Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country YJ 4" Suspension lift

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Rough Country YJ 4" Suspension lift Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country YJ 4" Suspension lift

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $650.00
Average Price: $471.92
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 102 / No: 9

4" Suspension Kit includes:
Front and rear leaf springs, transfer case drop kit, front and rear track bar drop brackets, swaybar links, power steering pitman arm, brake line relocation brackets, bumpstops, u-bolts, and 4 Heckethorn Hydro 8000 series shocks.
Benefits:
- Leaf Springs are double tapered with teflon pad inserts
- Fits 33" tires with no rubbing or trimming of the fender w

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

lander2312
lander2312's Reviews
09-16-2013, 10:50 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: price
Cons: rides a little rough but everything lifted rides rougher than factory/
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It works great for the money but its still new so will have to wait and see if it sags.

MotoPhotog
MotoPhotog's Reviews

09-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Everything looks heavy duty. Kit had everything. Really appreciated the bolt kit. Do NOT buy this kit without buying the spring bolt add on kit!!! Dont chinse out.
Cons: Ok... I wasnt going to say anything... But the way they ship their leaf springs. They simply wrap a sticker on it, at a 30lb hunk of metal x 4 units... its bound to get beat up without box, or any type of protection!?!? TWO of the 4 springs did.not.come. with a shipping label! I recieved 3 leaf springs, and 1 never showed. When i placed the order, eric was super helpful. He helped recommend what was needed versus what could be "wanted." I appreciated that. I was happy with the purchase. Upon followup, a guy named Daryll picked up the phone, to report missing spring. He said call back tomorrow in case it shows up. I explained that the third shock only made it to me, because the UPS driver realized hmmm... i have 3 shocks, they are all the same, they must go to this individual.... long story short called back again, got Daryll again, he wasnt rude, but he DID NOT APOLOGIZE, or make his company look great. He reshipped the spring out, and guess what? Do you think he bothered to look at where the previous 3 springs were shipped? Nope... He shipped them to my PO BOX which UPS doesnt ship too!!! So now, my lift kit waited, oh wait... not 3 days....... SEVEN days to recieve the final 4th spring. As others have stated. product looks/fits great. Customer service, not impressed at all. Secondly. The instructions for the front are great. Everything is listed. For the rear, it feels like the company/author/mechanic got tired/lazy. There are items missing. Steps missing. No mention of relocation of rear drivers side brake line. No mention of when to install shocks.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I cant rate excellent because of "product con's" I listed above. Your product is 75% of a purchase. The ordering/shipping/customer service is the other. Since your product installed great, I will say the product is great. Overall, you get a "good" rating due to how you ship your leaf springs, and how it took 7 full days to recieve my 4th spring. Uncalled for, and 100% avoidable.

custom86
custom86's Reviews
06-20-2013, 12:42 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: seems to be stiff
Cons: not sure yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: don't have anything to compare to. previous owner installed

Dirt_Baller
Dirt_Baller's Reviews

05-16-2013, 09:38 PM
Pros: Easy install. Product looks ok.
Cons: Customer service sucks. The kit said complete but didn't come with all the bolts. Also some of the bolts are grade 5 and will break.
Recommended? No

Comments: Customer service sucks. It was not only during the build but before and after.I called before and ask if I needed to change out the shocks because I was adding up to a 2" shackle lift. They said no. I was almost t done with the front end and low and behold they were 1" short. They also told me we when installing the dual stabilizer, I must leave on the stock one also. When I called and said what happened they said sorry and the will send an email.

dynosaur
dynosaur's Reviews

04-21-2013, 10:27 AM
Pros: Easy installation. Inexpensive. Came with all parts.
Cons: Low quality. The lift has been on my 91 YJ for about 1.5 years. The springs are sagging, the springs leafs are shifting within themselves, the poly bushings that came with the kit are flexing, the shock rubbe mounts are degrading (top and bottom). Talked to RC two times and after they said they would get back to me, they never did. So much for customer support. My jeep stays in the garage when not in use. The only off road travel it sees is on the beach in NC and gets cleaned after every outing. So it hasen't been beaten up on neglected. My opinion of the RC 4" kit is that you get what you pay for. In this case thats not much. Poor quailty and in my expirence poor customer support as well. I will be switching to a different spring set soon.
Recommended? No

Comments: Cheap lift. Poor quality. Poor customer support. I will be swaping my springs to RE or Rusty's in the next month or so. I recommend to anyone who is considering a lift for their YJ to look around and do your homework. Remember, you get what you pay for.

92-jeep
92-jeep's Reviews
03-16-2013, 03:20 AM
Price: $425.00
Pros: Works great offroad good flex
Cons: It didn't quite go on as smooth as the old came off
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It went on ok DON'T waste you're time with the track bar brackets it makes the ride horrible the ride is soo hard and bouncy at first but with in 100 miles or so it all set's in and its ok now I would do it again in a heartbeat the only down side is 4 inch lift plus the 1.25 shackle does kinda suck jumping in and out of it allot but I am looking for rock sliders with step bars

90wranglerguy
90wranglerguy's Reviews

11-20-2012, 02:27 AM
Price: $600.00
Pros: complete kit, has everything needed to lift your jeep, good start for beginners, most bang for your buck
Cons: shipping was rough
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just bought my jeep 6 months ago and wanted to get a complete kit so i could put 33s on my yj. Kit has everything you need in one package, never lifted a vehicle before and it only took 8 hrs to install. Quality parts and its exactly what they described

1990bryceYJ
1990bryceYJ's Reviews
09-18-2012, 05:54 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Easy to install, great flex, smooth ride
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a great product. Definitely recommend.

yj94ne
yj94ne's Reviews
08-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Price: $400.00
Pros: ..
Cons: ..
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ride isnt too bad, my stock leaf's were flat, so this is much better.

TylerCJones
TylerCJones's Reviews

04-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Price: $499.00
Pros: Reasonably easy installation. Very comprehensive and complete kit.
Cons: Terrible instructions. Taking a while to break in springs
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i bought this lift kit over a year ago and have not had a single problem with my suspension ever since. Sure, my jeep rides like hell but they didn't call it smooth country it's rough country and if ride quality is your main concern you prob. shouldn't own a jeep. No sag but springs are taking forever to break in given the light weight of a yj. The articulation is decent even as stiff as the springs are. Especially when you remove the sway bar end links. i might recommend the 2.5 inch suspension lift with a 3in body if articulation is what you are after. The reason is the bigger the suspension lift the stiffer the springs. All in all I'm satisfied with the purchase.

Shoelessboi

Web Wheeler
Shoelessboi's Reviews
04-09-2012, 12:32 AM
Price: $440.00
Pros: Good installation and price
Cons: I didnt seem to get all my bolts.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ordered thru jeephut.com. Really good priced and service.

martinrof
martinrof's Reviews
04-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Pros: good clearance for tires
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed a 4" Rough Country suspension lift kit after getting it by UPS in 1 week after ordering it. It was easy to install and came with all the instructions. The clearance I got after the install was awesome, because my stock lift was so worn down , the springs were almost flat. I would like to install another one one day if I had the chance.

xxjt2oxx
xxjt2oxx's Reviews
03-31-2012, 06:06 PM
Price: $449.99
Pros: Complete Kit
Cons: n/a
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not sure on trail performance yet, but quality of the parts that came as well at the competeness of the kit is pretty impressive. Coming from a 2005 Nissan Xterra, I spent almost 3 times as much to get the same parts, and I was only did a 2.5" suspension lift. Read some mixed reviews about trail performance, figured I'd give it a shot.

theorvs
theorvs's Reviews

03-14-2012, 08:33 PM
Price: $499.99
Pros: NONE
Cons: There Are Junk
Recommended? No

Comments: I bought the RC 4 Inch Lift for my YJ after 1 MONTH they saged and rubbed
my 33 Inch tires and I have a JKS 1 1/4 body lift RC JUNK,JUNK,JUNK

ez412c
ez412c's Reviews
01-25-2012, 08:36 PM
Pros: easy install holding up good 8 months so far
Cons: should have got the brake lines
Recommended? Yes

Comments: installed easily and no sag (yet)

chawn505
chawn505's Reviews

11-22-2011, 04:24 PM
Price: $449.00
Pros: NONE, I was going to write price but you will end up spending more to make it right.
Cons: Springs are China junk, spring bushings are bad. Rear springs sagged so much in rear 33’s rub on a typical Forest road.
Recommended? No

Comments: I bought this lift for the price. I read reviews before I purchased and knew I was buying lesser quality but didn’t expect it to be this bad. As most know there isn’t much to a 4” inch leaf spring lift and need to keep in mind that you WILL get what you pay for! The installation is the same as almost every 4” kit so nothing to really review. The worst part about the 4” RC lift is the springs. Yes, mine sagged in the rear. My rear right “passenger” sagged a solid ¾” within 50 miles and the left side went down within 150 miles. After 200 miles my 33’s would rub on a typical forest road.

I put the lift on prior to a Hunt here in NM. The rear sagging was so bad that I stopped driving my Jeep the first day in the hunt because I was ripping the “stock” fender flares apart on typical Forest/BLM roads. I wouldn’t even start to try and flex the springs because I only had an inch before it would hit the bump stop.

To fix the problem I thought about calling and going through the process of returning the springs, new springs sent out and re-installing but decided to not throw bad after bad. I simply bought new SkyJacker 4” double military springs to replace the RC springs. I won’t write a review about Skyjacker springs but I would NEVER purchase a 4” RC lift. I spent more with the initial purchase of the RC 4” and now Skyjacker springs to make it right than I would have by purchasing the right lift the first time. Not to mention my time to complete the install of the springs twice.

I will give the springs and bushings to ANYONE who wants to pick them up. I live in ABQ, NM. They have about 300 miles on springs and bushings. I will even work with the person to try and get new springs from RC to replace the other ones.

warthog312

The Craigslist Crawler
warthog312's Reviews
11-22-2011, 11:45 AM
Pros: cheap cheap CHEAP
Cons: install was a pain but that's because the jeep is 17 years old and rust has consumed it living in illinois.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: pretty painless install. took about 7 hours having been done in a shop with a lift and full set of professional tools. a torch is a MUST so many bolts were seized. other than that it was painless. the TC drop was a small nightmare but thats just because of rust issues in illinois

dbdyj
dbdyj's Reviews
10-26-2011, 04:06 PM
Pros: I got this lift a year ago and it has worked magic for me
Cons: None!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very good lift since they remodeled and changed springs

GromMudder757
GromMudder757's Reviews
09-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Pros: Easy to install, Cheap, Awesome Quality, Rides awesome
Cons: None!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Im so glad I bought this kit they give you everything you need, and more. Great quality, and service.

Robhimselfff
Robhimselfff's Reviews
08-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Pros: Fairly easy install considering I did it on my rock driveway by myself. With no power tools. Amazingly strong and gives the jeep a great stance.
Cons: Not many, Standard Leaf Spring Problems. Not as much articulation and a bumpy ride that's is.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Rough Country was the best bang for the buck out of the hundreds of decisions for lifts. They offered great quality product for a fair price, it probably didn't hurt that it was a Jeep YJ lift instead of a TJ or Jk. Would Definitely recommend to anyone looking to raise their YJ.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »