Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rubicon Express 3.5" Super Flex TJ

Zone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Rubicon Express 3.5" Super Flex TJ Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rubicon Express 3.5" Super Flex TJ

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,500.00
Average Price: $799.46
Manufacturer: Rubicon Express
Recommended?
Yes: 83 / No: 4

RE7002 3.5" Standard Kit TJ/LJ - The Standard kit is a perfect entry for those looking to run 33" tires on a smaller budget. The 3.5" Standard kit includes springs, and bump stops, but maintains stock control arms and track bars. On and off road performance of this kit is excellent and is easily upgradeable to the Super-Flex kit by adding our control arms and other Super-Flex components.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 > Last

famousstar1026

famousstar1026's Reviews
02-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Price: $827.00
Pros: looks clean easy install
Cons: does not come with upper control arms bushing are iffy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: recommened

TennesseeTJ02

TennesseeTJ02's Reviews
02-02-2010, 03:01 AM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: Its a great lift with a lot of flex.
Cons: the quick disconnects squeak after awhile but just WD-40 them.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The lift is a great lift for the price. It has a lot of flex.

sar50
sar50's Reviews
12-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Good design, easy install, modular, lots of flex
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchase this from Groupbuy4x4 with shocks good deal & good service

HamBone5187
HamBone5187's Reviews
12-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Pros: Not a bad ride. I installed it and then they gated my 4-wheeling spot and posted it, so I haven't been able to try it out.
Cons: 
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

JVRuby

JVRuby's Reviews
12-10-2009, 04:00 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Nice height, firm ride, complete kit
Cons: No upper control arms or front track bar included.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Complete kit. Installed the kit by myself in about 6 hours. I purchased the twin tube shocks and would probably go with monotube if I had to do it again.
Installation was pretty straightforward, following the RE instructions. I would recommend adj. upper control arms and front track bar to ease/correct alignment and pinion angles.
Very solid lift for the $$.

jerzyjeep09

jerzyjeep09's Reviews
11-19-2009, 01:10 PM
Price: $900.00
Pros: It gave me the Clearance and look I wanted
Cons: Price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The kit is new and I wasnt sure how it would go. I bought the Rubicon Express 3.5 lift kit and Rubicon Mono-Tube shocks. The install was easy, and the ride stayed about the same, just a little stiffer than stock. Im real happy that I spent the extra money and went with this lift. I also keep in mind that this kit is engineered to be easily up-graded to a Super-Flex system. Overall it gave me the clearance I needed and the look I wanted.

mattiacono
mattiacono's Reviews

11-18-2009, 07:20 PM
Price: $820.00
Pros: rides great on the streets, flex is amazing and reasonably priced compared to others
Cons: no problems yet just be sure not to skimp out on shocks
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i would recommend this kit to anyone who is looking to run 33's on a smaller budget. the flex on this kit is amazing and the ride is close to stock. i have had it for almost a year and have no squeaks or problems. i installed a sye and cv along with it so i wouldn't have to worry about vibrations. if i had to do it all over again i would buy this kit again.

evan1395
evan1395's Reviews
11-16-2009, 12:28 AM
Price: $950.00
Pros: Front Swaybar Disco ;), rides like a dream on the freeway
Cons: Havnt found any yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: BAdass flex, good quality, put it through alot so far and all bushings are still good after about 35k miles

Damonec
Damonec's Reviews
11-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: great price, enough lift to fit 33's and have decent articulation
Cons: shocks and steering stab aren't included, must be bought as extras
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Pretty decent articulation out of the kit not exactly sure on how much just yet I'll update later when I've tested it out more.

Jim Shanks

Jim Shanks's Reviews
11-02-2009, 09:03 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Awesome used price, awesome flex!
Cons: Springs rusted a bit
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This kit simply amazes me, I have kept up with quite a few long arm'd rigs with my somewhat little short arm'd setup.

Jim

DeathMonkey007
DeathMonkey007's Reviews
09-17-2009, 01:22 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: I haven't had a chance to use it much yet. Then one pro that I do like already though is that its upgradeable.
Cons: The disconnects sure do rattle a lot.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I haven't had a chance to use it much yet. Then one pro that I do like already though is that its upgradeable.

Oaktree
Oaktree's Reviews
07-29-2009, 08:28 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: amazing.
Cons: nothing is wrong with it
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great for any type of wheeling.

GREASEMONKEY

GREASEMONKEY's Reviews

06-06-2009, 02:07 AM
Pros: Tough axle end spherical joints, higher lift than advertized, decent ride, decent price, and easy to install
Cons: control arm bushings at frame end, are crap. I have been through 3 sets of bushings in 6mo, and that's daily driving/light wheeling. The warranty on the bushings is a joke, they only replaced one set of bushings under warranty, and I have come out of pocket $50+ for each set of 4.
Recommended? No

Comments: I wa extremely happy withthe easy install, tough looking parts, actual lift i gained, and decent ride. I have one major problem, that's the cheap junk control arm bushings they use in the SF kit. If anyone is interested in this kit, I suggest selling the RE arms, and getting some good currie arms, or similar.

gator055
gator055's Reviews

04-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great life, great ride, great components, completely recommend this lift to anyone looking for a great TJ lift.

99GeePTJ
99GeePTJ's Reviews

03-27-2009, 11:52 PM
Price: $780.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I haven't put it on yet, I'm awaiting a good review as I've done my research from site reviews. 4WheelParts.com will match any advertised (internet included) price and beat or match it.

Danegerous

Danegerous's Reviews

03-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great lift! I added adjustable uppers all around and combined them with OME Nitrocharger shocks. Great combo!

GREASEMONKEY

GREASEMONKEY's Reviews

03-25-2009, 04:51 AM
Price: $920.00
Recommended? No

Comments: I got this kit with the monotube shocks, and got it at a reat price. The kit installed easily, and all the parts fit correctly. I liked the quality of the parts, and the ride of the springs.

NOW THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!
I installed the kit, and didn't make it out of the driveway without having trouble. I literally had zero miles on the kit, and I started hearing a clunk noise. I rechecked everything, and started tracking down the noise. I found that the rubber super flex bushings at the frame end of the RE conrol arms were extremely soft. They had about 1/4-3/8" give. This means that the axles are rollong back under a load. This causes the pinion angle to change.

TJftw

TJftw's Reviews

02-28-2009, 01:34 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is the best lift kit i have ever seen, even included sway bar disconnects

jamesmp319
jamesmp319's Reviews

02-14-2009, 02:51 PM
Price: $1,200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My lj rides better then stock i think the lift ended up around 4 inches i will be going to a clayton longarm upgrade in the summer.

DancingQueen

DancingQueen's Reviews

01-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Price: $1.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: For the money, I think this kit was an excellent choice. I am have been totally happy, it was easy to install as well.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 > Last