Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Skyjacker 2" Budget Boost

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Skyjacker 2" Budget Boost Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Skyjacker 2" Budget Boost

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $300.00
Average Price: $202.02
Manufacturer: Skyjacker
Recommended?
Yes: 55 / No: 5

The 2" Spacer Lift Kits for '97-'06 Wranglers include front and rear urethane coil spring spacers, bump stop extensions and shocks. Allows up to 32"x11.5" tires if wheels have proper backspacing.

Image: http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Imag...9/23559-md.jpg

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last

JeepFarm
JeepFarm's Reviews
06-11-2013, 10:14 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Simple
Cons: Non
Recommended? Yes

Comments: For what wanted It worked perfect. A lift to set my Jeep up a little higher than stock and without any major modifications.

MountainGoat02
MountainGoat02's Reviews
02-28-2013, 03:16 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Cheap
Cons: Stock Springs
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This kit is good for the street if you want to perk your jeep up a bit and fit 31s. HOWEVER, off-road this kit isnt for you. If you have anything bigger than 29s the tires rub. This is because the stock springs are too soft and it flexes to easily. Even if you go offroading occasionally, Id recommend getting 2in lift springs and shocks. Its more expensive and firm but this is the heart and soul of the jeep after the motor. Spend the money and do it right.

RiverWolf
RiverWolf's Reviews
05-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Price: $276.00
Pros: Gives the Jeep enough lift to easily fit the 31x10.5/15R GY DuraTracs.
Cons: Installation instructions are competely worthless.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Its a good product for what it is, a budget boost. It provided enough clearance for the new GoodYear DuraTracs (31x10.5/15R) on my Ecco rims. I'm not in love with the red color glaring out from beneath the fender flares. If I had to do it again, I might go with the TeraFlex BB just because they're black. The installation instructions are not just worthless, they are marginally informative in some regards, and completely wrong in others. I don't see how anyone could get the coil springs out without disconnecting the sway bar (with the instructions stress in bold print to not disconnect), much less get them back in with 1.75" less space! A much better set of instructions can be found at: http://www.jeepfan.com/projects/installing-a-skyjacker-2-lift-on-a-tj/

05midnite
05midnite's Reviews
10-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: 2 inches higher is nice
Cons: shocks are white
Recommended? Yes

Comments: performs great and being that little bit higher is nice. only complaint is that the shocks dont come in any other color than white.

Jeepnation2011
Jeepnation2011's Reviews
07-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Pros: good for starter kit. ready to upgrade
Cons: shocks are not the best, but for the price there not bad
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good for someone on a budget. still running it with my 33"s but ready for upgrade. Not to bad of a kit though. It did come with the bracket for the 4x4 lever and is a must. had viberation in drive shaft and had to buy transfercase drop, which took care of it.

pkwon5
pkwon5's Reviews
06-01-2011, 01:55 AM
Pros: Easy to install and no problems what so ever.
Cons: Bad instructions but if you know what ur doing its easy.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Its cheap and a great starter lift to get bigger tires. Get a spring compressor because it helps a lot. Im running 32x12.5 pro comp mud tires and its still great. Installed in 2007

Wrangler30
Wrangler30's Reviews
05-20-2011, 06:24 AM
Price: $310.00
Pros: Great lift for the money.
Cons: If any cons, the spacers are bright red and you see them in the wheel wells, but that is it. no product issues.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This lift works for me. The Jeep is my DD and I may throw in a little off road here and there, so it helped improve the stance and let me slide 31s on with no issues.

I would recommend to anyone.

ShogunTJ04
ShogunTJ04's Reviews
04-29-2011, 12:11 AM
Price: $265.00
Pros: Easy install, Good shocks, great ride quality
Cons: Urethane spacers aren't really 2.00 inches, Actual height is 1.75in. Urethane bushings are really hard to insert in the shocks.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got this lift just so I could fit some cheapo tires I got from a friend. The kit installs easily in a few hours with hand tools and does its job. I can fit 33's without any rubbing on road, minimal off.

The shocks that came with it were Hydro 7000's and they seem to ride a lot better than the stock shocks, control and roadfeel is much smoother. I'd probably compare the ride quality to a Lincoln Towncar, floaty but not too bouncy. I'd recommend them to anyone who has worn out shocks or a stiff ride.

EndGame
EndGame's Reviews
04-16-2011, 10:23 AM
Pros: Red Awesome Instructions Ease of install
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: An awesome BB.. makes my WJ sit at a height it should be, without going higher and having to purchase more upgrades.

gtnutz
gtnutz's Reviews
03-09-2011, 10:31 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: cheap
Cons: its not a 4" lift
Recommended? Yes

Comments:
For the money and for the trails I run theres really nothing bad to say.

JeepTJMike
JeepTJMike's Reviews
03-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Price: $248.99
Pros: Went with Nitro Shocks
Cons: Garbage Instructions
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good stance. Download the Superlift instructions for install. Good kit for the price

rrmckinney

rrmckinney's Reviews
02-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Pros: Pro's are its a good suspention lift and I have been happy with it so far
Cons: Can't tell as of yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have gotten a 2" skyjacker suspention lift! I do not have any bad things to say about it and hope I don't.

RDaniel2405

TJ with JK Wheels
RDaniel2405's Reviews
12-27-2010, 12:56 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: nice easy set up. easy install
Cons: not big enough.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have installed these before for other people, but mine was on the jeep when i bought it.

Its a nice setup for weekend off roading with some 32's but a bit too small for me. I want a good 4'' short arm lift kit for my jeep.

torque
torque's Reviews
12-27-2010, 08:43 AM
Price: $0.01
Pros: looks
Cons: ?
Recommended? No

Comments: PO had a small skyjacker lift on the jeep when I got it, nothing too big as all the factory brake lines and things are still there. I am not sure that it was actually 2" or not but it is probably the smallest thing you can get with the skyjacker name on it.

tearlenb
tearlenb's Reviews
10-05-2010, 11:47 AM
Price: $240.00
Pros: cheap lift
Cons: not as easily installed as one would imagine.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This was a great cheap lift. The only difficulty was in trying to add the spacers without a coil compressor. Had to drop the whole axle to get the last one on.

slamin04
slamin04's Reviews

09-25-2010, 12:14 AM
Price: $267.00
Pros: great for the beginner
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i love the kit i ran a 33 12.5 for a while with very little rubbing

Emtpbill322

Emtpbill322's Reviews
09-18-2010, 03:08 PM
Price: $241.00
Pros: Mechanic took 3 hours to install.
Cons: I didn't have my jeep for 3 hours.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Came with coil spacers and Hydro shocks from skyjacker. The Shocks make the ride stiffer than stock, but not unbearable. So far i love the size of the lift i got. Not too much. But enough for when i have the bank to put 33's on.

jpin321
jpin321's Reviews

05-24-2010, 07:52 PM
Pros: Nice quick lift.
Cons: As usual installation difficulties.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good product installation was fairly easy. Do it one corner at a time and have some help. The bump stops are a huge pain to get back in. Put some bearing grease on em and they popped right back in.

Warning you will need to buy a track-bar relocation bracket or and adjustable track-bar, trust me after you price it you will buy the bracket. My jeep was dog tracking about an inch and a half.

Also I had some drive-line vibrations after the lift. From what I've heard not everyone experiences this.

I purchased to originally with the nitro shocks, wow those things are strong. So stiff I had trouble putting them on, and it took to people to get the front ones pulled out of the towers. Traded them for some hydros rides slightly stiffer than stock but feels good to me.

GTM
GTM's Reviews
02-23-2010, 03:58 PM
Price: $229.00
Pros: easy
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's really a Redi Lift not listed here. 2 in front 1 inch back

94xj4x4
94xj4x4's Reviews
02-07-2010, 11:34 PM
Price: $60.00