Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country - Rough Country 6" Long Arm Kit

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Rough Country - Rough Country 6" Long Arm Kit Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country - Rough Country 6" Long Arm Kit

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating: None

Product Information

MSRP: $1,349.95
Average Price: $1,342.71
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 7 / No: 0
Company Website: http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_tj_6xla.html

Extreme Flex without the Extreme Price

Front: High flex coil springs, lower high clearance arms with X-Flex Joints, upper control arms with X-Flex Joints, control arm mounting brackets, adjustable track bar with drop bracket, drop pitman arm, sway-bar disconnects with parking bracket, and stainless steel brakelines.

Rear: High flex coil springs, lower high clearance arms with X-Flex Joints, upper control arms with X-Flex Joints, adjustable track bar, coil angle correction spacers, extended sway bar links, stainless steel brakeline, and bumpstop extensions.

Shocks: Kit includes (4) High Performance 2.2 series shocks.

Notes:
• Does NOT fit Unlimited models
• Slip Yoke Eliminator with CV Driveshaft is
recommended to avoid driveline vibration.
• Rubicon models do not need SYE kit or
CV Driveshaft.
• Exhaust will have to be cut and rerouted to make
sure it is away from the moving components.

Benefits:
• Flex joints designed by Rough Country.
• Includes our 2.2 High Performance Shocks.
• Features high clearance lower control arm design.
• Extreme travel long arms keep optimum alignment
and give optimum articulation.
• Unbeatable value and best prices in the market!
• Upgradeable with our Jeep X-tras. - Click Here -

Specs:
• Part #: Perf659
• Install Time: 8 - 9 hours
• Wheel Backspacing: 4.5"
• Recommended Tire Size: 35x12.50

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

erockssuperman
erockssuperman's Reviews
01-21-2014, 02:06 AM
Price: $1,650.00
Pros: So far so good. love the ride
Cons: no con's so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far so good. love the ride

ptrj96
ptrj96's Reviews
09-15-2013, 05:41 PM
Price: $1,100.00
Pros: Beefy, Great Flex, and you can't beat the price, install was easy with good instructions
Cons: ride quality isn't the best but definitely tolerable
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was able to get this for a dealer price so i figured i would take my chances even if others downed on rough country and i am glad i did! The lift greatly increased my clearance and flex and the ride is about same as stock. The parts look really strong and beefy and i feel like they will last a while.

SubLim3
SubLim3's Reviews
04-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Price: $1,300.00
Pros: Bent arms for better clearance. Arms do not attach to transfer case skid plate making maintenance easier.
Cons: Originally it comes with cheep bolt in transfer case drop that the long arms attach to. I've installed custom brackets welded to the frame.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bent arms for better clearance. Arms do not attach to transfer case skid plate making maintenance easier.

Originally it comes with cheep bolt in transfer case drop that the long arms attach to. I've installed custom brackets welded to the frame.

kevin1973
kevin1973's Reviews
03-30-2012, 09:11 PM
Price: $1,649.00
Pros: Easy to Install.
Cons: Should find out soon....
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The lift did take more than the 8-10 hours that the directions stated. It actually took me about 20ish mostly by myself. Don't forget this includes putting in the SYE and CV Shaft.

Looking to wheel it very soon.

xXSethXx
xXSethXx's Reviews
09-13-2011, 12:20 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: the price
Cons: none found ...yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Will need to install adapter plates on your coil mounts in the rear to correct the angle. They can be expensive, but for the price the lift is a bang for the buck.

officerh
officerh's Reviews
08-14-2010, 04:02 AM
Price: $1,300.00
Pros: Everything
Cons: Need to upgrade Tie Rod, rear drive shaft and exhaust
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This kit is great. I spent hours looking for a Long Arm Kit and will all the reviews and phone calls to various company's I determined this kit was the best buy for the money. Heavy Duty and ton's of articulation make's this kit great.

I would recommend upgrading your front Tie Rod because I could rub. You need to upgrade the rear drive shaft due to vibration between 35-40 mph and your exhaust will have to be modified or purchase Gibson's Long Arm system.

R0cket

R0cket's Reviews
07-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Price: $1,400.00
Pros: easy install, great flex, looks awesome, PERFECT steering (no bumpsteer/death wobble/vibes.)
Cons: stiff ride, but hey, it's a jeep. muffler rattles against passenger side rear upper control arm, looking for something to pad it now.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Price shipped to my door with SYE and CV driveshaft was $1800.
Easy install, I took it to have it aligned and all it needed was toe adjustment. everything else was perfect. no steering issues AT ALL. no drive line vibes.

love it.