18K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  NickInTimeFilms 
#1 ·
Product Information
Price $1300
Rating 4
Average Price $1172.4
Manufacturer Rubicon Express
Recommended Yes: 11 / No: 0

Complete XJ suspension lift. It comes with all the parts and hardware you need.

#5 ·
Price $1200
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: Excellent kit. The parts are much beefier than stock. The installation was pretty straight forward. I was able to complete it in two days with minimal assistance from a friend.

#6 · (Edited)
Price $1300
Pros Complete Kit, strong tubular control arms.
Cons No real instructions or walk through. Alot of squeaks.
Recommended yes

Comments: Over all a good kit. On the high end of the price scale, but I got it with the regular mono tube shocks.

Some instructions or walk through would be appreciated, as I didn't really get too much direction about everything that was shipped to me. When replacing just about all of your suspension items it is also a great time of find out who your true friends are, as you will be calling on them alot.

Also installing an SYE that is required with this kit, (and sold separately) is really not that hard, and is one of the best ways you can get rid of drive line vibes. The SYE (adapter type SYE) with NEW RE drive shaft will run you roughly $500 so keep that in mind.
Secondly Rubicon Express also recommends 4 degree shims to be installed to angle the rear end upward, (depending on your year) to make it more inline with the drive shaft. Also sold separate.

NOW you can, as some others might say, go with a transfer case drop kit to make the drive shaft angle less severe, but i went for strength and pure manleyness.

Last it comes with front extended bumpstops, but the (usually) rotted ones in the rear are not mentioned. Im still looking into the proper length for mine.

Im sure there are better reviews out there, but there is my 2 cents. Will add more later.

#8 ·
Price $1049
Pros so far from what i have done with the kit i do like. just wish i got the long arm kit for it. which i plan to upgrade to
Cons should of came with the drop pitman arm
Recommended yes

Comments: i do recommend this lift for a xj if you are wanting to run small to medium tires. the kit allows you to flex pretty damn good

#9 ·
Price $1125
Rating 4
Pros -durable quality parts
-came with braided brake lines
-leafs have shown minimal sagging overtime
Cons -RE shock performance on and offroad
Recommended yes

Comments: I have had this suspension setup installed for roughly 20k miles now and i must say it is a performer offroad and a quality product for the price. My only grudge with the kit was the shocks. I personally didn't like the feel of them on the road and the dampening offroad. I replaced them with Fox 2.0s and its been smooth sailing offroad and on ever since.

#10 ·
Price $900
Pros Nice ride.
Cons leafs
Recommended yes

Comments: Easy to install, customer support is very helpful

#11 ·
Price $1600
Pros Lifted the heck out of my Jeep...laffs. Quality looks great. Company was very helpful. Got 6130 kit (4.5 inch)
Cons Track bar install a pain drilling out bracket to 5/8 inch. Took mine bracket off and took to a machine shop.
Recommended yes

Comments: I am a casual car DIYourselfer. With weather, broken, and seized huge bolts. I took me a month to do it. But that's not a reflection on the product, just the magnitude of the job for the casual newb. It lifted my jeep like crazy, pretty sure above 3.5 inches. Sturdy, complete kit. I would recommend it. The $1600 includes SYE and Driveshaft.

#12 ·
Price $1050
Pros Comes with everything you need to properly lift your XJ and help correct ride geometry. Includes Front Swaybar Quick-Discos. Allows you to choose your own shocks.
Cons The Trackbar spacer fittings didn't fit the supplied bolt so I had to pick up a 9/16" bolt.
Recommended yes

Comments: After comparing high and low for the best lift, I decided on doing it correctly and making a well invested purchase. The RE 4.5" Super-Flex was only a little more than the RE 3.5" Super-Ride and came with longer brake lines and adjustable Track bar so I figured why not. The installation went smoothly as I only broke 1 rear upper shock mount bolt that I drilled and tapped to the next size bigger. The front upper control arms took a bit a wrestling to get in but it lined up eventually. The Trackbar spacers didn't fit the included 5/8" bolt so instead of trying to drill an already small fitting, I decided to just get a 9/16" bolt. My stock track bar bracket was wobble out a little even after drilling so I will update if I have any clunking problems. I also ordered the RE MonoTube shocks and RE Steering Stabilizer just to match. The Monotubes feel very smooth and are absolutely worth the extra $100 after feeling my friends twin tube skyjackers. Overall I netted about 5" in the front and 5.5" in the Rear. An SYE is rather important if drive shaft vibes bother you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.