Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rusty's Offroad 8" Long Travel Kit

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdGear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Rusty's Offroad 8" Long Travel Kit Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rusty's Offroad 8" Long Travel Kit

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,800.00
Average Price: $1,900.00
Manufacturer: Rusty's Offroad
Recommended?
Yes: 2 / No: 1

This kit is by far the best they offer. I upgraded from their 4.5" short arm lift and would never consider going back. It allows you to have more tires contacting the ground which it turn increases stability and grab. I thoroughly use this kit 4 days a week on average. I ride hard across dirt roads similar to Jeepspeed and it floats over ruts I never would have hit at 35mph. On slow rock crawls it flexes more than you would believe. We had the front tire over 45" off the ground without the opposite rear tire even considering coming off the ground. Probably had 5" more. Only problems I have seen are:

Larger beefier front coil springs are so beefy that when they compress they contact the pan hard bar bracket and it can make an awful noise. But it does nothing but take some paint off.

Rear leaf srpings do not seem to be the same lift height to match the front end. Maybe 1/2" lower right after I installed them. (6 1/2" leaf spring 1 1/2" shackles). But maybe that has something to do with Rusty's also referring to the coil springs as 8 1/2-9" on another page. So is it 8 1/2" in the front and 8" in the back? Seems that way to me.

Anyway I bought the high clearance arms. You at least get that option. I would highly suggest limiting straps to prevent your suspension from literally flexing the springs out. I did it and nothing really happened, but I feel better now that it has some control to it. They do not come with the kit.

This kit most importantly allows you to get you wheel base back to where it was. This way you get maximum stuff for that tire in the middle of the wheel well. As well as putting your control arms back to the horizontal placement they want to be at. Which in turn dramatically improves the ride.

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product _Code=RK-800LT-XJ&Category_Code=sus_xj_kit

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

AuburnZj
AuburnZj's Reviews
06-28-2010, 02:14 AM
Price: $2,000.00
Pros: Good quality parts, everything fit well. huge improvement over 3" coils and stock arms.
Cons: some of the hardware was low grade. Swaped it out for all grade eight nuts and bolts. Directions were of almost no help at all.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I am running their 5.5" coils and 1.5" spacers in the front and the ride quality is so much better over the factory arms with 3" coils and spacers. The directions were of no help at all, even though the install was self explanitory its nice to have good directions. The quality of the long arms was very good. Completly bolt on was nice. And the mounts for the long arms are plenty strong. Great customer service also.

thehunter012
thehunter012's Reviews
09-01-2009, 10:58 PM
Price: $1,900.00
Pros: Rides excellent. All bolt-on. Looks great.
Cons: Had to reuse lots of hardware. Some hardware not supplied.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: All equipment shipped together and very fast. Shocks were correct length and Tom Wood's Driveshaft & AA SYE Combo from Rusty's came with correct length driveshaft even when ordered before measurment. Easy installation, hardest part is cutting the holes on inside of frame rails for the crossmember support brackets if you dont have a plasma cutter. Had to order 1.75" Daystar coil spacers to even out lift height in front as leafs are very stiff to begin with.

Jeep_bones
Jeep_bones's Reviews

04-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Rusty's Offroad 8" Long Travel Kit
Price: $1,800.00
Recommended? No

Comments: I kept discovering missing parts and hardware throughout the install. The ride is nice on the pavement, but the whole thing bangs a lot offroad (binding/unbinding).