Average Price $1051.1
Manufacturer SkyJacker
Recommended Yes: 20 / No: 2

4" lift with all needed parts

#2 ·
Price $800
Rating 3
Recommended yes

Comments: People bash skyjacker, but the kit does well for me. Beat on it hard and have yet to have anything fail me. Doesn't give the most flex, but it can take a good beating.

#9 ·
Price $800
Pros Great start-up lift. Fairly easy to install.
Cons Give yourself a LONG WEEKEND...8 years of Illinois winters.
Recommended yes

Comments: The lift kit did require a few specialty tools but you can get them from a parts store if you do not have them. Additional parts were about $75.(Broke shock nuts). Besides trying to break through 8 years of rust, it was fairly easy to install.

#10 ·
Price $0.01
Pros It clears tires?
Nothing Has broke yet.
Cons Bushing go soft fast
Poor articulation
Ride control feels loose
Recommended no

Comments: It's cheap, and makes the jeep taller. For on/off road you can do better at your local 4x4 parts lot.
The springs are not harsh, but sag fast.

#12 ·
Price $450
Pros it rides very smooth. handles well not alot of body roll.
Cons i dont have anything bad to say its a great kit for its price. It rides better than i thought it would.
Recommended yes

Comments: I would recommend this kit to anyone who is trying to get there jeep lift process started. Its great for beginners. The instructions were very informative. It is a very smooth ride and handles good. I recomend this lift kit for every day driving.

#13 ·
Price $600
Pros Easy to install. Has a nice ride on and off road. Gave me a full 4" of lift without settling over 4 months.
Cons Leans a lot in the corners on the street due to the 5 leaf packs. But its not a DD so it has been great for off road. The supplied U-bolts didn't fit well around the rear axle (D44), had to clean up and re-use the old ones.
Recommended yes

Comments: I'm sure some people will blast me for not going BDS or OME, but for the price and the fact that I am a casual off roader, the Skyjacker system fit the bill.

#14 ·
Price $9999
Pros Shackle reversal, no sideways flex.
Cons VERY stiff ride. No shims on the front axle to correct caster angle.
Recommended yes

Comments: My Jeep had the lift done already when I got it. It's rather a harsh ride on the road, but does quite well offroad. The stiff springs seem to limit flex to a degree, but they also limit the need for an anti sway bar for on-road use.

#19 ·
Price $540
Rating 4
Pros just about everything needed
Cons well it is an "economy" kit. but front disconnects would be nice and a front track bar or bracket.
Recommended no

Comments: pretty solid kit. just about everything needed. rear T bar bracket a lot easier to install and drill then it seemed. i installed it on a 04 rubi with 55k miles and definitely improved the ride.

Got a little death wobble even after correctly torquing everything.

they also dont tell you you have to remove your shift boot!!

ROUGHLY SEVEN MONTHS AFTER INSTALLING THE KIT AND TRYING EVERYTHING THE CONTROL ARMS ARE WHAT CAUSED THE JEEPS DW

Attachments

#21 ·
Price $475
Pros great ride and flex
Cons the drilling for trac bar
Recommended yes

Comments: This was a pretty easy install - took me two days and I'm 17 with little knowledge except for the extensive research here on JF. The t-case drop down kit came with the t-case shifter drop down bracket and I'm not sure if I didn't install it correctly or if its just a piece of crap but one of the nuts is preventing me from going all the way to 4lo. Also the drop down kit makes it harder to shift into second and reverse.
I wish i would have bought adjustable trac bars as well. I feel like the rear bracket is weak and the front hole that you drill is in a weak spot too. I'm no suspension engineer but it just looks that way to me. I have NO vibes but the shifting makes me want to get a SYE and CV that much faster.
Also after u get stock parts out, make sure to put CA's on before the new springs - makes lining up CAs alot easier. The instructions by SJ tell you otherwise. Also i didnt put the dropped pitman arm on and my geometry is fine and handles well.

#23 ·
Price $600
Pros Nice height, solid ride, can officially fit 35s, only going 33s tho..
Cons no instructions.. drop pitman arm, but no front track bar relocate..
Recommended yes

Comments: Pretty straight forward install, didn't come with any instructions, would've sucked if I didn't know what I was doing! HAHA!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.