Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rubicon Express 4.5" SuperFlex RE7000

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Rubicon Express 4.5" SuperFlex RE7000 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rubicon Express 4.5" SuperFlex RE7000

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

Average Price: $1,369.50
Manufacturer: Rubicon Express 4.5" SuperFlex
Recommended?
Yes: 17 / No: 1

The RE7000 TJ/LJ 4.5-Inch Super-Flex™ suspension System is the ultimate suspension system for the TJ or LJ running the factory short arm suspension geometry. The RE7000 Super-Flex™ is a complete suspension system, that features new control arms with our Super-Flex™ spherical ball joints, adjustable front track bar, replacement 4.5-inch lift springs, extended bump stops, longer front brake lines, and Gen II sway bar disconnects.
Limited Lifetime Warranty.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

cdumlauf
cdumlauf's Reviews
09-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Price: $1,100.00
Pros: unbelievable amounts of flex. very heavy duty. installed it myself, very easy for the mechanically savvy.
Cons: there really are none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed this kit myself. Every part and every piece of hardware is top of the line quality. What i think sets it apart from most lift kits, is that it came with all four control arms, and an adjustable track bar. the top control arms are also adjustable. I was always told to get the best shocks that come with the kit, so i got the Rubicon Express mono tubes. Which are actually Bilstein shocks painted silver in the Rubicon Express box. I also got the full set of rear leaf springs and extended shackles, i highly recommend that set up. I have seen amazing flex with this kit. It is perfect on my Cherokee, because it handles superbly on the rocks, and still rides great on the street. I do not have an SYE or CV shaft, just the T-case drop that comes with the kit, and get zero drive line vibration, with 31" tires.

Ahendo
Ahendo's Reviews
07-22-2012, 09:15 PM
Price: $1,700.00
Pros: Nice ride, quality components.
Cons: Squeaks during flex sometimes...even after a fresh lube.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Kit arrived via a freight shipper, and all components arrived together. No shipping damage evident upon opening all the boxes. The install was straight-forward, and the directions seemed to be clear for a first-timer. (I threw them to the side and did the install man-style.) The lift has held up well, and no signs of wear. Drive ability is second to none. I purchased the 4.5 kit with 3.5 springs, wish I would have stuck with the 4.5 springs. Not a deal breaker though, and the upgrade is inexpensive. If you want a great product, this lift is for you. The folks at 4x4groupbuy made the purchase painless.

NickJames98TJ
NickJames98TJ's Reviews
07-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Price: $2,500.00
Pros: adjustable upper and lower control arms, quick disconnect sway bar links, easy install
Cons: didnt come with a rear track bar
Recommended? Yes

Comments: it was an easy install i had a problem with the rear track bar. the kit came with a relocation bracket to just the rear stock track bar the axle pulled to the right side too much and i could get it centered. i purchased a RE adjustable one and it was fixed.

NizmoTJ
NizmoTJ's Reviews
06-23-2012, 04:19 AM
Price: $1,500.00
Pros: adjustable upper arms. nice flex decent overall kit for the price. Really nice on-road ride with bilsteins 5100's and 3.5" springs on 4.5 kit.
Cons: RE link ends seem to always need grease. Springs did not last long but that could be from my type of use. Shocks suck.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good kit for the money. My kit was on the jeep when I bought it. If I was doing it from scratch I would of got the Currie kit. The johnny joints are a much better design then the RE ends. For the money it is a good complete kit, not a great one. Then again, it probably flexs just as good as any other short arm kit. Recently replaced the 3.5" RE springs with 4" Currie springs.

jeep4life88
jeep4life88's Reviews
02-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Price: $2,000.00
Pros: Durable and reliable, best suspensioned owned
Cons: expensive but your get what you pay for
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Full 4.5" suspension with a front and rear adjustable track bars. Full traction slip yoke eliminator and extended drive shaft. Bilstein shocks

jeep117
jeep117's Reviews
12-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Price: $1,800.00
Pros: great flex
Cons: stiff on street, bushings wear out quick
Recommended? Yes

Comments: pieced this kit together a little at a time, and has operated very well

Barbarian

Barbarian's Reviews
10-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Price: $1,400.00
Pros: Better ride than stock. sway bar disconects are simple and easy. doesnt ride like a tank. Very practical, yet effecient.
Cons: instal looked a little hard for my mechanical knowledge, had to take it to the offroad place and pay them a extra 600 to do it. but it only took them 10 hours so it cant be to hard.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: a very practical kit for some one who do both on and off road extremes like myself. can drive it 200 miles no problem, and can climb or crawl where you need it. great kit.

IrishLillard

IrishLillard's Reviews

08-27-2010, 12:19 AM
Pros: .....
Cons: rubicon express bushings
Recommended? No

Comments: Beside's replacing the Bushing's 4x it ok... Ive wrote several emails and not one responce...

glockster

Web Wheeler
glockster's Reviews
07-26-2010, 10:05 PM
Price: $1,100.00
Pros: very complete kit at a competitive price. Control arms constructed of chromoly, not the typical DOM tubing. Nice powdercoat finish.
Cons: The original bushings sucked. Replaced with the latest bushings offered 6/2010 and no problems yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have nothing derogatory to say about this lift. It has performed as expected, has great articulation, rides well, powdercoating has held up well and the RE monotube shocks are excellent.

I would have rated this product "excellent" had it not been for the rubber bushing problem. My only other complaint is the moaning and groaning this lift makes when articulating to it's extremes. It can be a little unsettling at time.

For the price I paid I am very happy with the lift, when the bushing issue is finally put to rest this will be an outstanding value.

9/2010 update - replaced Rubicon Express with Currie 4".

JeepMan95ZJ
JeepMan95ZJ's Reviews
05-23-2010, 08:07 PM
Price: $1,300.00
Pros: Everything
Cons: Took a while to instal
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

nsouza

nsouza's Reviews
02-19-2010, 12:11 AM
Price: $1,600.00
Pros: Great flex. Solid build. Lots of web information for this product. 4.5" will get you 5".
Cons: Need extra items to finish install (rear tracking bar). Not the best instructions.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Sketchy instructions. Great flex.

unsung

unsung's Reviews
12-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: na
Cons: na
Recommended? Yes

Comments: na nananananananananananannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Instigator0812
Instigator0812's Reviews
11-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Pros: Flexes Awesome for a short arm kit, adjustable arms help with angles. Joints are serviceable. Handles well If installed properly.
Cons: Rear control arm bushings crap themselves left and right, and the Track Bar screams bloody murder sometimes.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I Purchased this kit from REDROCK4x4.com over the summer because they offered a package deal with a steal on shocks and upgrade options throughout the kit, and the coice of ordering a tom woods driveshaft with it all. I was very pleased with everything, it was packaged and labeled well and nothing was missing. The kit rides at least an inch high, I clear 35/12.50s without any body lift, and have minimal rubbing when it is completely stuffed except for some control arm rubbing at full Lock in the steering. The kit flexes unbelievably well when you disconnect the sway bar. I am very impressed with the overall quality of the kit also. The only downside is the rear control arm bushings seem to take a beating and I am waiting for them to fall completely apart. The Trac bar that comes with the kit is a nice upgrade from stock, but still very much limits flex, as well as the joint in it screams bloody murder sometimes. I would strongly recommend a superflex one. Overall GREAT KIT if you don't have three grand for Long arms and want to run 33s or 35s.

MrVegas

MrVegas's Reviews
11-01-2009, 10:11 PM
Pros: Awesome trail performance.
Cons: A bit of a rough ride on the road. Switching to the long arm improves road manners. I'm told.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very happy with my set up. This suspension does awesome off road. Performance and durability. On road is a bit rough but I'm told switching to a long arm will greatly improve the ride on the road. RE makes is easy to upgrade from lift kits.

wilco12rs
wilco12rs's Reviews
10-17-2009, 01:19 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: craigslist deal
Cons: nothing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: awsome ride great in the rocks smooth on the trail gives when needed stiff where needed.

drozd_ws6
drozd_ws6's Reviews
09-29-2009, 11:54 PM
Pros: flex
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good kit. you could do better but not in this price range

BigRich26
BigRich26's Reviews
08-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: Great product.
Cons: Only complaint is the sway bar's are a pain to disconnect.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My Jeep's a daily driver, so I swapped out the 4.5" springs for 3.5" ones and I didn't have to upgrade my driveshaft or install a SYE.

N2SPD

N2SPD's Reviews
06-06-2009, 03:38 AM
Price: $1,150.00
Pros: Adjustable controll arms
Cons: No adjustable rear track bar.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far so good. Went with 3.5 springs. Clears 35" tires with 1.25 BL added at same time. Easy install.