Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Skyjacker 4" Value flex with hydros

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Skyjacker 4" Value flex with hydros Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Skyjacker 4" Value flex with hydros

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $4,000.00
Average Price: $773.85
Manufacturer: Skyjacker
Recommended?
Yes: 35 / No: 3

My stock brake lines limit my flex right now, but I love my lift. The ride is of course a little rougher but I didn't buy my Jeep for its Cadillac ride.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Brn97CitronWran
Brn97CitronWran's Reviews
09-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Price: $100.00
Pros: rides great
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Gave me the height I was looking for. I would highly recommend to anyone

engine351

engine351's Reviews
07-31-2010, 06:13 PM
Price: $550.00
Pros: came with shocks
Cons: sways are not quick-disconnect
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed myself. The kit had all the basic stuff: coils, shocks, sway links (front and rear), rear track bar relocating bracket, dropped pitman, transfer case lowering kit. Good basic kit to build off.

JayHewitt
JayHewitt's Reviews
06-16-2010, 02:07 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: good flex
Cons: ruff ride on the street
Recommended? Yes

Comments: nice lift kit. kind of ruff on the road

cevetts3
cevetts3's Reviews
06-13-2010, 02:38 AM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: Looks good
Cons: Rides stiff
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Skyjacker looks good but rides stiff. I would suggest a long arm kit.

fang_x

fang_x's Reviews
04-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Price: $650.00
Pros: very good so far
Cons: none really, cheap and work well!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Pretty good, installation went well everything fit the way it was supposed to. much better then stock

crawler86
crawler86's Reviews
03-23-2010, 01:29 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: solid system w/ skyjacker's name
Cons: broke shocks a few times
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a descent lift for the price. It is great for starting out. I wish I just would have went long arm right away, but jeeping is a learning experience for all.

06gdneagle

06gdneagle's Reviews
01-20-2010, 02:05 PM
Price: $490.00
Pros: Great for Daily driver
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great daily driver lift. Pretty easy installation. Good ride. Haven't taken it off-road yet.

jpross81
jpross81's Reviews
10-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Price: $1,100.00
Pros: great ride, sturdy lower control arms. Amazing how well it handles on the highway with 4" or lift. I haven't tried RE so I couldn't make a comparison to the forum's favorite.
Cons: Don't use the drop pitman arm!!! It will give you mad bump steer. I replaced my stock pitman arm and it fixed it. A little stiff for my tastes. The hydros suck....can't afford to get ome nittros yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall I would recommend this product. People say that the only kit to get is rubicon express and that skyjacker just has a name brand. If it were up to me, I would replace the stiff springs for OME 4" springs and also get the ome nitros shocks. The lower control arms are stout! The johhny joint and heim joints are rumoured to last longer than the RE joints. Ofcourse what I got is great, but next step is adjustable front and rear track bars.

edit: 12/3/09...
it has been a little over a month since I have installed the product and wanted to say that up until this past weekend the ride has remained stiff. I have nitto dune grapplers class E rated tires and realized they should be aired down significantly. I went from about 35-38 psi to right around 30psi and the ride smoothed out a whole bunch! The ride is now tolerable.

Juicehead
Juicehead's Reviews
10-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Price: $1,050.00
Pros: Great Feel
Cons: Terrrible Instructions!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The instructions were awful for this product, but really, that is the only drawback I have noticed thus far.

bzoerb
bzoerb's Reviews
09-13-2009, 08:54 AM
Price: $529.00
Pros: Great Lift For the Price
Cons: You get what you pay for if I wanted more I would have paid for a more complete kit
Recommended? Yes

Comments: You get what you pay for if I wanted more I would have paid for a more complete kit

bojang
bojang's Reviews

03-20-2009, 03:02 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have the 5.5 inch kit. It was installed on the Jeep when I bought it. Noisy joints. I'm looking to replace either just the bushings/ends, whole arms, or just the whole thing. Seems to work well offroad, but I do really wish it had long arms on the uppers.

Jsplurge
Jsplurge's Reviews

02-03-2009, 09:39 PM
Price: $400.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: For the terrain we have in FL, which is more mud & trails than anything, it does well. A little stiff but still works.

MDOC111
MDOC111's Reviews

01-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Recommended? No

Comments: I bought this TJ used and it was already installed. I don't really like it because it squeaks all the time. I have crawled under it and sprayed each busing numerous times and I can't get it to stop. I guess I will have to start pieces one at a time until it stops!!!

draganov
draganov's Reviews

12-03-2008, 08:51 AM
Price: $650.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great lift so far have read that parts are prone to rust so I am clear coating everything during install.

ajbeachy
ajbeachy's Reviews

06-07-2008, 06:11 AM
Price: $900.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is one hell of a kit. It comes standard with everything including quick disconnects, and it offers enough clearance to do 37's if you have the right wheels, but I recommend sticking with 35's so you don't rub the well when you fully articulate.

jbjeepin

jbjeepin's Reviews

05-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Price: $1,200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great lift .The Hydro shocks work great which makes for a smoother ride even on rough terrain

Che-Rooke1
Che-Rooke1's Reviews

05-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Price: $4,000.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 6" not 4" very nice kit works well while crawling over rocks and ride very smooth on the pavement

jknolan4
jknolan4's Reviews

04-25-2008, 04:24 PM
Price: $1,300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It is perfect for my 35s for what I want to do. Does not include lower ACAs, as most in this price range do not, but I got them for an additional $250, if I remember correctly.

Page 2 of 2 1 2