Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rubicon Express RE72X5 5.5" Extreme Duty Long Arm TJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Rubicon Express RE72X5 5.5" Extreme Duty Long Arm TJ Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rubicon Express RE72X5 5.5" Extreme Duty Long Arm TJ

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $12,500.00
Average Price: $3,347.59
Manufacturer: Rubicon Express
Recommended?
Yes: 40 / No: 1

The Rubicon 5.5" Extreme Duty Long Arm kit is the most advanced, best performing suspension system available for the TJ. Designed as a complete replacement suspension, the Extreme Duty kit maintains proper control arm and steering geometry for lifted TJ’s, improving the stability of the vehicle on and off road. Drivers will discover marked improvements in their vehicle’s road manners, returning a nearly stock ride to their modified Jeep™ and unmatched performance where the pavement ends

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »

02MoabTJ

02MoabTJ's Reviews

04-03-2014, 09:46 AM
Price: $2,988.00
Pros: Flex is great, supple ride on the hardball (road). 35's fit easily.
Cons: Rear suspension bottoms out on exhaust; maybe I'll have to cut that off in front of it.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: See you in Moab for 2014 Easter Jeep Safari!

Three years and all the problem we've had is a leaky steering stabilizer. Great kit!

YesYouCant
YesYouCant's Reviews
09-27-2013, 11:49 PM
Price: $3,500.00
Pros: Super flex
Cons: Sagging rear spring, Noisy parts
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A ton of travel is available. Mine has Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks. The Jeep seems to be able to go over anything in its path. It is quite noisy, however. Lots of squeaks, etc from the front. The rear springs have the typical problem of sagging on the passenger side. REX's solution is to swap them side to side. I'd rather see a better spring, perhaps sourced from another company.

markdeady
markdeady's Reviews
04-07-2012, 08:26 PM
Price: $3,700.00
Pros: flexes great, rides great. i will be putting some limiting straps on as soon as i can.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: as i said above, flexes great, rides great. i will be putting some limiting straps on as soon as i can. i would defiantly recommend this kit to every one.

camera-man
camera-man's Reviews
03-13-2011, 04:24 PM
Price: $13,900.00
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: this kit is built well and has the geometry you will want to max your flex but yet offer a nice soft ride.

larubie

larubie's Reviews
10-17-2010, 09:55 PM
Price: $1,800.00
Pros: NONE
Cons: Not enough space for them. This is a first class kit.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: You get what you pay for and this kit is no exception to the rule. RE states that you get 5.5" but after the install and 35" tires I was almost 10" higher and that is starting with a Rubicon suspension first (factory). The ride is great, the control is very good and in all this is the best kit out there (IMO that is). Spend the $$$ and get this kit.

JPIN4LYF
JPIN4LYF's Reviews

10-07-2010, 02:36 AM
Price: $3,200.00
Pros: Very strong, quiet, great flex and great pavement personality.
Cons: Break rear upper control arm bolts. tore control arm brackets off the axle tubes.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've been running the 5.5 on my TJ for 7 years. I run fabtech springs as the RE springs setteled in the rear pretty bad after 4 years. I have a tereflex High-steer kit in the front and it drives like a camry. haha
I would reccommend this kit to any TJ owner. It is also very great for a "bigger" platform.

maaghimself
maaghimself's Reviews
08-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Price: $2,800.00
Pros: Fairly Simple Installation Nice Skid Design Great flex
Cons: None so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very beefy kit. From the skid plate to the control arms, its heavy duty all around. It bolts into the frame in like 12 spots, so its not coming off. The skid isn't much of a belly up type deal, but it's real smooth, and it seems like it rose my driveline a little bit. Great ride on the road compared to my old 4" short arm kit.

autowelder
autowelder's Reviews
02-20-2010, 10:38 PM
Price: $2,500.00
Pros: Very flexible and great height. smooth ride. Parts Mike sales (the handler steering system that completes the lift Right.)
Cons: toe in and out when suspension travels up and down,under steer and over steer ( no steering system with kit or shocks, except drop pit man arm.)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very good lift kit, had every thing you needed. Doesn't drive bad, but needed the high steer, steering system installed to correct the under and over steer, do to the stock system design you have this problem even though it's not huge but noticeable when the big tires go on.

Thexonexkid

Thexonexkid's Reviews

01-28-2010, 06:39 PM
Pros: Good Travel, good articulation.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...2_283307_n.jpg

Amazing travel, I have an addition 1.25'' BL and tube fenders on 35s and can still stuff my tires. The best non-custom lift kit on the market for sure. O and triangulated suspension allows amaaaazing articulation.

oif03vet
oif03vet's Reviews
01-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Pros: Great Travel, better than stock ride characteristics, great fit and finish. Durable
Cons: Install was a little more time consuming than I was expecting.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought the kit because even though it was expensive, I was told by many friends that it is the best kit around, well tested and from a dependable, stable company. The install took me a while because I only worked on it a couple hours a day and could never find my tools or had to go to the store to get tools I didnt have. Being my first Jeep I wanted to take my time on it so I could understand the mechanics behind everything. My fist outing in the Jeep after the lift was installed was to John Bull Trail in Big Bear, CA which I have heard is one of if not the most difficult trail there. I did it with no problems. Even with the extra height, which is over the 5.5 inches they advertise by at least an inch, I had no major concerns of flipping even on my last trip to Glamis, CA. All and all it is a great suspension and I highly recommend it.

Edilson Fabre
Edilson Fabre's Reviews
10-12-2009, 09:30 AM
Price: $3,000.00
Pros: Better driving than stock suspension
Cons: Nothing until now
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Detailed instructions make the installation easier.
No big deal with the welding, only relocating rear shocks brackets, and front track bar.
Very good approach in the erosions.
I am very satisfied.

nelsonlandworks
nelsonlandworks's Reviews
07-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Pros: Great Flex
Cons: Stock wheelbase
Recommended? No

Comments: I recommend it, but would rather have built my own lift at this point!

jetter

jetter's Reviews

03-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Price: $2,300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Install was not difficult at all. The hardest part was cutting the factory control-arm brackets off the frame with a grinder and cut-off wheel.
The only improvement they could make to the kit would be shortening the threaded section of the front upper control-arms. They bottomed out before getting the castor set correctly.
The overall ride and handling improved dramatically over the previous RE 3.5" standard lift. Ride is just a little stiffer than a stock jeep. Get the castor set correctly and it handles like a car. The flex is incredible to say the least.

gatornut30

gatornut30's Reviews

03-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Came with the jeep and will not be able to try it out till I get to Germany in May.

jjeepnewb101
jjeepnewb101's Reviews
11-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: lol alright this seems to be the kit i want to purchace but like my name says im a newb when it comes to jeeps...and as i was looking at the kit it gave me the option of diffrent shocks...i have no idea what any of them are and was hopeing some one could tell me the best choice?
TJ/LJ 5.5" BILSTEIN LONG ARM
TJ/LJ 3.5"-5.5" DT3000 SHOCK
TJ/LJ 3.5"-5.5" OME SHOCK KIT
TJ/LJ 5.5"-7.5" RUBICON MONO
TJ/LJ 5.5"-7.5" RUBICON TWIN

snowcrash

snowcrash's Reviews

11-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Its AWESOME!! Love it, great on street and awesome on trails. Had their 3.5" and it was great as well. I would highly recommend Rubicon Express

CanadianCon
CanadianCon's Reviews

10-30-2008, 01:27 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This lift is sweet, My jeep rides nicer then when it was stock. I would use this lift on any jeep i own

Sccafire
Sccafire's Reviews

10-28-2008, 02:46 PM
Price: $2,300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great overall kit. I have had no issues at all with this kit. Company being local makes it even better.

Pionex311

Pionex311's Reviews

08-19-2008, 04:16 PM
Price: $2,700.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I really haven't had the chance to put this through it's paces yet, but with 31 1050 Cooper STT's, they have done excellently. Trust me, if you want flex, this is the way to go. I also bought the sye and chromoly tie rod with the kit too.

rkcrwln99
rkcrwln99's Reviews

07-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Price: $1,600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: THE BEST LONG ARM KIT BUILT ON THE MARKET, I UPGRADED THE SPRINGS TO 7.5. TO CLEAR 37S.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »