Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rubicon Express 2.5" Standard Suspension Lift YJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Rubicon Express 2.5" Standard Suspension Lift YJ Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rubicon Express 2.5" Standard Suspension Lift YJ

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $899.98
Average Price: $757.40
Manufacturer: Rubicon Express
Recommended?
Yes: 17 / No: 0

Rubicon's entry level 2.5-inch suspension for the '87-'95 Wrangler maintains the stock leaf spring concept. The complete kit includes new shocks and springs, plus all other necessary components. The 2.5-inch kit clears 31 x 10.50" tires.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

atldude

atldude's Reviews
09-12-2013, 08:59 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Had most parts u'd need
Cons: Still had to get steel lines for the front and shock relocation brackets. Also missing bushings for shackles @ frame
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Drives great, has most things you need but be prepared to buy lines for the front and shoch relocation brackets for rear. The spring eye didn't fit the axle so had to drill back and front. Should have come with bushings for shackles @ frame but did not

rlloyd
rlloyd's Reviews
08-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Price: $880.00
Pros: great kit, no regrets, more lift than expected
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: difficult to install, never had done anything close to this before, install 100% by myself, only had to do some drilling for the rear centering pins, and had to order rear shock relocation brackets for the axle. Was in a accident 2 months after, and had to replace one front leaf spring and u bolts, had a friend help, and it took less than 2 hours.

hiperon
hiperon's Reviews
06-22-2013, 09:30 AM
Price: $779.99
Pros: Good combination of quality and price
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's a perfect change of old suspension for this price! I really like this kit. Simple install. Only have troubles with rear sway bar removal. And it's good to have new bolts to mount springs to frame (kit doesn't have it).

BPEN65
BPEN65's Reviews
07-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: WENT IN EASY. FITMENT GOOD. LOOKS GOOD.
Cons: NONE
Recommended? Yes

Comments: INSTALLED IN 8 HRS WITH ONE GUY HELPING. LITTLE ROUGH RIDE. NO SAG SO FAR.

FOURWALLYS
FOURWALLYS's Reviews
04-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Price: $779.00
Pros: Only been on for a few days, but love it. Actually gained @ 4.5 inches (5/8 booms as well) all around because old stock parts were toast.
Cons: Instructions sucked big time......
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I am a complete novice at working on cars, and only know what I know from scouring JF. The instructions that came with the kit were awful, seriously lacking in details. Honestly it seemed more like an attempt at limiting liability than a true installation instruction.

As for the lift itself, I love the look, love the feel, love the height. Makes me feel like I actually drive a jeep now.

87yjlaxin
87yjlaxin's Reviews
11-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Price: $780.00
Pros: great price for a moderate lift.
Cons: has only one braided steel brake line for the rear. the kit has extensions for the front. i suggest getting some braided steel brake lines for the front to reduce the # of leak points in the lines. you will have to cut your tub if you have a BA-10/5 trans. the shifter has a huge knob in the middle of the shaft that rubs and doesnt allow the gears to seat well.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I really like this kit. It comes with everything needed for the lift including the trans lowering kit. like i said above, the only thing i didnt like about it was the brake line extensions for the front, and the fact that for my specific application i needed to cut my tub a little bit so i could shift into reverse and it stay in gear. i have gone wheeling only a few times since i have put it on and it made a big difference with articulation. i did not buy a quick disconnect for the fron sway bar but given my experience with mechanics and my own cars its nothing i cant handle with a socket wrench. Overall its a good deal on a quality lift. my buddy had the same kit on his 91 yj and he recommended it to me, which it has not disappointed me at all. also i found that quadratec had the best pricing on it, that may have had something to do with me living in PA at the time but it was not as expensive as it could have been. after taxes it came out to about $925 bucks.

NMYJ
NMYJ's Reviews
06-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Price: $750.00
Pros: Got a real nice lift. I was contemplating adding 1 1/4 shackles, no need! The sway bar disconnects are a blast!
Cons: none yet!!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A great purchase, i looked at several options from Black Diamond to rough country, but the Rubicon Express had everything. Good price, easy install.

Sungard
Sungard's Reviews
05-22-2009, 06:46 AM
Price: $800.00
Pros: gives nice lift
Cons: little clunk sound from leaf packs
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great Lift Kit!!! Excellent all around...Just the one I was looking for, perfect for my uses and easy on the body when driving. A great ride experience with no vibes, little clunky sound but can be ignored over ride quality.

D-Rob
D-Rob's Reviews

03-22-2009, 11:05 AM
Price: $799.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very happy with it. More than enough clearance for 32's...was worried if they'd fit. I know it'll sink a little but you could put 33's on there with this lift...however I do have extra clearance with the Xenon flat fenders.

ritjobbie

ritjobbie's Reviews

12-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Price: $604.00
Pros: Complete kit.
Cons: Maybe too complete if you continue the never ending upgrade path.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The most complete kit I could find. I wish it came with stainless front brake lines; the hard line extensions work, though. Shocks are a little rough for on-road driving. Other than that, everything is awesome.

###UPDATE 1 YEAR LATER###
Springs have not sagged whatsoever and are still come in at just under 3" lift. Shocks still ride nicely, but I was using shock boots for a while and now the rods are getting a little rusty (shock boots are BAD--they only HOLD MOISTURE IN!). I ended up buying nice stainless lines for the front and I just took out my TC drop when installing a SYE/CV. I drove around for a few weeks w/out the TC drop and the vibes were very minimal and actually not that bad at all.

The sway bar discos are kinda' crappy if you live in the rust/snow belt. The pins get stuck and they are a little hard to get back on. A ton of anti-seize or grease fixed this pretty quickly.

The front track arm relocation bracket sucks. My steering stabilizer ended up making contact with it at certain flex points with the wheel at near full lock. I don't know what I was thinking running a front track bar anyways. Don't even bother with this part. Just trash both track arms.

When I did my SYE/CV, I had to swap out the 2.5° axle shims for something a little steeper. The Aluminum shims were a little krusty, but they held up pretty well, even in salt-crazy upstate NY winters.

I would probably buy the 4" kit today if I had to do it again, but only because I know that I want to end up on 35s with taller gears in the next few years.

GREAT KIT!

jeepnfun
jeepnfun's Reviews

10-19-2008, 10:06 PM
Price: $899.98
Recommended? Yes

Comments: simple to install, comfortable ride, did not increase ride stiffness to much. was happy with this upgrade.

Bigb75
Bigb75's Reviews

09-28-2008, 08:19 AM
Price: $750.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: greatr quality product, 2 years later still no problems, good ride, been off-road and had no issues.

plumber1
plumber1's Reviews

09-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Price: $799.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have te extreme duty that they no longer list. It works great and did no change the ride. Would buy again AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

91yjblk
91yjblk's Reviews

07-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Price: $779.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: love it, smooth ride and no sag after about 6 months and 10,000 miles. Would definitly put RE on next jeep i get

xXArcticWolfXx
xXArcticWolfXx's Reviews

05-15-2008, 10:11 PM
Price: $461.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This lift kit is amazing. It gives more height than I was expecting(in a good way) and looks great. It actually gives aout 3.25" of lift which I'm not complaining about! Everything in the kit was easy to install and it defenitely beefs up the suspension and makes my Jeep look better!

supersixfour
supersixfour's Reviews

05-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: .................................................. .............................................

BennyYJ
BennyYJ's Reviews

05-08-2008, 09:47 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Decent lift. Springs have held up strong. They have rusted a little bit, but that is partly my fault for not washing mud off of them immediately after offroading. I have no trouble clearing 31 10.50's even under extreme flexing conditions.