Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country yj 2.5" suspension lift kit

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Rough Country yj 2.5" suspension lift kit Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country yj 2.5" suspension lift kit

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $500.00
Average Price: $436.60
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 19 / No: 2

Front: New leaf springs, u-bolts, bushings, and (2) Hydro 8000 shocks.

Rear: New leaf springs, u-bolts, bushings and (2) Hydro 8000 shocks.

Kits now come with NT 2.0 gas shocks.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

Shaneo7
Shaneo7's Reviews
04-13-2014, 09:15 AM
Price: $449.95
Pros: Easy bolt on application driveshaft lined up first try great ride.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: lift kit was very easy to install lifted my yj very nice it rides great turns great I didn't have to mess with driveshaft angles not even a transfer case lower. couldn't have came out better. I even have a thread showing before and after pics. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/shaneo7s-yj-2044305/

magilla

magilla's Reviews

11-02-2013, 05:38 AM
Price: $439.99
Pros: Great leaf springs: Excellent flex and smooth ride if set up correctly with the right shackle and geometry. Front springs come with integral wedge blocks to correct front caster. Price: Can't be beat Shocks: Heckethorn monotube hydro shocks - made in the USA, and tough
Cons: Mine came with rubber and steel sleeve bushings - OK, but I prefer urethane. I believe new kits come with urethane bushings.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Used kit in a YJ spring conversion for a C101 Jeepster Commando.

Excellent lift kit, especially for the price. Great flex, and for me, a smooth ride.

As with any leaf spring, you need to ensure the correct shackle angle when you install.

You *may* need to increase length of the shackle slightly to ensure a 90 degree incidence between shackle and spring datum line (line drawn straight between both spring eyes when on vehicle). If angle less than 90 degrees, your ride will be stiff. If more than 90 degrees, spring rate will be soft. Look at quadratec website for a brief prier on leaf spring basics.

Lift initially will be about 3" over stock, new, springs. Could be more than that depending on how flat your springs were. Springs will settle about 1/2" after a few hundred miles.

You may need to drop TC and get longer brake lines.

With increased flex and height, you may get an initial "tippy" feeling on road. Make sure you adjust or replace your swaybar links with the correctly sized links. I experienced "tippyness" for about 250 miles and then it settled down a bit.

I bought an older kit, at a discount, with Heckethorn Hydro 8000 shocks from one of the online warehouses and rubber bushings in a steel sleeve already in the leafs. I pressed the stock bushings out and went with urethane bushings and greasable shackle bolts. Your choice - but rubber provides an initially softer ride than urethane and is fine for most applications. I am a personal fan of Heckethorn monotube shocks. been running hydros and nitros for years, and I like their beefyness and ride.

Strongly recommend their 2.5" lift kit, ESPECIALLY if you are doing a CJ to YJ spring conversion.

AristosIV
AristosIV's Reviews
10-15-2013, 06:15 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Improved ride
Cons: The instructions did not specify drop spacers or brake hose extensions
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had Carls 4WD install it. Great place to go!

jeepwrangler89
jeepwrangler89's Reviews

12-14-2011, 03:56 PM
Price: $449.00
Pros: Great relatively cheap lift.
Cons: Raised more than 2.5 inches and had to redo more than expected.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I am happy with the lift, but I had to do much more than originally planned. some steering linkage neede to be replaced, binded so much it wouldnt move without the T-case drop, and new brake lines were needed.

amedeo
amedeo's Reviews
12-07-2011, 12:56 AM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Works great dont quite need new brake cables and it let me buy a set of 33" tires. Works with stock parts and relatively easy to install
Cons: Like any lift kit caused steering problems
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great lift kit and very affordable. It is perfect if you want to upgrade tire sizes. Isnt too much of a lift to affect the gas mileage. Looks great though you will want to by some shims to fix the steering problems that they cause. Otherwise it was great and very affordable for a 17 year old with only a winter job

saml325
saml325's Reviews
10-15-2011, 07:00 AM
Pros: Cheap
Cons: See review
Recommended? No

Comments: Poor instructions, also should include T-case drop. I had bad driveline vibes after install. Less than 200 miles on springs and already I've started to get axle wrap... Haven't even been off road yet! Pics to follow.

jcmooreusmc

jcmooreusmc's Reviews
04-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Price: $405.00
Pros: Affordable and easy to install.
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This kit came with everything I needed except extended sway bar links. It was relatively easy to install. Rides smooth so far. I installed a shackle lift in addition to this.

Rallen
Rallen's Reviews

09-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Price: $453.00
Pros: Better ride than stock, some what easy install.
Cons: Poor instructions, as to parts such as u-bolts, spacers, and torque specs.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My OEM springs were sagged so bad, when I installed this kit it raised my yj 5 full inches, which caused angle problems. It took 1 1/2 days with my limited tools and experience. My YJ does look better and ride better. Good value.

maxwell317
maxwell317's Reviews

06-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Pros: Easy installation Easy ordering by phone or online
Cons: Raised jeep much higher than 2.5" and I now need more parts to even drive jeep. Customer service is lacking.
Recommended? No

Comments: I recently ordered the 2.5 inch lift kit from Rough Country and it raised my 1995 Jeep Wrangler over 4 inches which resulted in the transfer case being at such an awkward angle that I could not even drive my Jeep without damaging the U joint. I called Rough Country and they told me to buy a transfer case drop kit. 2.5 " raised the front 4" and the back 6". Now I have to shell out more money and cannot even drive my vehicle home from the mechanic's shop. Kit never mentioned needing the drop kit and in my experience, you should not need one for a 2.5" suspension lift kit. Total hassle and now I am out even more money. I would definitely investigate before buying.

srf4life
srf4life's Reviews
03-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Pros: Price Ease of install Complete Package
Cons: None so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy to install and dealing with Rough Country was great. The 2.5 yielded approx 3inches and has not really sagged and it's been on and wheeled for a year now.

Obie95Sahara

Obie95Sahara's Reviews

03-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Price: $420.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I'm impressed with this kit, it rides better than it did before with no lift at all. Would recommend to anyone.

omninate
omninate's Reviews

03-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got the "new" version of the kit. Also purchased the steering stabilizer, new hardware, and a couple misc items at the same time.

JerseyBowie

JerseyBowie's Reviews

01-30-2009, 12:38 PM
Price: $480.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far, so good. Really good service with no problem answering questions after the sale to help me install it.

yjbogger88
yjbogger88's Reviews

01-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Price: $303.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great Lift Kit!!! Excellent all around...perfect for my uses and easy on the body when driving. A little rough over BIG bumps but nothing you can't handle!

texas_yj

texas_yj's Reviews

01-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Price: $450.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Rough Country was a dream to deal with, its has been a long time since I have delt with a customer frindly company like them. the lift was down right cheep for the quality you got. came complete, even new u-bolts, shock, which I upgraded to nitros, and added a new steering stablizer. install was easy, although they could use some work on the instructions. the non mechanically inclined people would have trouble figuing out their minimalist instructions. the ride is ok, front like to bounce, but is softening up over time, rear was good from the get go.

jeepinjames20

jeepinjames20's Reviews

12-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like it, does its job and well. though its not ment to ride like a caddy. I just wish I would of waited to get the money for their 4 inch lift.

whitie_08
whitie_08's Reviews

10-19-2008, 11:44 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i love it its a stiff ride but who cares. looks great, and good for a dd that gets wheeled often.

SimonTuffGuy

[I'm That Good]
SimonTuffGuy's Reviews

10-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Rough Country has been known for a rough ride... But their new spring producer has said to have changed all of that. We'll see, as my lift kit will be installed... Next week!

GreyfoxVt

GreyfoxVt's Reviews

10-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Pros: Easy Install, 4 hours with right tools
Cons: Needs extended brake lines, TC lowering, and quick discos
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall I like the kit, but for the price, I would like the lowering kit and discos. The kit says nothing about extended brake lines, I would add them too.

GreyfoxVt

GreyfoxVt's Reviews

10-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Price: $475.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Outstanding kit, very complete, and not too difficult to install. Gives a nice look when finished!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »