Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rubicon Express 4" standard kit YJ

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Rubicon Express 4" standard kit YJ Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rubicon Express 4" standard kit YJ

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,200.00
Average Price: $678.09
Manufacturer: Rubicon Express
Recommended?
Yes: 23 / No: 0

4" stndard lift kit for YJ

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

Bottle_Diver
Bottle_Diver's Reviews
03-15-2013, 02:47 AM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Great springs
Cons: None I can think of
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is my first lift and despite not being able to compare it to others I like the RE 4"

Benzfrd
Benzfrd's Reviews
02-21-2013, 12:59 PM
Price: $845.00
Pros: Alot of lift
Cons: Instruction were half ass
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The lift was fairly easy to install but the directions needed more and I think the part could have been made to fit better. Some pieces needed moding and or new things added

Curlnizzle
Curlnizzle's Reviews
09-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Price: $819.99
Pros: Fairly easy to install. Havn't had long enough to see how it flex's and holds up.
Cons: Doesn't come with all new hardware. You have to reuse alot of the bolts that are on the jeep already.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Took me 3 days to install at about 8 hours a day. This was just me and one other person with all hand tools and nothing to lift the jeep up with other than a tiny jack, small jack stands and 2 cinder blocks. It came with everything that you need. I love the sway bar disconnects, they are extremely easy to take on and off. I hated how alot of it didn't come with new hardware (nuts and bolts). I had to reuse alot of nuts and bolts. The stock screw that holds on the sway bars will mash the bushing bad and cut it. I had to make a trip to lowes to buy a bolt and washer to get around this. The break line extensions it comes with make you disconnect the previously used bracket (in itself is a nightmare due to screw location) and doesn't come with another one. So you'll have to fabricate your own or screw it into somewhere else.

PTJeep4
PTJeep4's Reviews
04-04-2012, 12:24 AM
Price: $650.00
Pros: Great ground clearance on a budget.
Cons: I know jeeps are rough, this suspension is true to that!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: .

ArmyVet717
ArmyVet717's Reviews
08-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Nice solid coils!
Cons: Non
Recommended? Yes

Comments: What can I say. They were free and they gave me a good lift!

Lusty
Lusty's Reviews
10-20-2010, 12:00 AM
Pros: good ride and flex
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Kits is a combination of rubicon coils and pro comp shocks but seems great so far for hunting and exploring.

yoda604
yoda604's Reviews
04-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: It's lifted
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Came with the jeep. what else can I say, but it's lifted and I like it.

LaughingStock
LaughingStock's Reviews

11-04-2009, 03:20 PM
Price: $720.00
Pros: Ride quality gives solid feedback to the driver without being harsh.
Cons: Installation instructions leave a lot to be desired if someone is new to doing their own work. Requires re-use of much of the old hardware.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall, this system is well worth the money. It is definitely a budget minded lift in that it requires the re-use of much of the old hardware. That being said, it includes all the high-wear essentials like bushings and even some higher end perks like a stainless steel brake line extension and spring eyes with military wrap.
The ride is great by my standards, but I like a solid feeling suspension. It provides very good feedback to the driver and reduces a lot of the "buckboard" feel that is inherent to fully leaf sprung vehicles.
While a slip yoke eliminator kit is listed by Rubicon Express as optional for this kit, I would highly recommend planning on doing one as soon as possible after lifting your vehicle.
All in all having the opportunity to do it over again, I would still purchase this kit.

Youngelliott
Youngelliott's Reviews
11-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Price: $819.99
Pros: It looks great
Cons: Very Stiff
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I am not an experienced off trail driver. So I am not quite sure how my suspension should ride.

Tallanasty
Tallanasty's Reviews
09-28-2009, 06:54 PM
Price: $650.00
Pros: More than 4" of total lift, great flex so far
Cons: Took a while to break in
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Rubicon Express did a great job with this lift. It is the most complete kit for the price. It started off with a very stiff ride, but has since gotten more comfortable.

rodneyt
rodneyt's Reviews
06-02-2009, 11:57 PM
Pros: great for the average joe
Cons: i want bigger
Recommended? Yes

Comments: not realy sure about it it came with it when i got it.looks good handles great

longboardtim
longboardtim's Reviews

01-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Price: $600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent kit, very flexible and rides great on the road. The kit was very easy to install.

letitloose06

letitloose06's Reviews

01-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Price: $750.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great lift kit. Rides a little rough, but that is to be expected with leaf springs and a short wheelbase. Easy to install, very complete kit.

gfortier
gfortier's Reviews

11-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Price: $1,200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: everything was great the lift looks fantastic. i had problems with my front brake line extensions they are hard line extensions and my old lines were rusted to crap. so i had to replace all the new lines and purchased sky jacker soft line extensions for 200$. the other problem i had was for the rear leafs maybe the stock shackles were'nt long enough but i had to slightly compress the springs to have them fit in. as well as the rear shocks i had to fabricate new bottom mounting brakets for the shocks as the old bracket would not allow my shocks to fit cause the axle was in the way

joe's_yj

joe's_yj's Reviews

09-16-2008, 09:16 PM
Price: $700.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: bouncy, crappy shocks rust fast. needs separate spring rates for front and rear

SEZARO21
SEZARO21's Reviews

08-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Price: $540.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This lift is great. The 4" lift actually netted me 6" of lift. The springs ride smooth and reallt flex out on the trails.

jeepmanfabz
jeepmanfabz's Reviews

07-28-2008, 03:57 AM
Price: $500.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Front flex is decent. Love the rear flex though. Probably should've went with the 4.5 Xtreme duty.

93jeepREDSOX

93jeepREDSOX's Reviews

07-19-2008, 01:40 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Gave me room to put 33's, though the directions could have been better. Netted me more than four inches of lift also.

1993yjrenegade
1993yjrenegade's Reviews

05-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Price: $750.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I need not boast about these springs. These have the best ride money can buy.

bwknight04
bwknight04's Reviews

05-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Quick and easy to install. Complete instructions. Rides great and good flex.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »