Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rubicon Express RE6200 5.5" XJ Extreme Duty

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTrick Tabs - NalinMFG.comECGS American Made Stub Shafts

Rubicon Express RE6200 5.5" XJ Extreme Duty Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rubicon Express RE6200 5.5" XJ Extreme Duty

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,600.00
Average Price: $1,277.36
Manufacturer: Rubicon Express
Recommended?
Yes: 15 / No: 0

With its 4-link design front suspension system, it can easily be turned into a trail dancer.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Xjmobbinncw
Xjmobbinncw's Reviews

01-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Price: $2,500.00
Pros: Flexs like no ones business, fits 35 perfect, smooth trail ride, quick disconnects make a good on and off road ride.
Cons: Rubs on long arm a little
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My xj has the same kit just with the 7.5 inch springs and 2.5 inch coils spacer in front and the bigger ford 8.8 in the rear leveled it out in the rear. I have the fender cut with fender flares for looks and it out flexs my wrangler friends with tube fenders and lift kits. Shes the only xj ive seen around my town that runs 35s looks good and Wheels like a champ this has got me in some place i didnt know i could go. I bought it with the lift on it and its been on it for 4-5 years before i got it and every thing still looks and operates awesome. I heard of other brands have bad hind joints after a couple of year but i just grease them when i think about it and i have no problems. Only con thats not even bad is it rubs on long arm a little but i still have awesome turn radius with 35. If i every buy another jeep its going to be rubicon no second thought.

LVLF4LO

LVLF4LO's Reviews
07-06-2010, 03:03 AM
Price: $1,500.00
Pros: Complete lift kit with drop brackets, great flex, good ride quality
Cons: Pricey, more noises from suspension that stock but thats expected due to heim joints/johnny joints and no more rubber bushings.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Install was a pain, like most all installs. Parts were all packaged nicely, and came in 2 big boxes. Parts finish looks really good and the welds were all clean. Kinda funny but it really rides like a "Jeep" now. The ride to me is nice and firm, I don't even have the front sway bar connected. It sits about an 1" higher than advertised by RE.

Spaz_Soldier
Spaz_Soldier's Reviews

08-14-2009, 12:57 AM
Price: $1,500.00
Pros: Everything
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great lift! Tough, smooth on the road, and TOUGH! Unlike some other lifts that are a suspension add-on, the Rubicon Express 5.5 Extreme Duty lift is a complete suspension REPLACEMENT. Using hardly any factory suspension parts, this lift provides everything you need for REAL off-roading. I highly recommend it if you have the money.

c-manxj

c-manxj's Reviews
07-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Price: $1,400.00
Pros: great install, great ride, tremendous improvement over stock, awesome ride
Cons: n/a
Recommended? Yes

Comments: a great complete kit

Spaz_Soldier
Spaz_Soldier's Reviews

02-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a damn strong lift. I've done some stupid stuff with it and it's held up through all of it. Also has no vibrations or odd sounds on road. It comes with everything you need. Great lift!

gistecknician
gistecknician's Reviews

10-30-2008, 09:00 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love this setup as you still retain your factory ride. Please have it professionally installed as you, and anyone riding in your vehicles lives depend on it.

jeep8675309
jeep8675309's Reviews

04-25-2008, 10:42 AM
Price: $1,200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great

MaddieXJ
MaddieXJ's Reviews

04-20-2008, 01:15 PM
Price: $800.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great Lift.

prlasher
prlasher's Reviews

04-15-2008, 04:58 PM
Price: $1.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Coming Soon...

jpoe
jpoe's Reviews

04-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Price: $1,600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I haven't had any other lifts to compare it to, but it is a very complete kit.
RE6200TT
Including RE TT shocks

Rural-Assault

Rural-Assault's Reviews

03-29-2008, 10:55 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great

RickBeer
RickBeer's Reviews

03-01-2008, 01:36 AM
Price: $1,100.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: should of went long arms

WAJeepster
WAJeepster's Reviews

12-14-2006, 03:57 PM
Price: $1,450.00
Pros: Easy Install, Great Flex, Great Ride
Cons: Springs sagged with Warn bumper
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed it myself in my garage when I was 17, that was three years ago. NO PROBLEMS. Handles and rides 10 times better than stock. Front springs sagged with warn bumper and winch but spacers fixed that. I would recommend this kit to anyone with a cherokee/comanche.

PhatJeeps
PhatJeeps's Reviews

08-04-2006, 09:54 PM
Pros: On or off road drivability is superb, quality parts and great customer service, easy install.
Cons: NONE
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Rubicon Express is top notch and they treat their customers with respect and dignity, regardless of their knowledge levels. I've installed two of these kits and they are easier to install the Hard Arm or the Pro Comps. Must better quality than most other lift kits and they last a lifetime. AAA+++!

gregmondro

gregmondro's Reviews

07-31-2006, 11:46 AM
Pros: Quality of the components, driveability after lift, ability to run 35s w/ trimming
Cons: price, drop bracket installation may be hard for some
Recommended? Yes

Comments: All around a great kit. I am able to run 35x12.5x15" BFG's with this lift with some trimming. The kit drives very well and uses quality components.

Almost all of the components with this kit that should include the ability to grease them have zerk grease fittings so you can do just that. The kit rides very well on the road even considering I am running without front or rear swaybars. The kit gives you tons of clearance offroad and will articulate with the best of them.

I highly recommend this product!

Pictures of the kit in action are available through my signature listed under my 99 XJ.