Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rubicon Express Budget boost

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Rubicon Express Budget boost Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rubicon Express Budget boost

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,000.00
Average Price: $264.95
Manufacturer: Rubicon Express
Recommended?
Yes: 88 / No: 7

2 inch Budget Boost produced by Rubicon Express. Includes 4 coil spacers, 4 shocks, and rear bumpstop extensions.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 > Last

peter7675
peter7675's Reviews

10-28-2014, 09:14 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: cheap
Cons: i got what i paid for
Recommended? No

Comments: both front shocks had to get changed after about 8K miles. I go offroading about once a month and within a couple of years i should not have to change the shocks with such low miles on them. both of them blew one right after the other. spend a bit more and get some quality shocks.

no warranty either with these

BlackJeep2013
BlackJeep2013's Reviews
01-29-2014, 07:14 PM
Price: $670.00
Pros: Easy Install. Looks better then stock
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very easy install.

DunmerBoy

Web Wheeler
DunmerBoy's Reviews
08-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Great value!
Cons: loses a little of its height
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a great piece of equipment for those that want their jeep to fit a little bigger tires and give them more of an ability to carry weight. i love the extra leaf spring.

Lockedown95
Lockedown95's Reviews
08-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Price: $260.00
Pros: Rides great
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was on a pretty tight budget being a high school kid and this was the lift I chose. It is a great quality lift for the price and it was exactly what I was looking for. If you're looking for something small but want the clearance for 32's I highly recommend this lift.

dsiegel5151
dsiegel5151's Reviews
04-26-2012, 09:26 PM
Pros: None
Cons: Doesn't level front rake
Recommended? No

Comments: I wanted to lift my Jeep for two reasons. More ground clearance and elimination of stock rake. These spacers only accomplished one (ground clearance). I also got a lot of drive-line vibration in the rear from the rear spacers. I traded out the rear spacers for 1inch spacers. This fixed my rake and got rid of the vibrations. I then went with ACOS up front to give me further adjustability in the future. In conclusion, I should have just gotten the daystar spacers, ACOS, and bought shocks separately. If you build a jeep, I suggest thinking about what you want first and doing research, or you will end up like me with stuff that you don't want.

conceitedjake
conceitedjake's Reviews
03-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Pros: Great price
Cons: Stiff shocks.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Really nothing outstanding , just some spacers and shocks. The shocks are a little stiff.

nibblesupreme

nibblesupreme's Reviews
01-26-2011, 10:09 PM
Pros: seem good
Cons: no complaints
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I haven't even made it back from Afghanistan to install it. Don't listen to me!

PatchesRig
PatchesRig's Reviews
10-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Pros: somewhat easy
Cons: Squeak and very noisy shocks
Recommended? No

Comments: Honestly, I'm happy with it. But unfortunately, I'm still investigating a squeak coming from my driver rear tire whenever I go over imperfections in the road and bumps. I tried everything, but no luck. I ordered a new set grease able sway bar bushings and end links.
The Rubicon shocks in my opinion are less quality then the OEM(Mopar) shock. Whenever I go over speed-bumps at 10mph, I can here the the shaft compressing into the shock body. Its pretty loud. Never heard that with the OEM shocks.
Also, I performed a few test; disconnected my shocks and the squeak was still there, which rules that out. Then, I disconnected my sway bar and no squeak, put it back on and squeak was there. I cleaned my OEM bushings/end links and greased them, and the squeak quieted down a little. So, I took it upon myself to order new bushings and end links. Amazing with 47,000 miles on them then can go bad...

Schoolyards
Schoolyards's Reviews

09-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Pros: Good Entry Level Lift, Works
Cons: You will want more!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I put the Rubicon budget lift on my XJ before going to the 4 1/2 inch set-up. While I am no expert, I can review this from my experience while it was on my Cherokee. After the install it will sit a little high in the rear (Stinkbug). The tire size they say you can run is false without some trimming or cutting. I don't know if it will settle in on the rear as I only had it on for about 6 months. It rode well while I used it on the road and performed well off road. I thought the quality was good. The advantage of this lift is you do not need a SYE or need to adjust the angle of your drive line. I know someone who used this lift and installed lockers and his rig is very capable. Depending on what you plan to do, this is a nice way to get into the game. While I had it on, I had zero complaints. I just wanted a bit more and am now seeking advice on this forum to continue with my build.

The bottom line-It is what it is and it works well. Buy it with confidence!

inflatus

inflatus's Reviews
05-02-2010, 02:30 AM
Pros: Low price. Ease of install.
Cons: Shocks are not top notch.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I am kind of torn with this product. It is surely a good jump off point for those on a budget or are a little timid about working on the Jeep. This product will enable you to get your feet wet in upgrades or repairs.
I would recommend getting a coil spring compressor. Getting the springs back on for me were a little difficult on my 98 TJ. As with the removal of anything stock use some sort of penetrating oil to aid in removal of bolts. There is a link in the FAQ about the installation of the RE BB; use it.
This install took me about 3 hours. Toss the included instructions, they suck.
If your are are not on a budget I recommend that you get the mono shocks for the kit.
Make sure you check alignment when finished.

roughknight69

roughknight69's Reviews
04-13-2010, 01:58 AM
Pros: gets the job done
Cons: only temporary
Recommended? Yes

Comments: jeepppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

jloo88

jloo88's Reviews
04-10-2010, 02:16 AM
Price: $240.00
Pros: Simple Installation. try to have a coil suppressor. shocks look cool, lift looks good..
Cons: none that i know of..
Recommended? Yes

Comments: try to have a coil suppressor. if not, pain in the butt to put back on coils. shocks look cool, lift looks good..

Flyboy161

Flyboy161's Reviews

03-01-2010, 10:48 PM
Price: $239.00
Pros: Easy to install with basic tools and a really big floor jack. Oh yeah and it is def inexpensive.
Cons: The shock bushing sleeves. Holy CRAP!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is my second BB from Rubicon Express. My first was a painless install on a '95 Jeep XJ. This time it was equally painless on my '04 TJ. It definetely improves the appearance of the Jeep.
A little axle grease on the bumpstops makes it easy to re-install them. Read the directions twice before you start. The wording is a little tricky if you are a speed reader like me, but once you go through it twice...piece of cake. The bump stop spacers go in the back. Not the front as I thought. I disconnected my front track bar at the axle to get more droop. Made it easy to get the springs in and out.
Alignment was off when I got done so I adjusted the toe in and now it rides better than before! Good entry level kit for those on a budget (like me!)

Red91xj26

Red91xj26's Reviews
01-31-2010, 05:39 PM
Price: $269.99
Pros: Cheap and easy to install. better ride quality
Cons: its only 2 inches
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have cut fenders so I can fit 33 inch tires no problem so I think its great. I'll probably lift it another inch or so later on

_Trucker

'Bigger Member'
_Trucker's Reviews
01-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Price: $247.99
Pros: resonably priced
Cons: poor shocks
Recommended? No

Comments: i have had my RE BB for a little over 2 years now,and have had no problems with spring sag front or rear,but have had to replace the supplied front shocks 3 times,first time they blew in a little over 3 months,second time they blew after 6 months.now i have replaced with a different brand of shock.all in all in my opinion,you are better off to buy the springs and leaf pack seperate,and buy a good quality shock set instead of the whole kit.

Ensiferum

Ensiferum's Reviews
12-30-2009, 10:25 AM
Price: $240.00
Pros: Cheap, quick install for 2"
Cons: Rougher ride with supplied twin-tube shocks.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Cheap starting lift

josiah3205
josiah3205's Reviews
12-15-2009, 02:11 AM
Pros: Inexpensive, looks great, easy install
Cons: No U-bolts or spring clamps, you will want to go bigger
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this kit from Jeepin Outfitters. They are great to deal with. The kit itself was pretty complete and included brake lines, shocks, aal, and coil spacers. The installation was very straight forward and the quality of parts were good. The ride is slightly stiffer than stock but not uncomfortable (no worse than any 80s or 90s truck). After 2 years the aal is starting to sag a little (definitely ask for the long aal. I got the mid and have regretted it even though its not horrible). Just make sure to get an alignment after installing any lift and be prepared for the fact you will want to go bigger after you see how good this looks.

theducksguts

theducksguts's Reviews
11-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Price: $210.00
Pros: Cheap upgrade to fit larger tires.
Cons: Rough ride, shocks that came with it are not great
Recommended? No

Comments: Although the RE Budget Boost served me well the ride has been really bad. I am planning on going to a full spring lift with adjustable arms and track bars. I believe this kit would be greatly improved if the installer added some OME shocks, and track bar adjust brackets.

TINTINUAE
TINTINUAE's Reviews
10-01-2009, 02:55 AM
Price: $239.99
Pros: Gave a stiffer ride over stock shocks and adequate lift
Cons: Can't think of any worth mentioning
Recommended? Yes

Comments: For what it is, it does teh job. It can only ride as smooth as the shocks/springs on your ride so if the springs are on their way out it is better to get a full system. For a quick, cheap 2" lift it is perfect.

rsoby
rsoby's Reviews

09-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Price: $229.00
Pros: Easy install Great "bang for the buck"
Cons: Ordered from Quadratec and the kit is dropshipped from RE. It takes 2 weeks.
Recommended? No

Comments: We found the instructions online from a few different places and did some reading. A week ahead of time we PB Blasted all the nuts and bolts thet needed to be removed. The entire install was very easy. It took us 2 hours from start to finish. We are both handy but never installed one before. You do not need a spring compressor to do this but we used a jack to jack up the opposite side of the jeep. I would buy new hardware ahead of time. We had to run out on labor day to buy 2 new bolts that we broke.

For someone looking to upgrade to 31's this is a perfect kit.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 > Last