescoping Trackbar

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

JKS Telescoping Trackbar Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Track Bars Next Product

JKS Telescoping Trackbar

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $270.00
Average Price: $176.43
Manufacturer: JKS
Recommended?
Yes: 7 / No: 0

The JKS Telescoping Trackbar provides 31% more suspension articulation off-road without sacrificing the stability necessary for safe on-road operation. In fact, the amount of articulation prohibited by the OE front trackbar is comparable to the amount of articulation gained with JKS swaybar disconnects!
Our Telescoping Trackbar is a direct replacement for the original and features a locking, slip-shaft mechanism that is greasable for smooth, silent operation. When unlocked, the trackbar becomes transparent to the vehicle, allowing unrestricted suspension travel and maximum off-road performance. To prevent binding, high quality, Teflon-lined heim joints attach the trackbar to the axle and chassis.
The relocation brackets supplied with most lift kits change the angle of the trackbar in relation to the steering drag link. The alignment of these components is critical to prevent bump steer – a condition that changes the direction of the front wheels in response to suspension movement, as opposed to steering input. Upgrade to a JKS Telescoping Trackbar instead for uncompromised performance on-road and off.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

YJWarrior
YJWarrior's Reviews
04-24-2010, 07:44 AM
Price: $180.00
Pros: Well made, improves steering stability and body roll. Easy to install
Cons: Expensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Well made, improves steering stability and body roll. Easy to install. There are a lot of opinions out on the forum regarding track and sway bars in terms of whether to pull them off or leave them on. I think it's personal preference and I like thefeel of my YJ with the track bar on while driving on the road ... I'm also going to get the Quicker Disconnects next month.

buZZBomb_

buZZBomb_'s Reviews

09-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Price: $211.00
Pros: easy to install.
Cons: had to buy drill bit
Recommended? Yes

Comments: it helped steering on road.it made my jeep alot safer to drive.and when i hit the trail,just loosen 1 nut and i still have the flex i had without a track bar before.the install is very easy,3/4" socket and wrench,and 1 1/8 wrench or 10" cresent wrench is all it takes.drilling out the existing hole to 1/2" needed to be done first,and was a problem for an apartment dweller such as myself.the track bar itself is very well made,and looks like it will last forever.

BlueButton
BlueButton's Reviews

05-04-2008, 12:05 AM
JKS Telescoping Trackbar
Price: $50.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought mine used. I don't know how may mile are already on it, but I have put 5000+ on it now and it is still going strong.

NYC_ZJ

Jeep for LIFE!!
NYC_ZJ's Reviews

04-23-2008, 04:53 AM
JKS Telescoping Trackbar
Price: $270.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have KOR's front adjustable track bar and the JKS rear adjustable track bar and both pieces are the highest quality in production. KOR's TB is a JKS piece but replaced with different busshings. If you have the money to spend, go with JKS Track bar!

CMARJEEP

CMARJEEP's Reviews

04-15-2008, 01:13 AM
JKS Telescoping Trackbar
Price: $135.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: very beefy. cut out a lot of bump steer. easy to install. can't say enough good things about it.

UNCC_99XJ
UNCC_99XJ's Reviews

03-10-2008, 12:04 AM
JKS Telescoping Trackbar
Price: $190.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very solid trac bar!

Ryno98
Ryno98's Reviews

07-09-2007, 12:45 AM
JKS Telescoping Trackbar
Price: $199.00
Pros: Excellent on road improvement with minimal off-road compromise
Cons: One more thing to "disconnect" when you get to the trail
Recommended? Yes

Comments: After dealing with loose steering, excessive body roll, and downright dangerous bump-steer after lifting my jeep and running with no front trackbar, I decided to get the JKS Telescoping Trackbar. Some will say they don't need a trackbar, etc. but my mission for this Jeep is to build a machine that is extremely capable on- and off-road.

The trackbar appears very well made, but the mount-up is a little weird. You drill out the stock axle trackbar mount with a 1/2" bit and it bolts right up. The chassis mount utilizes a weird spacer in between the stock mounting brackets and the trackbar actually mounts behind the bracket. This is a little strange and potentially allows for some slippage of the spacer, but the instructions do say you can weld it in place if that happens. (Good luck getting to that spot with your welder...) Very easy 15-20 minute install overall. The sliding mechanism of the trackbar is protected by a boot and looks somewhat like a steering stabilizer. The mechanism is locked with a 9/16" nut on the front of a J-clamp. Unlike one portion of the manual states, you only need one wrench to loosen or tighten this nut. Very easy. For going off-road, you loosen the nut and the trackbar can "silently" telescope in and out to avoid binding your articulation.

As far as performance, I was amazed with the difference on-road. The trackbar eliminated any bumpsteer (it is parallel with the drag link) and tightened up the steering feel and response. It greatly reduced body roll in corners and seemed to allow the suspension as a whole to better respond to bumps in the road. Off-road, the idea of partially loosening the 9/16" nut and hoping that is doesn't fall off is a little weird, but it seemed to work okay. I did not notice any reduction in the amount of flex after I loosened the nut and disconnected my swaybar. The trackbar mounts do not rattle and the bracket spacer at the chassis mount has not slipped at all despite some hard driving/flexing.

Overall, I have been very surprised and pleased with the trackbar and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to tighten up the on-road feel and increase the safety of a lifted YJ.