Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Skyjacker - Transfer Case Drop Kit

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Skyjacker - Transfer Case Drop Kit Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Skyjacker - Transfer Case Drop Kit

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating: None

Product Information

MSRP: $43.99
Average Price: $43.99
Manufacturer: Skyjacker
Recommended?
Yes: 1 / No: 0
Company Website: http://skyjacker.com

Skyjacker Transfer Case Drop Kit for 97'-02' TJs with 2-2.5'' of lift.

Tags
skyjacker , transfer case

Login or Register to Add Review

Yellowhammer

Yellowhammer's Reviews
04-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Price: $43.99
Pros: These bars look better than pucks and they eliminated my vibes.
Cons: The supplied bolts are hex head (I DID NOT USE THEM)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have the RC 2.5'' kit and had no vibes until I added my spring spacers. These bars from Skyjacker fixed my problem and I have no vibes with 3.5'' inches of lift.

I got the kit for 2 - 2.5'' inches of lift because I knew I only needed a little drop. I probably could've used washers, but I'm happy with this kit. The bars are 1'' thick and they are sized and tapered specifically for the passenger and the drivers side.

Installation is fairly easy with a floor jack. You may have to do some wiggling to get the bolt holes to line up.

They come with stupid bolts with a tiny little hex head which I did not use. I used the big, lug-nut looking bolts supplied with the RC TC-drop pucks and I zipped them up with an impact.

A word of advice: This kit comes with a drop bracket for your shifter linkage. I would STRONGLY recommend going through your gears and shifting into 4WD before installing this bracket. It is a MAJOR pain to install this because of where it is. I installed this bracket (took forever with lots of blood and grunts) and then my Jeep would not shift into 4WD at all. I then had to take it off and put everything back to stock (took forever with lots of blood and grunts), and everything works perfect.

These bars could easily be made by someone with access to the materials and tools.

This kit solved my vibes and I am happy with it.