Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Zone Offroad Products TJ 4'' Suspension Lift #J1400/J1401

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Zone Offroad Products TJ 4'' Suspension Lift #J1400/J1401 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Zone Offroad Products TJ 4'' Suspension Lift #J1400/J1401

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $500.00
Average Price: $561.94
Manufacturer: Zone Offroad Products
Recommended?
Yes: 30 / No: 2

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 2 1 2

chadeverette
chadeverette's Reviews

12-30-2010, 09:00 AM
Price: $529.00
Pros: Price, fast shipping, excellent customer service, very well designed and well built.
Cons: STIFF springs and shocks.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought my kit from 4X4Groupbuy.com for $529 shipped. They were very prompt and appreciative. I called Zone directly with a question and they were responsive and helpful.

My first impression of the kit was WEIGHT! The tubular control arms are super heavy and greasable. The kit doesn't include a adjustable track bars but when installed properly it centers up perfectly and handles excellent without them. It went on pretty easy but took longer than I expected. Enlarging the rear upper track mounts to set the rear pinion angle was the only real PITA in the installation.

I ended up with at least 4.5 inches of lift from the 4 inch kit. After aligning the front end to 1/8 toe in, the kit has great manners on the road. The springs are much stiffer than stock and you will feel every bump in the road unless you cut some air out of your tires. The stiff ride makes the kit disappointingly harsher than stock on gravel roads but those same stiff springs make your tall jeep handle every bit as well as a stock jeep in the corners. Im incredibly impressed with its handling on the road.

Id recommend a SYE. The transfer case drop went in easy enough and I did not need to install the transfer case shift linkage relocation bracket. However i did get shifter interference which made 2nd and reverse difficult to engage. I removed the neoprene sleeve between the two shifter boots and relocated the lower boot and console back 1/2 inch which cured that problem. I do have some very minor driveline vibe at low rpm in tall gears but youd probably never notice it unless you were looking for it.

Ive put about 500 miles on it in a couple weeks with zero problems. Ive only wheeled briefly since then and with the sway bars hooked up so, i cant really speak to articulation.

I think its a great kit for the money, especially if you spend more time on road, than off.

kolky

kolky's Reviews
12-02-2010, 11:32 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Cheap, made by BDS
Cons: Noen that I can find
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This lift came with my Jeep and I have not had any problems with it at all. Great product for the money.

Rider_fan
Rider_fan's Reviews
10-11-2010, 10:48 PM
Price: $550.00
Pros: Good instructions, went on easily. Great look. Great on and off road. TC drop.
Cons: Had minor high speed driveline vibes, but narrowed the problem down to my tires - go new tires and 95% eliminated problem.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great customer service. FAST shipping. Kit was complete, and installed with no problems - well engineered. Great on and off road manners.

No complaints - would definitely do it again !!!

Decimage
Decimage's Reviews
10-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: great ride, good service
Cons: none, so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just got this kit. Seems awesome so far.

IVIVI
IVIVI's Reviews
09-22-2010, 01:40 PM
Price: $595.00
Pros: Easy installation. Good instructions
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like it so far.

ImBruno
ImBruno's Reviews

07-31-2010, 09:14 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Great quality, good price, nice ride and handling
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had the Zone 4" lift installed and only have good things to say. The mechanic commented on the great quality of the parts (I hear they are the same as the more expensive BDS lift kits). The ride is much better than I expected. It handles well on road / highway, but shines off road. Easily accommodates my 33x12.5x15 tires and wheels. I get no vibrations and do not have a SYE kit installed. Highly recommended.

njmjeep

njmjeep's Reviews

07-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Pros: complete kit with heavy duty greaseable lca's
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great kit from a great company with outstanding customer service. I was lucky enough to do a side by side comparison of zone and rough country and the Zone suspension was the winner hands down. On road the zone was a much nicer all around ride and was in no way jarring like RC. I have had the suspension on for 1.5 years and aside from re-torqueing once after a few hundred miles and regularly greasing it I have had no problems. Offroad the kit performs very well and has handled plenty of abuse and flexes great with the sway bar disconnected. I have installed the kit on my 06 rubi, 285/75/16's on moabs and at full lock they rub the lca's. I was fortunate enough to skip the t-case drop and have no vibes due mainly to the fixed yoke on mine. Before I installed the kit I made sure to clear coat the shocks and damper with several coatings of rattle can clear and after an Iowa winter(salt) they are rust free and look like new. I added a 1.25 spacer to the front to compensate for my winch. I am very happy with this kit.

Keeganhmorgan
Keeganhmorgan's Reviews
07-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Pros: Price
Cons: Flex Rough
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It is a good lift kit for the price, the ride is definitely very rough. You can feel every bump in the road lol but that is fine with me. My lift is actually a 4.5 inch lift not a 4 inch but it is a great lift and it is alright off road.

Headrope

Headrope's Reviews

06-07-2010, 12:51 AM
Pros: Lots to mention but perhaps the biggest deal: New, greasable lower control arms made from 1-3/4" x 1/4" wall DOM tubing
Cons: Nothing really worth noting. A windshield sticker comes with the kit. So if you're not a fan of those beware. :)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: THE KIT
I'm a first-timer to Wranglers and was able to install it in 1.5 days with some help from a buddy. Quality parts and good fitment. The engineering seemed smart too - no welding involved, drilling kept to a minimum. Organization was remarkable. Everything needed (fasteners, bolts, washers, screws, etc) truly came with the kit and were presorted into separate baggies and labeled for each step of the install. It even came with loctite.

THE RIDE
I'm sitting a little bit more than 4-inches taller now. The ride feels different from factory. Not 'stiff' but seems to have less body roll than before and less brake dive. I can feel the articulation.

CAPABILITY
I'm able to crawl the malls now with the best of 'em. Kidding. The kit is holding up great so far both on and offroad.

Whobeme
Whobeme's Reviews

02-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Pros: Complete kit. New lower control arms. Great customer service. Good instructions.
Cons: None at this time.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've only had prior experience with BDS lift kits which I thought were a great quality kit with a great ride. With that being said I know Zone is owned by the same company as BDS. The Zone kit is a complete kit that had every thing I needed to complete the job. The ride is close to if not the same as the BDS kit. It is a little firmer ride than stock which is a good thing in my opinion. There is less body roll and brake dive. Over all I like the kit and would recommend it to any one looking for a quality kit that doesn't want to break the bank.

kristjen73

kristjen73's Reviews

04-23-2008, 02:51 PM
Zone Offroad Products TJ 4'' Suspension Lift #J1400/J1401
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've had the kit installed now for a few months and several off road trips. Haspin Acres in central Indiana a few times and couple of mud boggs. I've had no breaks with the suspension. The springs feel good not to stiff or soft. The only issue I have with the kit is my shocks are already showing rust and I haven't been through a mid-west winter yet with them. I would give the kit an 8 now, only minus the rust on the shocks.

Page 2 of 2 1 2