Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country YJ 4" Suspension lift

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Rough Country YJ 4" Suspension lift Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country YJ 4" Suspension lift

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $650.00
Average Price: $471.92
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 102 / No: 9

4" Suspension Kit includes:
Front and rear leaf springs, transfer case drop kit, front and rear track bar drop brackets, swaybar links, power steering pitman arm, brake line relocation brackets, bumpstops, u-bolts, and 4 Heckethorn Hydro 8000 series shocks.
Benefits:
- Leaf Springs are double tapered with teflon pad inserts
- Fits 33" tires with no rubbing or trimming of the fender w

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last

debri81
debri81's Reviews
06-18-2011, 11:13 PM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: Works great for a spring lift. Easy install.
Cons: Expensive.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This was one of the first lift kits for the YJ. Did this in '90. It was actually a 3.5" lift. Works great. Got bigger rubber under the Jeep. Had it incorporated the track loc into the kit at that time.

GOWAD

GOWAD's Reviews

05-22-2011, 03:08 PM
Price: $449.00
Pros: the price
Cons: um.... nothing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i mean come on it's less the 500.00 for a 4' and it drives good it's not bad overall i like it

jeepyj13
jeepyj13's Reviews

04-14-2011, 09:03 PM
Price: $519.00
Pros: lift it more than 4" inches, very complete kit for the price, no driveline vibs, no sags yet!!!
Cons: rear springs took longer than front to settle, minor driveline vibs with passengers in back. may need a sye later
Recommended? Yes

Comments: my dad, brother and i installed this kit on my yj a month ago. it was very simple to install. the stock springs on my yj were not sagged so i still had the 18" inches or so of stock height from rockers to leveled ground as i measured. finished the kit in 2days due to 1st time doing suspension work, alignment, and some rust issues. when it was done lifted it was around 6" inches lift. i have alittle over 500 miles on it along with the 33s. the front settled way faster than i expected. the rear didnt settle until i started putting weight in back. i measure over 22 1/2 height around from rockers to ground which doing the math puts it 4.5" of lift from stock. so far so great RC do need aftermarket flares soon though

e4below
e4below's Reviews
04-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Price: $449.00
Pros: service was great & shipping was quick & on time
Cons: springs look a little cheap
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i dont really have much time behind the wheel off road to tell how well this lift preforms but i did pull off the same lift that was on there looked like it went threw hell so hopefuilly i will get as much fun as the previous owner had

RustedWrangler
RustedWrangler's Reviews

03-29-2011, 11:14 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Complete kits, comes with Tcase drop, pitman arm, shocks, everything you need.
Cons: I have not found any.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This kit has been on my YJ for two years now. I get out to rockcrawl several times a year and it has not had any problems.

My stock springs were old and flat so the RC kit had a better ride than the original springs. No noticable sag, all the parts have held up well.

Get the bolt kit they sell so you can replace all the old hardware.

Giturdone525
Giturdone525's Reviews
11-21-2010, 11:21 AM
Price: $480.00
Pros: looks sweet, flexes good, excellent for price
Cons: instructions
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great lift kit for the price. Install went smooth once all the old rusty parts came off. The instructions were terrieble. If you dont know what you are doing have someone help you who does know what they are doing. I would also reccomend getting the spring bolt kit also because i had to torch all mine out. But all in all great kit for the money and no driveline issues wich is a major plus !

thetribe93
thetribe93's Reviews
09-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Pros: serves the purpose
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: functions as it should

exige05
exige05's Reviews
09-10-2010, 07:33 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: cheap kit that replaced my dead oem springs
Cons: alittle stiff at the moment
Recommended? Yes

Comments: took about 12 hours by myself and was the first time doing any kind of suspension work.

Motocross935
Motocross935's Reviews
07-24-2010, 08:26 PM
Price: $660.00
Pros: cheap!, somewhat easy to install
Cons: none so far!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It was affordable and esay to install! Great customer service from RC. Shipped to my house in about a week, and had all the parts included and ready to go. It came with a Transfer Case drop kit but I didn't install it and she's still running ok. All in all im very happy with it. It flexes better than I thought it would and makes my jeep look a lot better than it did stock.

luissigala
luissigala's Reviews
06-28-2010, 04:08 AM
Pros: Good price
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Never had any problems with it.

KennedyYJ
KennedyYJ's Reviews
04-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Price: $448.99
Pros: Good price, good quality, does the job for the time being
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Did the trick for now but the ride on the road is a bit rough when hitting bumps and all.

olsont
olsont's Reviews
03-08-2010, 01:49 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: cheap works sorta
Cons: some sag customer service
Recommended? No

Comments: bought new but from second owner
rear left spring sagged i am trying to get RC to replace but its been difficult they dont want to replace it
i bought sky jacker shocks for it
rough ride in the back and squishy when you brake but im not that picky since its a jeep

tosca
tosca's Reviews
03-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Price: $550.00
Pros: price!
Cons: non so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed myself and it was pretty easy...it would have been nice to have had air tools!! Took the full part of a day, but at least it was done! Came with everything I needed, upgraded the steering stabilizer and got the replacement U bolts and hardware for about 25 bucks extra "just in case" and ended up using them...

hotelconucc93

hotelconucc93's Reviews
01-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Pros: They stand behind you
Cons: None seen
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was the second owner of this jeep. The PO had a 4" RC on it. The springs were sagged a little and I was about to rebuild jeep. RC stood behind the sagging and cut me a deal to replace them. Who can ask for more?

burkpau
burkpau's Reviews
11-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Price: $700.00
Pros: Lifts the Jeep
Cons: not stiff enough in the front
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My third go around with this company and everything is easy to install. One issue with the metal inner bushing so I went to the local welding shop to get set up. Works well and it's a good ride but I'd like to have a little stiffer springs up front since I dropped a V8 in mine.

ROADDOG516
ROADDOG516's Reviews
09-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Price: $440.00
Pros: Fast shipping, complete kit with everything you need to do install, big improvement over stock suspension.
Cons: Missing fasteners, poor technical service and instruction manual.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall very pleased with kit, as I said it came fast but was missing some fasteners that I was able to buy at local shop, but thats aggrevating since I purchased extra spring bolt replacements and it was missing nuts that I had to go buy to get it done fast. As far as customer service I wasnt as impressed as everyone raves about but maybe I called on bad day. Cant judge ride quality as I just finished today, but sio far I would def recommend kit as I am a novice and was able to put it together with out major problems.

stu1021

stu1021's Reviews
07-29-2009, 02:30 PM
Pros: easy installation
Cons: didn't address all the needed modifications to run this amount of lift - but I had modded the Jeep heavily before installing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have been pleased with this lift after a year of installation. The springs actually ride better than the 2.5 lift version that they replaced. So far, no sagging on the later generation springs either.

parkerm26
parkerm26's Reviews
07-24-2009, 08:16 AM
Price: $820.00
Pros: Great lift height, all available parts not included in kit were easy to get all in one order
Cons: Transfer Case Drop moves shifter back. gears dont go in as easy.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great kit for the money. Spent so much to make it nicer, shock upgrade, 1" lift shackles (5" total), front sway bar quick disconnects. rides smooth sofar, only been driving a day. need to get aligned asap. very complete kit

green89yj
green89yj's Reviews
06-25-2009, 11:55 AM
Pros: Cheap. Good customer service.
Cons: Haven't had long enough.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I haven't had the product long enough to write a proper review. So far it seems great. The hardware was very complete. I would recommend purchasing the optional shackle hardware. Shipping was as advertised in both price and speed.

sguillot
sguillot's Reviews

04-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Rough Country YJ 4" Suspension lift
Price: $560.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Only had it a couple of days.Seems to ride a little better than stock. Installing by myself was not a fun time. Thats not their fault. Everything fit right. Directions could be a little more detailed but all in all it went on pretty good. Bought new spring eye bolts and stabilizer shock. Think it will be alright.Especially since it was cheap.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last