Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rubicon Express RE7204 4.5" Long Arm Kit

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Rubicon Express RE7204 4.5" Long Arm Kit Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rubicon Express RE7204 4.5" Long Arm Kit

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $5,200.00
Average Price: $2,661.00
Manufacturer: Rubicon Express
Recommended?
Yes: 12 / No: 0

Rubicon Express was the first to commercially offer a long arm suspension kit for the Jeep® TJ. Our Extreme-Duty™ long arm system broke with convention and set the industry standard by which all other kits have been measured. It is designed to be a complete suspension replacement, which utilizes longer control arms to improved lifted suspension geometry. This system will offer you superior stability on and off road, reduced torque roll, and enhancing trail traction over standard short arm lift kits.

The Rubicon Express long arm suspension system includes a three-piece belly pan for easy transfer case and transmission access and features Heavy Duty 4130 Chromoly control arms. The first is still the best, Our TJ Extreme-Duty™ long arm suspension system is the best performing and most technologically advanced kit of its kind. There is no better five-link long arm suspension system available for your TJ.

Note: Exhaust modifications are required.

Note: The installation of a slip yoke eliminator (SYE) and CV driveshaft on the stock NP231 transfer case is required. The Rubicon NP241 requires a CV yoke instead of an SYE.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Clarke2k

Clarke2k's Reviews
03-04-2014, 11:00 PM
Price: $2,000.00
Pros: Very nice and complete kit. Rides like a dream.
Cons: Not much up travel on the front. This is a very time consuming install.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: You get what you pay for. Heavy duty and very adjustable. Rides great haven't been off road yet

Don't like all the screws in the belly pan, don't like the front track bar location because it limits up travel.

DMC05TJ
DMC05TJ's Reviews
10-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Price: $2,800.00
Pros: Looks, highway handling, offroad stability
Cons: Price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Upgrading to the LA kit made driving the highway at 65-70 mph more pleasant and I was able to adjust caster to a better setting than with the SA kit. Slower speeds didn't provide any noticable difference on road. I haven't been able to truely test it out off-road on other than trails.

byersbm1
byersbm1's Reviews
02-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Price: $3,000.00
Pros: Plenty of clearance
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Plenty of clearance but effect gas mileage but thats expected

WileyRRE
WileyRRE's Reviews
06-09-2011, 08:05 AM
Price: $799.00
Pros: good solid lift
Cons: put you at you limit for SYE and Drive shaft
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

Fero
Fero's Reviews
01-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Price: $2,800.00
Pros: Super sexy, great look, rides well
Cons: No Cons as yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I havent used it on the trails much yet, still breaking in the new gears. I'll fill in more later.

davidkaiser05

davidkaiser05's Reviews
02-28-2010, 04:18 PM
Price: $2,200.00
Pros: Great price for a complete longarm kit.
Cons: Don't like the grey color the arms come in.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I haven't had a chance to test its offroad ability yet, but on the road it handles better than stock. The arms are very heavy and I don't think I could ever damage one on a rock. The kit does take a while to install, especially if you do it yourself. All in all it is probably the best longarm for the money.

Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper's Reviews

12-19-2009, 12:54 AM
Price: $2,700.00
Pros: Bolt on, flexes nice, better clearance, handles pretty good
Cons: bent arms playing around at the Hammers, broken weld playing in the dunes.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Have had this product under my jeep now for 6 years of some pretty hard wheeling so its held up pretty well considering that. I was disappointed that the arms bent at about year 4 and just recently one of the welds broke. If I could do it again I would probably look for something else.

Here's the broken weld, you can also see the bent arm.

BFD1012
BFD1012's Reviews
08-21-2009, 04:11 AM
Price: $2,839.95
Pros: Low Center of gravity, flex's great.
Cons: Expensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Does everything I ask with ease. Flexes great, climbs great. Rides better then stock on the road.

I swapped mine to the 3.5 lift springs and got a little over 4 inches of lift.

Libtekguy

Libtekguy's Reviews
07-17-2009, 11:14 PM
Price: $2,780.00
Pros: Flexy, stout, sexy
Cons: Price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Took me and my brother 3 whole days to install it. We also did an SYE kit too though. On the road: rides just as nice as a stock jeep. Off the road: kick's my buddy's 4" short arm kit all over the place.

AlexGeorgakis

AlexGeorgakis's Reviews

02-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Price: $2,213.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent flex but a little noisy when driving on gravel roads. Not as smooth as I expected it to be. Great handling on road though, better than stock.

nettak

nettak's Reviews

02-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Price: $5,200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love this lift. It's very stable on the road and handles my offroad adventures in the East Texas mud. I had a local shop install the lift along with a 1" body lift and 1" motor mount lift. Since I have a Rubicon, I didn't need the SYE but did get a CV driveshaft. I chose the RE monotube shocks. Of the total price, about $1000 went to labor.

rickw450
rickw450's Reviews

08-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Price: $2,600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great Lift Kit. The additional tire capacity, articulation and over all ability of the R.E. is awesome.