Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country - Rough Country TJ N2.0 - 4" Lift

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Rough Country - Rough Country TJ N2.0 - 4" Lift Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country - Rough Country TJ N2.0 - 4" Lift

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $499.95
Average Price: $532.07
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 12 / No: 2
Company Website: http://www.roughcountry.com/

Excellent Lift, Easy Install with great instructions,

was very helpful. Takes some getting used to, but overall a good kit, Jeep wheels better, rides smoother. If you hear something bad, probably from someone not used to driving lifted vehicles. This one's a winner!!!

- Took about 8 hours to install
- Transfer Case drop-bracket screws interfered with TC shift lever, had to be welded. Other small mods necessary to make shifting TC perfect. I'm sure I'm not the only person with this issue.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

02WranglerTJ
02WranglerTJ's Reviews
04-18-2013, 02:40 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: moderate install just time consuming.
Cons: Ride quality is really rough.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Upgrade the shocks to aftermarket it's a horrible ride.

RDaniel2405

TJ with JK Wheels
RDaniel2405's Reviews
04-15-2013, 11:07 PM
Price: $499.99
Pros: Good price for a wheeler on a budget. Rides good, and easy install.
Cons: None yet, I have been daily driving this jeep for a little over 1 year with this lift.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My opinion, it is a good lift for a wheeler on a budget who is looking to upgrade his daily driver. I would recommend getting a few more products while buying this lift. I also got Rough Country Front & Rear Adjustable Track Bars and Rough Country Pin Bar Eliminator Kit, Front & Rear.

UPDATE- Jan 1 2014. I put Bestop Highrock bumpers on my jeep, front bumper with a winch and rear with the built in tire carrier. Now my jeep rides 100% better. My opinion, the springs are too stiff for jeeps without bumpers or skid plates. Once you add some weight to your jeep, its rides much better.

dangzj
dangzj's Reviews
02-25-2013, 03:20 AM
Price: $1,500.00
Pros: Hmm... well I can clear 275 bfg mt's
Cons: Real stiff and loud on roads, no long arms, not big enough..
Recommended? No

Comments: I'm not sure if this is the actual lift I have but I do know its a 4" rough country lift. I would and plan to go to a different lift. I dont like how rough it rides and how it sounds like it's beating the poo out of the jeep while on bumps. I Think it would be better with long arms.

THEDUSTCLOUD
THEDUSTCLOUD's Reviews
10-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Price: $550.00
Pros: Manufactured well to fit with minimal installation problems and beefy components.
Cons: Doesn't include a lot of stuff that's mandatory IMO to make it complete.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall it's a good quality lift for the price, and the ride isn't much off from stock. The newer shocks are a sweet upgrade from the older ones they used to use that really didn't seem to compensate for the spring rate. I'm about 15k miles in since installing the lift and I drive my 2004 TJ everyday to work, interstate and in town. The lower control arms that are included are also a great upgrade considering they are heavy wall tubing that will last for ever and sustain even the roughest off road abuse.

scribble77
scribble77's Reviews

07-11-2012, 11:19 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Easy to install. kit ready to upgrade
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I am very happy with the rough country lift that I installed. Kit went on easy and only took myself a weekend to install. The kit not only improved the look but also improved the ride. I would suggest that you spend the extra money and get the SYE kit and adjustable front trac bar. It makes for a much better lift.

M1ark
M1ark's Reviews
06-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Price: $499.00
Pros: Easy to install
Cons: Lousy shocks
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good entry level lift ready for one to upgrade.

jmphilyaw

jmphilyaw's Reviews
05-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Price: $475.00
Pros: Easy install, Great ride
Cons: Non
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product and it was an easy install. I didn't have to install a SYE which was a plus for me since I have limited time to actually work on anything. Plus it looks good and rides great, I'm very pleased.

jason222001
jason222001's Reviews
05-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Pros: Great ride quality, good price, painless install.
Cons: No adjustables but what do you expect for the price?
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Its a good lift for the price range.

bniedert

bniedert's Reviews
02-23-2012, 12:34 AM
Price: $405.00
Pros: Good support.. Online chat.
Cons: Instructions too generic. Idirections not pertaining to all years should be noted. Reuses large amount of hardware off the vehicle.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Took about 12 hours to install. Can be installed without assistance. Used jack stand and two floor jacks.

98greensi
98greensi's Reviews
01-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Pros: cheap but great kit
Cons: needs sye and driveshaft
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i've only had the kit installed for 3 days and so far i'm loving it, great ride haven't had the chance to wheel it yet or flex it

SirCrisp
SirCrisp's Reviews
12-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: came on jeep
Cons: stiff as fuck
Recommended? No

Comments: Dunno if I got the right kit but they are rough countrys

zimmie2652
zimmie2652's Reviews
11-23-2011, 02:24 AM
Pros: havent installed yet
Cons: havent installed yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: everything looks nice and beefy, wound up buying this kit due to a buddy of mine letting me drive his on the trail a little bit. loved everything about it. just waiting on a few more upgrades (super35 kit and front chromolys) to be purchased before installing this and my 35s.

2002TJX65

Addicted or Committed?
2002TJX65's Reviews
11-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Price: $569.00
Pros: Rides very smooth!
Cons: None!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Maintains factory ride, might even be smoother. Relatively easy installation, and the price is right!

wyliepeacock

wyliepeacock's Reviews
11-18-2011, 10:30 PM
Price: $499.99
Pros: Clears 35's with ease
Cons: Transfer case bracket is a joke, has to be welded for the shiftier to work
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Well it works great, it was easy to install with the help of the Youtube video. The TC bracket was never meant to work unless you just want to leave the Jeep in full-time 4 hi. if you know how to weld you'll be fine even makes for a better set-up, but try and use the bracket as prescribed and you'll be sorry.