Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Track Bars > Currie Enterprises Anti-Rock Sway Bar, TJ

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Currie Enterprises Anti-Rock Sway Bar, TJ Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Track Bars Next Product

Currie Enterprises Anti-Rock Sway Bar, TJ

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $350.00
Average Price: $298.64
Manufacturer: Currie Enterprises
Recommended?
Yes: 17 / No: 0

This is Currie's replacement for the stock sway bar on the Jeep TJ. Kit comes with new sway bar, arms and linkage that can be done in a couple of hours.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

melx3
melx3's Reviews
04-04-2014, 12:49 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: No more having to deal with pesky time consuming disconnects. Ride quality over disconnects is much better on the trails.
Cons: product arrived with rust and flaking powder coat.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I am really happy with this product. Feels a lot more stable in comparison to disconnects, especially on the uneven terrain. Feels like you're gliding right over rocks. I would recommend it over disconnects. My only regret is not getting the aluminum arms because my arms arrived with the powder coat flaking off and rust spots and I couldn't exchange them for aluminum arms. I'd advise anyone considering this product to opt for the aluminum arms. Other than the small cosmetic deficiency the anti rock sway bar is excellent and performs adequately.

cplacke
cplacke's Reviews
11-28-2012, 04:34 PM
Price: $325.00
Pros: no more disconnecting!
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Install is very simple. You must have at lease a 4" lift or else there is some cutting involved on the links. (my jeep has 4" and the links could have used a 1/2" cut on the links, but it was close enough so I decided not to). Can't wait to get it off-road and test them out!

MillerFam
MillerFam's Reviews
06-20-2012, 12:48 AM
Price: $339.00
Pros: Increased articulation, no need to disconnect.
Cons: Not as easy to install as the directions indicate. Increased (but manageable) body roll on the street.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The install was much more difficult than indicated. A "few light taps with a mallet" actually means relentless beating with a large hammer and 3X3 piece of wood. Aside from the install, the product looks good and appears to be of very high quality. I have always run fully connected offroad so I immediately noticed an increase in articulation after installing this product. I am happy with my purchase thus far.

Pillswoj
Pillswoj's Reviews
06-23-2011, 08:34 AM
Price: $299.00
Pros: Set it and Forget it Improved stability offroad vs diconnected
Cons: Heims squeak if unless sprayed with grease/oil weekly in winter. Grease fittings would have made it perfect.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Product works. Squeaks in the winter. On the road the jeep handles softer, but body roll is still controlled. Offroad it is a huge improvement over being disconnected.

Surly
Surly's Reviews
12-28-2010, 11:46 PM
Price: $280.00
Pros: -Excellent quality -Simple install/easily adjustable -Performs great
Cons: -Had to mod/fab end link length -Slight increase in body roll as mentioned
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best product that I have installed to date. This swaybar system offers large increase gains in performance and stability offroad. It was worth every penny.

jeepjoe4

jeepjoe4's Reviews
06-28-2010, 08:01 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: easy to install and they work
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have these on the front and rear of my jeep and they just work no binding no loud pops and great control on and off road

Filthy-Beast

Filthy-Beast's Reviews
03-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Price: $280.00
Pros: Easy to install, allows flex and control
Cons: Not super easy to adjust amount of flex vs control once installed
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Gives me a good amount of flex and still has control for DD on the road. I did not want to mess with quick disconnects when it's 17 degrees and my jeep is coated with frozen mud.

gatornut30

gatornut30's Reviews

02-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Have not had the pleasure of using this puppy cause I'm in S Korea and the Jeep is at home in Florida.

Takota
Takota's Reviews

10-13-2008, 01:23 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great addition for those going off road! So far, so good & hope it stays that way!

rickw450
rickw450's Reviews

08-03-2008, 05:58 AM
Price: $350.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: No more disconnecting at the trail head. Just air down and go. Multiple settings.

StvDiego
StvDiego's Reviews

07-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A huge difference over stock especially off-road, all the flex I need and more with no crawling around disconnecting. A little looser on the road, but livable

BrokerDon
BrokerDon's Reviews

05-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: All I can say is BUY A SET OF THESE RIGHT NOW and not only get MUCH better axle articulation but also a MUCH better on AND off road ride! FLOATS over rocks yet rolls LESS on corners. 1,000% better than factory sway bars... BEST SUSPENSION PRODUCT ON THE MARKET!

USCGTWEET

USCGTWEET's Reviews

03-20-2008, 04:47 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Great Flex
Cons: Front Bumper would not fit back on/Body tub damage
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I think that it is a great product but once I installed it I had to take an angle grinder to my smittybuilt SRC bumper and realistically can not see how any front bumper would fit without modding. Also really should have a body lift installed to run it. I did not and the arms came up and "made there own clearance" on the inside of my tub just in front of my front fenders.

mattman8706

Web Wheeler
mattman8706's Reviews

12-29-2006, 12:19 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: very good articulation works great and looks great!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed my anti-rock a couple months back and i have been nothing but pleased with this product. It provides just the right amount of flex because when I was disconnected there was too much flex and this weakened my jeeps abilities. This sway bar does exactly what it is supposed to and limits the flex so it is just perfect. It also looks great under the jeep. I recommend this to everyone!

TJdave

TJdave's Reviews

08-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Price: $260.00
Pros: Great articulation and stability both on and offroad
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: How cool is it not to have to disconnect and reconnect after every offroad trip?? That is why I bought it. The RE discos that came with mr superflex kit werent doing it for me so I chose the Anti-rock kit. I ran with no discos for a while and it was scary.

So far I have been very pleased with the amount of stability and the flex you get, there seems to be a good balance. You can adjust it to where you feel comfortable and it has given me zero problems.

SurfnSnow
SurfnSnow's Reviews

08-02-2006, 10:21 PM
Price: $299.00
Pros: Better articulation, adjustable, easy to install
Cons: Getting everything to line up was a bit tough
Recommended? Yes

Comments: For a while I was considering sway bar disconnects as a way to get better articulation for the TJ, but after a day of mudding I thought "There's no way I want to get under the Jeep to reconnect the sway bar". After some research I found the Currie Anti-Rock Sway bar and found it is the perfect solution for a lazy guy like myself. The installation was very straight forward with decent directions from Currie and some reading on Stu's website, but the instructions lack photos (as a graduate assignment I took Currie's instructions and added photos of my install to make it easier for anyone else. If anyone wants a copy let me know). The only tough part of the install is trying to get the white donuts into the frame with out bashing your hand. A good solid mallet will make things much easier. Here's a link with more photos:
http://jeeperz.tenmagazines.com/myga...234-album-7089

Off-road the Currie Anti-Rock is great, with the added flex. You can get more articulation with disconnects but I don't know how much more. Also I like how you can adjust the amount of flex by moving the linkage forward for a more stock ride or all the way towards the back for maximum flex.
On the highway, I didn't really feel that much change in the body roll of the TJ. It may freak some people out but it's not that bad and you get used to it.
Overall, I'd recommend the Currie Anti-Rock sway bar to anyone. Are they better than disconnects? I don't know, but like I said I'm lazy and usually after some wheelin' the last thing I want to do is mess around with some linkage.