Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rubicon Express RE7000 4.5" Super Flex TJ

Huge Soft top SaleRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Rubicon Express RE7000 4.5" Super Flex TJ Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rubicon Express RE7000 4.5" Super Flex TJ

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $2,381.00
Average Price: $1,188.89
Manufacturer: Rubicon Express
Recommended?
Yes: 7 / No: 3

Complete Kit, upgradable with all adjustable control arm, adjustable track bars and RE Monotube shock.

Netted about 5.5" of lift initially after the install.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

60perry
60perry's Reviews
12-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: easy install
Cons: n/a
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This kit is great,it was a snap to install. The whole thing took about four hours including shocks (btw 6 way Pro Comps) Would recommend this kit highly.

chibucket
chibucket's Reviews
10-13-2012, 01:06 PM
Price: $1,499.00
Pros: came with SYE, and CV Driveshaft
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought From 4x4 groupbuy, Havent had the chance to install yet, But overall the most complete kit i found for the price.

maddox2338
maddox2338's Reviews
04-18-2012, 10:49 AM
Price: $2,200.00
Pros: easy install
Cons: noisy, front adj. track bar sucks(1600), should have come with the HD track bar, drop bracket and pitman arm. and should also include rear spring perch angle brackets
Recommended? No

Comments: Would not go with this lift again. too many untold modifications have to be made to make this system work correctly. spring height gives a little more than 4.5" of lift. looks cool as hell though. was a easy install aside from having to correct bolt sizes and such. would've just been nice to have the correct size hardware with the kit. and for the price of it, it should be expected!

rkwfxd
rkwfxd's Reviews

11-16-2011, 03:19 PM
Price: $1,499.00
Pros: Complete and fairly easy to install
Cons: STIFF
Recommended? No

Comments: I would have never purchased this kit for myself for two reasons. 1) I did not want to go over 3" of lift and 2) I have heard too many horror stories about the bushings.

Well, this kit was a gift so who was I to complain. Also, since RE went out of business and was purchased by 4WD Parts Warehouse the bushings have been completely re-designed.

The install was actually pretty easy/straight forward and all of the parts are very high quality. Between that and the SYE and DS it took me about 30 hours to complete. I upgraded to an RE adjustable rear track bar and I used a Moog TRE #ES2848LT on the front RE adjustable TB so that I would not have to drill the frame side mount. I am sure the larger bolt and heim joint that come with the front TB are stronger but I can always drill it out and use those if this TRE does not work.

I have only driven around the neighborhood so far and all I can say is this kit rides STIFF, ROUGH, HARD. When we finished the rear and lowered it off the jack, as soon as the tires touched the ground, the top of the jeep stopped also.

I have a friend with an old 5.5" long arm RE kit and his jeep is very smooth. Hopefully with some miles mine will soften up.

TJamie

TJamie's Reviews
06-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Good amount of lift, beefy components, flex joints
Cons: A little stiff
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got the control arms used off of craigslist, and then bought the rest of the components new. The springs are very stiff at first, you'll feel every bump. After 1k miles and the addition of bumpers, I believe they've softened up (or maybe I have). Done some minor wheeling, so far so good.

Update (3/2013): After 2.5 years, several Rubicon trips, Dusy Ershim and other misc wheeling this kit is doing well. IMHO it rides much better now, but that's hard to quantify. No sag, bushings are doing well, everything is in good shape. I'm very happy with this kit.

failure2stop
failure2stop's Reviews
05-21-2010, 12:41 AM
Price: $1,500.00
Pros: Better than stock on road great flex off road.
Cons: No con's Yet..
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I really enjoy this lift. it came with everything you will need.

Kris B Krunch
Kris B Krunch's Reviews
12-20-2009, 06:55 AM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: Good build quality of the control arms higher than advertised amount of lift achieved greasable flex joints
Cons: Stiff Springs Bushings wear out rather quick too much suspension lift for short arms
Recommended? No

Comments: I originally started out with the 3.5" kit, but since upgraded everything, including the coils over the last 5 years to the 4.5" kit.
I'll be swapping out the coils rather soon for some softer ones, as I did things a little backwards and just now realizing there are better riding short arm lifts out there....also will be dropping down to probably about 3" lift to help out with getting the control arm angles back down.

neZZr

Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk
neZZr's Reviews

03-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Rubicon Express RE7000 4.5" Super Flex TJ
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Rear frame-side control arm bushings wore out quickly, but were cheap and easily replaced. Otherwise an awesome performing suspension and very complete kit. Only thing I would do different, is go straight to long-arm.

Apex

Recon death squad
Apex's Reviews

02-26-2009, 12:18 AM
Rubicon Express RE7000 4.5
Price: $1.00
Pros: Flexes well
Cons: RE monotubes are kinda stiff on a light jeep...easily correctable with a winch in front and some armor in the rear
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like this kit, I ordered it though redrock4x4 and it came with an AA SYE and a TW driveshaft

I also upgraded to all adjustable control arms, adjustable track bars, shock relocators, HD rear track bar, RE Monotubes. So that is factored into the price as well.

Everything works fantastic, and this kit flexes very well. Gave me just under 5.5" of total lift