Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Zone Offroad Products TJ 4'' Suspension Lift #J1400/J1401

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Zone Offroad Products TJ 4'' Suspension Lift #J1400/J1401 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Zone Offroad Products TJ 4'' Suspension Lift #J1400/J1401

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $500.00
Average Price: $561.94
Manufacturer: Zone Offroad Products
Recommended?
Yes: 30 / No: 2

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

chrismlogan
chrismlogan's Reviews

08-14-2014, 04:34 AM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Love how it looks now.. You get more than the 4".
Cons: Needed more than the t-case drop because my frame didnt cooperate
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Definitely recommend. Be ready to replace some broken bolts

Would recommend upgrading to the nitro shocks for the extra $$

JFcavedweller

JFcavedweller's Reviews
10-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Price: $530.00
Pros: well constructed, smooth shocks
Cons: no adjustable UCA option
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got this kit as a replacement for my Rough Country 3.25" kit. The first thing I noticed was that the ride was so much smoother than what I was used to. It felt almost like going back to stock. I kept the 3/4" spacers from the RC lift so there are some driveline vibes (I just have the TC drop, going to buy a SYE), but otherwise it seems to be working flawlessly

JCarroll89
JCarroll89's Reviews
10-01-2013, 02:12 AM
Price: $550.00
Pros: Best kit you can get on a budget. Fit's 33's like a charm and allows for some pretty serious flex once you disco those sway bar links
Cons: Not the smoothest ride in the world, but if that's your biggest concern you should reconsider your vehicle purchase. Redrilling the hole for your track bar doesnt leave a lot of meat left on the stock bracket.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not too difficult to put on, solid quality parts, easy to follow directions, excellent performance off road.

CaptainDCD
CaptainDCD's Reviews
09-20-2013, 02:41 PM
Price: $549.00
Pros: Great ride on street, very detailed instructions..
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I opted for the upgrade on the shocks, and have had this kit almost 6 months now, mostly on road daily commute driving. Rides great , much more responsive than OEM

JohnyJeep

JohnyJeep's Reviews

07-25-2013, 09:45 PM
Price: $529.00
Pros: Quick and Easy lift for a basic kit, good for larger tires and appearance, light off roading.
Cons: No pitman arm or sway bar disconnects. Replacing the bushings again.
Recommended? No

Comments: No Pitman arm, bushings have started to become noisy, they've been and were greased. No trac bars or adjustability in the control arms. If you are going for appearance, bigger tires, light Off roading, hitting the mud hole or on a budget than its great. It flexes but really needs disconnects to let it work. Even if you are on a budget I would just be patient and hold out for a long arm or short arm with adjustable ends.

There are a lot of things to consider.
Since installing I have.

Replaced the rear lowers arms with rubicon express for adjustability and keeping my axel in place

Added RE upper rear arms
RE rear adjustable track bar
RE front adjustable Track
Had new rear shock tabs relocated on the rear axel
Sway bar disconnects
Pitman arm
Swaped the springs to RE 4.5

Dropping in a long arm upgrade this month.

Just do your research, it's not a bad kit for the basics. If you plan on some serious trail riding, save up for more inclusive kit or buy the extras from zone all at once

calerolland
calerolland's Reviews
03-04-2013, 10:52 PM
Price: $575.00
Pros: Awesome lift! Easy to install.
Cons: Doesn't come with a new pitman arm.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great lift kit for beginning. I am running 37" tires on it and have clearance to flex. Very affordable and wont break the bank. Zone's customer service was awesome and answered all my questions. Defiantly recommend!!!

CoastieTJ
CoastieTJ's Reviews
03-02-2013, 09:18 AM
Price: $530.00
Pros: Easy to install, came with everything needed to run fine.
Cons: Zirk fitting broke but its something I can go get.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have it on 33s with stock 3.07 ratio and it runs fine for what I can deal with right now, I looked at a lot of reviwed for months and I found that this lift did not have many bad reviews for a cheaper lift, so I went ahead and got it, and it hasnt failed me yet, abtou 200 miles on it so far top speed I have gone is about 65-70 with no vibrations.

imfromtexas

imfromtexas's Reviews

10-02-2012, 10:10 PM
Pros: Everything arrived in perfect conditioned and packaged extremely well
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just purchased the lift kit and plan to install it in the coming months, I will update this post with my experiences

Chewy6

Chewy6's Reviews
05-26-2012, 10:23 PM
Price: $550.00
Pros: Price, manufactured by same company as BDS
Cons: None that I can think of
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ride quality on road is great, no squeeking or any BS after 2 years. Fits 33's no problem and leaves room for good flex offroad. Also purchased the steering stabilizer and upgraded the shocks

RX4ROCS
RX4ROCS's Reviews
04-27-2012, 06:19 PM
Price: $525.00
Pros: Nice straight forward entry-level kit
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a stepping-stone kit for me until I am ready to replace the axles with Dana 60's and 40" tires. With that in mind and knowing this would be temporary solution I ordered up the Zone 4" kit which easily allowed room for a 33" tire and could probably fit a 35" tire as well. For the price and performance (trail tested on Barrett Lake Jeep trail and the Rubicon) it's hard to beat.

f18wrangler
f18wrangler's Reviews
04-07-2012, 01:42 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: great
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: love my liftttt

acidflame107
acidflame107's Reviews
03-14-2012, 02:41 AM
Price: $75.00
Pros: cheap
Cons: short arm kit.. very basic
Recommended? No

Comments: It is an ok lift if you are on a budget or can get it for a steal

04goldrubi74
04goldrubi74's Reviews
08-22-2011, 12:37 AM
Price: $1,150.00
Pros: tracbar bracket, brakeline brackets, t-case drop.
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: so far so great. i love this lift, it rides great on road and off road. no vibrations any where, no death wobble. handles great and drives smoothly.

s_beckerle
s_beckerle's Reviews
06-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Price: $599.00
Pros: Love the lift. Actually got 5.25 from it. The ride is amazing, and feels better than stock.
Cons: ZERO
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love the lift. Actually got 5.25 from it. The ride is amazing, and feels better than stock.

redrubicon11

redrubicon11's Reviews
03-31-2011, 08:46 AM
Price: $549.99
Pros: quality, strength
Cons: need drive shaft
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This kit is great for the price. The only down fall is you may have to buy a new drive shaft

jakeysnake

jakeysnake's Reviews

03-30-2011, 01:18 AM
Price: $1,600.00
Pros: High Quality, Easy Install, cost for quality.
Cons: I have to torque the lower control arms often or I get axle roll when accelerating.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought the lift in a package with a full set of 5 wheels and tires. I have been a mechanic for 20 years now and am very impressed with the quality of this kit. My buddy and I were able to install it in about 4-5 hrs. in a well equipped shop. The ride is stiff but that is what is expected with new springs and bushings and who wants a soft boat ride in a lifted Jeep? I built quick disconnects for the front sway bar and it made a world of difference offroad. My Jeep will seriously articulate now. 33 inch Micky Thompson MTZ's tuck up perfectly with out rubbing. After a year My front fender has 6.25 inches between it and the tire and the rear has 7.5 inches. I have a winch installed on the front bumper that adds to the difference of heights. I read mention of the shocks rusting and suggest buying a good quality spray paint that matches your Jeep color. I painted mine with copper hammer tone paint before installing them and they still look great even with all the salt Utah puts on the roads in the winter. Overall an incredible lift for the price. Zone has put together a great product. Just install quick disconnects for the articulation.

2003Jeepster
2003Jeepster's Reviews

03-30-2011, 12:42 AM
Pros: Great Lift for the Price, ride seems very good much better then stock
Cons: None Yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This was my 1st lift kit, so it was a great learning experience for me.
It took longer then expected time to install, but that was okay, I wanted to
make sure it was done right.
I thought the Instructions were ok, but seemed somewhat vague at times to
me. Im sure once a person has done one lift on there own, the next one will
be much faster.
I was impressed with the quality of the parts for the price compared to the
other lift kits out there.
I did alot of research on the forums and Internet, went with Zones 4" lift
the reviews were very high, especially for the price.
I am very happy with the ride so far after about a month.

niles6284

niles6284's Reviews
02-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Price: $650.00
Pros: Really awesome lift for the price
Cons: None at the moment
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought this lift for my ZJ in the fall last year.. love it! no more tire rubbing my fenders..

dhiatt3
dhiatt3's Reviews

01-26-2011, 12:18 AM
Pros: Appears to be well built and came with good instructions.
Cons: n/a
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I'm installing the 4" kit on my '04 this coming weekend and will follow up to let you know how it turns out and what it performs like.

Just curious for anyone who has installed this kit. I know the kit doesn't come with a dropped pitman arm and the manufacturer told me that it's not required or recommended due to possible steering bump. I was curious if you ever considered using a dropped pitman arm or not and how the steering geometry is working out without one?

Thanks!
OIIIIIIIO

JeepBro5
JeepBro5's Reviews
01-18-2011, 04:28 PM
Pros: Great price, includes lower control arms, build quality appears to be very high, ride quality is good.
Cons: None so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great price on a very complete kit - only things I might add in the future are an adjustable front trackbar and a new drive shaft. Everything seems to be very high quality, beefy lower control arms are a nice inclusion in the kit for the price, installation very straightforward. Ride quality is great - a little stiff but still settling, and I'd already say it's an improvement over the stock Rubicon shocks & springs. Installing the kit eliminated the speed wobble that I'd been facing for the last year or so. The extra clearance, flex, and room for 33" tires has definitely improved my offroad capability. Aesthetically, the new stance with the lift and tires looks great. Zone Offroad seems to have great customer service as well, they've been very prompt in responding to my emails. I'm very happy with this kit so far - it's fun on & offroad and I've gotten a lot of comments on the new ride!

No cons so far - I still need to put a lot more miles on the kit to know how durable it is, but the build quality seems great, everything looks sturdy, so I'm not too worried about it. Giving it an excellent for now because of how satisfied I am with the kit price, contents, and build quality, the only thing that would lower this in the future would be a lower durability than expected.

Approx. 500 miles on the kit at the time of this review, maybe 25 hrs offroad use. Will update on durability in a year or so.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last