Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rusty's Offroad XJ Cherokee 3" Spring Pack Kit

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Rusty's Offroad XJ Cherokee 3" Spring Pack Kit Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rusty's Offroad XJ Cherokee 3" Spring Pack Kit

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $438.00
Average Price: $522.40
Manufacturer: Rusty's Offroad
Recommended?
Yes: 6 / No: 0

The Rusty's 3-inch XJ Suspension Kit has been one the most successful items we have developed. Our soft spring rates along with our specific valve shocks have put this kit above the rest. All of the Rusty's 3-inch kits will clear 31in. tires. Rusty's 300AL kit comes complete with front coils, full-length add-a-leafs, four Rusty's hydro shocks, a rear brake line extension bracket and complete instructions. The Rusty's 300SP has the same parts as the 300AL but with complete new rear springs. A new addition to the Rusty's suspension line is the 305STS kit. This kit comes with coil springs that have a 30-lb heavier spring rate and an overload spring on the rear leaf springs. If you have a large heavy bumper, a winch, and carry a lot of gear this may be the kit for you.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Larrathos
Larrathos's Reviews
06-15-2014, 02:20 PM
Price: $438.00
Pros: Easy install. Works Great.
Cons: Brake line extension wasn't very straight forward
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This was my first suspension install. I managed to get it done in two full days. The install went fairly smooth. The only things I would say gave me trouble were shoving the bushings into the shocks and extending the brake line. I ending up not installing the brake line extension and just cutting the stock bracket off and having my mechanic extending the hard line.

theducksguts

theducksguts's Reviews
09-15-2010, 09:16 AM
Price: $448.00
Pros: Full leaf packs, budget shocks, price point is really great for an entry level kit. Had everything I needed, easy to install on a rustbelt XJ.
Cons: Minimal vibes, no bump stop extensions or new control arms. Not the best shocks in the world.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: For me it came down to price. between Rusty's and IRO. In the end I just didn't think the IRO kit was $300 dollars better than the Rusty's kit and just couldn't justify spending the extra money for it.

You can upgrade the shocks on this kit to Bilsteins which I'm sure are worth it, but not for 400 dollars! I wish this kit came with some fixed length lower control arms to add strength. I have minimal vibes with the kit but it is really livable. I didn't need to replace or re-drill a hole for the track bar. The stock track bar fit just fine.

I have a T-Case drop. I might use it, I might just live with it. We shall see.

dlane2155
dlane2155's Reviews
03-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Pros: -Lift -Ground Clearance -Don't need too much other stuff to go with this.
Cons: Not the biggest lift you can get.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have not had any problems with this lift yet. It was on the XJ when I bought it. It seems to ride pretty good on the road even.

95cherokee95
95cherokee95's Reviews
04-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: "So far so good. It's been on a few weeks now and it looks great. No major issues with installation, except some minor mods to the lower shock bushing sleeve." JohnnyD423

i just received the 3 in spring pack for my xj and was wondering what modifications needed to be made to the lower shock bushing sleeve?

JohnnyD423
JohnnyD423's Reviews

03-29-2009, 09:54 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far so good. It's been on a few weeks now and it looks great. No major issues with installation, except some minor mods to the lower shock bushing sleeve.