Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country YJ 4" Suspension lift

New Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlNew Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Rough Country YJ 4" Suspension lift Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country YJ 4" Suspension lift

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $650.00
Average Price: $471.92
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 102 / No: 9

4" Suspension Kit includes:
Front and rear leaf springs, transfer case drop kit, front and rear track bar drop brackets, swaybar links, power steering pitman arm, brake line relocation brackets, bumpstops, u-bolts, and 4 Heckethorn Hydro 8000 series shocks.
Benefits:
- Leaf Springs are double tapered with teflon pad inserts
- Fits 33" tires with no rubbing or trimming of the fender w

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Gooberhead
Gooberhead's Reviews

03-17-2008, 10:39 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good so far. Rides a little rough.

bigman06
bigman06's Reviews

03-11-2008, 01:14 AM
Price: $650.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very nice lift... Just a little more on the stiff side but it has yet to sag in 4 years and has deff. gone through and taken every trail i could throw at it.....

becrome
becrome's Reviews

03-10-2008, 09:12 AM
Price: $449.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good travel, good ride

The_Duke
The_Duke's Reviews

03-03-2008, 01:50 AM
Price: $450.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very nice. Good ride, good price.

cooltc2004

cooltc2004's Reviews

02-27-2008, 11:10 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The RC 4" Lift kit has been on the Jeep for about 1-2 years without sag. The ride is slightly rough, but tolerable.

Matt Graham

Matt Graham's Reviews

12-19-2007, 11:26 PM
Pros: price
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got a great deal on this kit for my YJ. I expected to put in about two 4-hour afternoons to do the install and it ended up taking about a week of afternoon/evenings, but the install included a front & rear axle swap (even with a nice shop, vehicle lift, and professional tools).

Getting the spring bolts out of the spring hangers was tough. The bolts had seized to the sleeves and we had to use a cut-off wheel to cut the bolt to get the spring out of the hanger.

The install of the transfer case lower spacers was a little tough because of the holes not lining up just right, but we loosened the bolts that bolted the skid plate to the transmission so it would move a little and got it to line up.

I decided against using the front and rear track bar because it seems to be driving fine.

As far as the ride goes I think it is better than it was stock (1991). I did install M.O.R.E. 5/8" lift boomerang shackles in addition to the Rough Country 4" suspension lift. For the first few days I didn't feel much vibration at all, but after about a week I am getting more and more vibration. I am seriously considering the SYE & CV Driveshaft. I'm not sure if it is the 5/8" lift shackles in addition to the 4" kit that is causing the vibration, or just my jeep. I feel the vibration at 40 mph and anytime I let my foot off the gas and coast.

Anyway, as far as the lift goes, I'm very happy with it and I expect their customer service to be excellent, and that is a definite advantage - especially as cheap as the kit is.

michaelkkirk
michaelkkirk's Reviews

06-18-2007, 10:18 PM
Pros: Complete kit.. Great customer service
Cons: none yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Rode very rough at first. Now 10k later, minus the track bars and the sway bar it ride great... and very flexible..

added BFG 33x12.5 KM on 15x10 wheels, 7 inch flare...

pictures below..

http://www.kirk.bz/1990YJ/DSC_0011.jpg
http://www.kirk.bz/1990YJ/DSC_0012.jpg

yj40swapped
yj40swapped's Reviews
06-02-2007, 09:27 PM
Pros: Complete kit.. A+++ customer service
Cons: springs sagged after 8k.. 3 days later i had new springs
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Cant beat the price.. the kit is very complete.. however my springs sagged real bad after only 8k miles.. I dunno if I got defects or what but they were VERY fast to ship me new ones... with that kind of service I can deal with replacing springs once a year.

dd214
dd214's Reviews

05-02-2007, 11:00 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: the price
Cons: the shocks
Recommended? Yes

Comments: put one one my tj minus the shocks that came w/ it they were real crap (just testing them by hand and they would slip down an inch before getting any pressure .. so went w/ some procomps other than that im please

ForkLift

ForkLift's Reviews

02-20-2007, 07:57 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Most complete 4' lift out there, others cost over $1000.00 and have less parts
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This kit comes with front and rear drag link brackets, shocks with your choice of boot color, sway bar extentions front and rear, t-case lower kit, coil springs fornt and rear and lower control arms FRONT and REAR. That is a complete kit. Super lift doesnt come with a front drag link bracket, they tell you to drill a hole in your current one! Superlift kit also does not come with lower REAR control arms. Plus Superlift costs $150.00 more dollars! Listen, this is the most complete 4" supention kit for the price. I checked everyother make and there cheap kits with out control arms or shocks still cost more then this complete kit. The other companys complete kits like this one cost $1400.00. Rough Country did a great job with this kit!!!!

Indy

Indy's Reviews

09-22-2006, 11:48 AM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Least expensive full kit I could find. $400 w/shocks
Cons: Rough ride
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall:
The kit did what it needed to do, but was nothing special. Ride was rough, but not really any worse than stock. Having driven TJ's with the improved suspension... Hell they all ride like Jeeps, why even bother discussing comfort? This was my first jeep, and first suspension lift. I completed a majority of the work solo, had help for a bit on the 1st day.

Install:

Kit was complete, I had nothing to buy separately and install was straight forward. Only problem I had was my stock pitman arm. Had to take it to a local shop and 3 men worked on it for 6 HOURS to get it broken loose. Much cursing was heard through the walls as I sat in the waiting room, drank soda and watched TV. But that was the Jeep and not the kit. Still a funny story.

Only kit related problem was with the TCase drop brackets. Each side has 3 bolt holes, only 2 of which aligned correctly at any given time. As I was on day 4 of the install (shift worker so only an hour or so on any given day to work) I decided to install 2 on each side *temporarily* and run it. I left it that way for the 2 years I owned it and never had a problem.

Side note: a scissors jack works wonderfully to align axles and spring perches. The axles like to twist when floating and aligning by hand isn't super easy.

Performance:

I am not a hard core off roader. The jeep performed mainly street duty, some hill climbs, some rocks, some headlight deep mud, and was my hunting buddy through some nasty trails. The jeep/lift had no problems with any of the tasks I asked of it.

Shifting was unaffected after the TCase drop, but there was some minor driveline vibration felt through the shifter. The vibration was noticeable enough I considered a SYE, but not bad enough that I seriously considered a SYE.

Would I buy again? Yes, planning on purchasing for my CJ project. It's a toy, go with whats cheap and works

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6