LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of Old 08-02-2006, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
SurfnSnow
2010 JK Wrangler 

Currie Enterprises Anti-Rock Sway Bar, TJ

This is Currie's replacement for the stock sway bar on the Jeep TJ. Kit comes with new sway bar, arms and linkage that can be done in a couple of hours.

post #2 of Old 08-02-2006, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
SurfnSnow
2010 JK Wrangler 

For a while I was considering sway bar disconnects as a way to get better articulation for the TJ, but after a day of mudding I thought "There's no way I want to get under the Jeep to reconnect the sway bar". After some research I found the Currie Anti-Rock Sway bar and found it is the perfect solution for a lazy guy like myself. The installation was very straight forward with decent directions from Currie and some reading on Stu's website, but the instructions lack photos (as a graduate assignment I took Currie's instructions and added photos of my install to make it easier for anyone else. If anyone wants a copy let me know). The only tough part of the install is trying to get the white donuts into the frame with out bashing your hand. A good solid mallet will make things much easier. Here's a link with more photos:
http://jeeperz.tenmagazines.com/myga...234-album-7089

Off-road the Currie Anti-Rock is great, with the added flex. You can get more articulation with disconnects but I don't know how much more. Also I like how you can adjust the amount of flex by moving the linkage forward for a more stock ride or all the way towards the back for maximum flex.
On the highway, I didn't really feel that much change in the body roll of the TJ. It may freak some people out but it's not that bad and you get used to it.
Overall, I'd recommend the Currie Anti-Rock sway bar to anyone. Are they better than disconnects? I don't know, but like I said I'm lazy and usually after some wheelin' the last thing I want to do is mess around with some linkage.
post #3 of Old 08-03-2006, 06:48 PM
TJdave

1997 TJ Wrangler 

How cool is it not to have to disconnect and reconnect after every offroad trip?? That is why I bought it. The RE discos that came with mr superflex kit werent doing it for me so I chose the Anti-rock kit. I ran with no discos for a while and it was scary.

So far I have been very pleased with the amount of stability and the flex you get, there seems to be a good balance. You can adjust it to where you feel comfortable and it has given me zero problems.
post #4 of Old 12-29-2006, 10:19 AM
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

I installed my anti-rock a couple months back and i have been nothing but pleased with this product. It provides just the right amount of flex because when I was disconnected there was too much flex and this weakened my jeeps abilities. This sway bar does exactly what it is supposed to and limits the flex so it is just perfect. It also looks great under the jeep. I recommend this to everyone!
post #5 of Old 03-20-2008, 02:47 AM
USCGTWEET

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I think that it is a great product but once I installed it I had to take an angle grinder to my smittybuilt SRC bumper and realistically can not see how any front bumper would fit without modding. Also really should have a body lift installed to run it. I did not and the arms came up and "made there own clearance" on the inside of my tub just in front of my front fenders.
post #6 of Old 05-04-2008, 03:04 PM
BrokerDon
2003 TJ Wrangler 

All I can say is BUY A SET OF THESE RIGHT NOW and not only get MUCH better axle articulation but also a MUCH better on AND off road ride! FLOATS over rocks yet rolls LESS on corners. 1,000% better than factory sway bars... BEST SUSPENSION PRODUCT ON THE MARKET!
post #7 of Old 07-05-2008, 06:21 PM
StvDiego

A huge difference over stock especially off-road, all the flex I need and more with no crawling around disconnecting. A little looser on the road, but livable
post #8 of Old 08-03-2008, 03:58 AM
rickw450
2006 LJ Wrangler 

No more disconnecting at the trail head. Just air down and go. Multiple settings.
post #9 of Old 10-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Takota
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Great addition for those going off road! So far, so good & hope it stays that way!
post #10 of Old 02-20-2009, 06:53 PM
gatornut30
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Have not had the pleasure of using this puppy cause I'm in S Korea and the Jeep is at home in Florida.
post #11 of Old 03-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Gives me a good amount of flex and still has control for DD on the road. I did not want to mess with quick disconnects when it's 17 degrees and my jeep is coated with frozen mud.
post #12 of Old 06-28-2010, 06:01 PM
jeepjoe4

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I have these on the front and rear of my jeep and they just work no binding no loud pops and great control on and off road
post #13 of Old 12-28-2010, 09:46 PM
Surly

Best product that I have installed to date. This swaybar system offers large increase gains in performance and stability offroad. It was worth every penny.
post #14 of Old 06-23-2011, 06:34 AM
Pillswoj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Product works. Squeaks in the winter. On the road the jeep handles softer, but body roll is still controlled. Offroad it is a huge improvement over being disconnected.
post #15 of Old 06-19-2012, 10:48 PM
MillerFam
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The install was much more difficult than indicated. A "few light taps with a mallet" actually means relentless beating with a large hammer and 3X3 piece of wood. Aside from the install, the product looks good and appears to be of very high quality. I have always run fully connected offroad so I immediately noticed an increase in articulation after installing this product. I am happy with my purchase thus far.