Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rubicon Express 3.5" Super Flex TJ

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Rubicon Express 3.5" Super Flex TJ Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rubicon Express 3.5" Super Flex TJ

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,500.00
Average Price: $806.38
Manufacturer: Rubicon Express
Recommended?
Yes: 87 / No: 4

RE7002 3.5" Standard Kit TJ/LJ - The Standard kit is a perfect entry for those looking to run 33" tires on a smaller budget. The 3.5" Standard kit includes springs, and bump stops, but maintains stock control arms and track bars. On and off road performance of this kit is excellent and is easily upgradeable to the Super-Flex kit by adding our control arms and other Super-Flex components.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 > Last

SilverXj01
SilverXj01's Reviews
10-02-2014, 06:35 PM
Price: $950.00
Pros: Get more lift than advertised
Cons: Lower control arms aren't adjustable
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Rubicon Express makes some heavy duty good product and I love this lift kit! Nothing to crazy out of flex but good for a DD that is 100% percent off-road ready when you want it to be! The install is a little tough unless you have like a hydraulic lift to get your vehicle high which I did not! Other than that great product don't know how you'd go wrong with putting this lift in your XJ

SilverXj01
SilverXj01's Reviews
10-02-2014, 06:34 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Rubicon Express makes some heavy duty good product and I love this lift kit! Nothing to crazy out of flex but good for a DD that is 100% percent off-road ready when you want it to be! The install is a little tough unless you have like a hydraulic lift to get your vehicle high which I did not! Other than that great product don't know how you'd go wrong with putting this lift in your XJ

SilverXj01
SilverXj01's Reviews
Recommended? Yes

SilverXj01
SilverXj01's Reviews
Recommended? Yes

Gclem27
Gclem27's Reviews
09-25-2013, 12:51 PM
Price: $2,000.00
Pros: seems like a great product still weighting to buy my 33"s so i can wheel a little harder and im excited for the snow
Cons: ??? none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great product the gen 2 discos are a little rough to get off. besides that i love what i bought, and i have beilstien*(dont be that guy) 5100. jeep is fun as hell. still dumping my pockets in the ashtrey.

bobmaurer4273

bobmaurer4273's Reviews
07-30-2013, 08:17 PM
Price: $920.00
Pros: Kit ordered from 4x4groupbuy.com and included low end shocks. Upgraded to re monotubes for $90
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Should have spent the extra money to get the kit that included upper rear adjustable control arm, sye and tom woods driveshaft cause too much vibration once base kit was installed. I had to end up buying those parts and could have saved $200 if I would have ordered the high end kit

FManansala
FManansala's Reviews
06-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Price: $1,300.00
Pros: ease of installation, well made parts( pre chinese)
Cons: none...i love this lift
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great lift to start...easy to add on later

h0yb0y
h0yb0y's Reviews
01-29-2012, 07:01 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: rides great, no problems
Cons: not high enough
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Quick install, all bolt on. Tj drives better with this lift and new track bars than when stock

txjeep0923
txjeep0923's Reviews
01-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: clears 33"s
Cons: not a full suspension lift kit
Recommended? Yes

Comments: If you're looking to clear bigger tires and very mild wheeling its a good lift.

yukonblu
yukonblu's Reviews
10-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Price: $900.00
Pros: Looks great, actually got 3.5" after springs setteled. Greaseable control arms, very nice flex.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very solid product with great stance. For my daily driver, i wouldnt want to be any taller, but also wouldnt want to be any shorter. Very nice flex, still suprises me sometimes. Tip: make sure when your getting a lift that you really get the advertised amount of lift after it settles. This lift still sits pretty high after it setteled.

TIP!!! The post below me needs a SYE and CV drive shaft. My lift made my jeep do this until i installed it. Especially if u have a automatic transmission. You should really factor in the amount your gonna spend on these extra parts... cause your gonna be wanting them after about a week of the shakes

Stew22
Stew22's Reviews
08-14-2011, 12:16 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: the price
Cons: My jeep is shacking and I did everything that they told me to do and I don't know what is going on.
Recommended? No

Comments: My jeep is shacking and I did everything that they told me to do and I don't know what is going on.

dwharton
dwharton's Reviews
05-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Price: $650.00
Pros: ,
Cons: ,
Recommended? Yes

Comments: ,

jamcat77
jamcat77's Reviews
04-24-2011, 07:11 PM
Pros: Stable, solid springs, fairly easy install.
Cons: ???
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love it so far! Had some death-wobble issues to start with, but fixed it with beefed up steering and a 4Wheel Parts check-up.

bnmarley
bnmarley's Reviews
02-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Price: $0.01
Pros: strong
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: bought the jeep with the lift. headed out to the trail on the first day owning it with no experience. kept up with all other jeeps with huge lifts and tires.

minesbetter
minesbetter's Reviews
02-22-2011, 11:27 AM
Pros: looks good, great for on road and off
Recommended? Yes

Comments: would reccomend to friend, good looks, not too tall, great ride on road

dmicucci
dmicucci's Reviews
10-08-2010, 02:39 AM
Pros: lift height is actually what is advertised, maybe even a bit more
Recommended? Yes

Comments: excellent ride, excellent quality. all parts fit like they should, straight foreward install.

dmicucci
dmicucci's Reviews
10-08-2010, 02:37 AM
Pros: actual lift height is what is stated or more, parts interchangeability is great to add or remove upgrades as you see fit/wallet will allow
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent quality, excellent ride. Straight foreward install, all parts fit like they were supposed to.

Rodney121
Rodney121's Reviews
08-23-2010, 02:36 AM
Price: $920.00
Pros: Nice on and off the road
Cons: So far, their custy service is pretty weak. Right rear mono tube shock broke and I have been waiting on the warrenty replacement for 5 months.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far, their custy service is pretty weak. Right rear mono tube shock broke and I have been waiting on the warrenty replacement for 5 months. Also, the bolts needed for the front discos didnt ship with the lift and it took 3 months to get the part in. If I had to do it over again, I would go with a different lift.

BrandonRay

BrandonRay's Reviews
07-05-2010, 02:43 AM
Price: $1,050.00
Pros: better than stock ride, so far no issues
Cons: nothings adjustable except disco's
Recommended? Yes

Comments: All the components that came with the kit seem to be pretty quality, and much beefier than stock. I went with monotube shocks and the ride is great. I got close to 4" with this lift. I do need a bring the front end up a little more to level it. I had to redrill the the front track bar mount, which has been fine so far but it's the only real area of concern I have safety wise. I read some threads talking about adjustable track bars hitting the front differential cover with lower lifts, so I'll probably just keep the stock track bar and weld on some steel to reinforce the track bar mount.

This was my first lift and I do weld and I did weld the rear track bar bracket on that comes with the kit, but welding is not required. As I said though this was my first lift and I was able to do it by myself with no extra hands around to help. Theres a link to a great write up on this forum and that was invaluable for me as the instructions that came with the kit were very vague. Any more questions feel free to PM me.

Fett

Mechanically Declined
Fett's Reviews

06-30-2010, 11:12 AM
Price: $1,400.00
Pros: Reputable, good quality, easy install.
Cons: None yet (at least for the kit as advertised).
Recommended? No

Comments: This kit is easy enough for a novice like me to install.

IF YOU INSTALL A SYE/CV SHAFT WITH THIS KIT......buy the angled rear track bar bracket, adjustable track bar and rear adjustable upper control arms. It will make your life a lot more simple. You'll also need to either purchase rear shock relocation brackets or trim the spring plate so that the shock doesn't hit it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 > Last