Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Skyjacker 4" Value flex with hydros

Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Skyjacker 4" Value flex with hydros Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Skyjacker 4" Value flex with hydros

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $4,000.00
Average Price: $773.85
Manufacturer: Skyjacker
Recommended?
Yes: 35 / No: 3

My stock brake lines limit my flex right now, but I love my lift. The ride is of course a little rougher but I didn't buy my Jeep for its Cadillac ride.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

Weetay1
Weetay1's Reviews
03-19-2013, 07:59 PM
Price: $1,800.00
Pros: great height
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Price is really unknown, It came with the TJ when I bought it. Nevertheless, it love the lift and rides good.

Carlostjyerena
Carlostjyerena's Reviews
10-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Price: $827.99
Pros: Great upgrade great value
Cons: turns a little bit shacky
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great value

jnblkjp
jnblkjp's Reviews
02-18-2012, 08:00 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: easy to install
Cons: shackles should be included in kit
Recommended? Yes

Comments: .

sportwrangler97
sportwrangler97's Reviews
02-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Price: $440.00
Pros: Easy install came with everything I needed.
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This lift came with everything I needed to install it.

mrcoolpants69
mrcoolpants69's Reviews
01-30-2012, 08:32 AM
Price: $700.00
Pros: keeps the ride high no matter the terrain
Cons: its a very hard suspension.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i like my lift kit but what i found displeasing was that the kit didn't come with many replacement bolts so i had to go buy extras to lift my jeep because of rust damage. and i found that it was lacking some metal fittings that went into the bushings for my shocks. and the ones there were either too small or didn't fit the bushing. overall tho it was a good lift after the new bolts were purchased. i recommend you replace as many bolts as possible in that process anyways. especially with rust damage. you'll definitely profit from the investment.

prariepunk
prariepunk's Reviews
01-14-2012, 07:06 PM
Price: $540.00
Pros: 4" of Skyjacker lift
Cons: cheap control arms & too much drilling
Recommended? No

Comments: The best thing about the kit are the springs, everything else needs to be upgraded to take it off-road

CamJeep77
CamJeep77's Reviews
10-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: the price & seems to work for what I need. drives very well.
Cons: Sure it is not for the hradcore
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Jeep drives very well on the road. It worked well when i took it muddin.

DCJeepster
DCJeepster's Reviews
09-09-2011, 10:13 PM
Pros: Good lift for great price. easy install
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great lift, took a few days in the middle of winter in a non heated garage on jack stands. Only snag I hit was trying to get the stock pitman arm off. Broke 2 pitman arm pullers and finally cut the pitman off. lift wise I like the ride and added height the lift gave me. I have 33" tires but could easily fit 35" tires with only sacrificing a little articulation.

Cooltuck91
Cooltuck91's Reviews
07-23-2011, 10:31 AM
Pros: Easy to install and looks good
Cons: A little stiff
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The kit was easy to put in and looks good. It is a little stiff but will get the job done. I dont know what the other kits look like but the bump stops are way down on this one and if you are a serious crawler you might want to think about that. Other wise you get what you payed for. If you want a cheap lift that works well then i suggest it.

mty
mty's Reviews
05-09-2011, 01:33 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Not a rough ride at all, good for both the trails and the streets.
Cons: Installation is easier when not following the instructions step-by-step.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installation took some time due to some minor instructions being a little fuzzy. Overall a great lift once you have it installed.

kjc63

kjc63's Reviews
04-17-2011, 08:36 AM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Affordable, and a nice complete kit. Nice ride
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A nice entry level lift for someone who is not going to be doing heavy duty off roading.

Mafrin
Mafrin's Reviews
03-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Pros: Low price.
Cons: Lots of sag. Shocks come out of their housing. Stiff ride.
Recommended? No

Comments: I wish I would have spent the money and gone with something other than a discount lift. You get what you pay for.

fortin_84
fortin_84's Reviews

02-27-2011, 09:21 PM
Pros: Cheap Money, Nice Results..Mine fit 36" TSL's, No need for SYE
Cons: Crap Shocks, Mine Blew out after 1 month, Drill new holes for front track bar...horrible idea!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great Bang for buck, Gets the job done, wheels quite well, the fact that it doesnt come with front brake hoses is not a huge deal, I have wheeled/jumped fine without them(all though I am gonna get them because they do appear to stretch), Should come with a new track bar or some alternative method of redoing the front track bar, instructions tell you to drill a new hole, only for it to egg out in a month and cause serious DW and then you have to buy a new bar anyway.. I ordered RC upper x-series control arms because the SJ lift doesn't come with any and I bent all stock 4 uppers that the SJ lift uses.. Knowing what I know now, I would have bought the RC Xseries 6 inch for $1050(+all the SYE stuff)

TurboRubicon

TurboRubicon's Reviews
02-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Price: $0.01
Pros: Gets me bigger Tires Everything needed to get you in the air cheap
Cons: Too soft Clearance is not really addressed
Recommended? Yes

Comments: What can I say... It gets the job done. It is a single kit that gets the rig up and proper. Going cheap doesn't allow for luxuries, but the kit has everything you need to get 3-4" without a lot of headaches. Factory arms are still in use, and the Rubicon DS doesn't require an SYE.
In order to keep the DriveLine angles right, the Transmission is dropped an inch using spacers.
The Hydro 7000 shocks are very soft though, and the vehicle leans to the side with the slighest amount of more weight. The 7000's are also not really meant for such a lift.. They get the job done, but at the cost of limited reach, which isn't too much of an issue as it still has Short Control Arms.

All in All, for a budget boost, it's hard to beat, but if you're serious, get a proper kit. This will be replaced by an Nth Degree 4" lift in the future.

nnevala
nnevala's Reviews
01-31-2011, 01:14 PM
Pros: Looks Good
Cons: Ride is rough
Recommended? Yes

Comments: If I had to do it over I would go with Rubicon Lift kit.

CUTYA712
CUTYA712's Reviews
12-28-2010, 06:38 PM
Price: $550.00
Pros: Low price, everything you need almost. I say almost because longer brake hose's are required if you plan to wheel, or you can move your brackets down.
Cons: None yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Rides harder then stock but I didn't lift my Jeep for a better ride.

GruntMarine
GruntMarine's Reviews
12-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Works great
Cons: it's a little worn down but that's expected after what I do to it
Recommended? Yes

Comments: over all great

KDYORN

KDYORN's Reviews
12-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Price: $605.56
Pros: havent done anything but road driving since installed
Cons: idk yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: very easy installation... that was the price shipped to my door... took around 12 hours to install in a garage with just my dad and i...

mmaibachjr
mmaibachjr's Reviews
11-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Pros: Amazing kit. heavy duty, looks real nice, comes with all parts (except linkage relocation brackets which are only sometimes necessary ($150)
Cons: Comes with extra parts not necessary - extended pitman arm - screws up steering a bit and i got the old one put back on. 4WD linkages needed to be adjusted and fixed due to lift.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got this kit for dealer cost price, so it was an amazing deal. Came with everything. i mean everything.

I helped install this with an experienced installer and this was a project. A lot of parts needed to be torched and sprayed to get off, some cut, very difficult with a rusty vehicle. Be careful of rear upper shock bolts - they snap pretty easy. Guy that installed mine drilled a hole next to the snapped bolt and just impacted one in.... it eventually came loose and shock was laying on tailpipe. I had to take it to an EXCELLENT shop in New Egypt, NJ - No Excuses Jeeps. They plasma welded the shock onto the frame and fixed my linkages since the transfer case lowering kit screws up the angles - all for a great price.

Parts were easy to install after everything was off. Had to use spring compressor for the springs since they are so damn big.

This lift looks mad nice now that its on, my jeep is huge also looks more like a 5" lift and it handles great in the woods. Climbs like a champ, and romps like no other. i've climbed up some ****, and let me tell you this kit takes it.

My only suggestion is to make sure you get this installed by pros. Its not worth the headache to save a couple bucks, trust me. takes a lot of frustration and cash to get it 110% like it is now.

jeepsus
jeepsus's Reviews
09-13-2010, 04:36 PM
Price: $695.00
Pros: cheap and basic
Cons: basic...
Recommended? Yes

Comments: my recommendation is to keep your jeep as low as possible. this kit works well for a beginner kit. flexes well but long arms are eventually a must. on road is very harsh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »