Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country - Rough Country 4" N2.0 suspension lift kit

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Rough Country - Rough Country 4" N2.0 suspension lift kit Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country - Rough Country 4" N2.0 suspension lift kit

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $500.00
Average Price: $495.50
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 7 / No: 1
Company Website: http://www.roughcountry.com

I was looking at this lift for my TJ. I want to lift my jeep badly, my intentions are to lift it 4 inches with a suspension lift. I drive the jeep during the spring and summer only. My goal is to upgrade the suspension with a lift kit that will ride good on and off road but its primarily a daily driver so on road performance is a little more important, but i intend to hit the trails as often as possible. Nothing hardcore for the most part, but i want to be able to handle them with little to no trouble. Ive read more bad reviews of the RC 4 inch n2.0 kit than good ones, but im wondering if that would be good for what i want to do with it. If theres a better kit out there i would appreciate any suggestions, my price range is basically anything under 700 bucks with or without shocks. Thanks guys.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

bigchevy87
bigchevy87's Reviews

07-16-2014, 09:08 AM
Price: $489.00
Pros: cheap and easy to install
Cons: badly put togeather
Recommended? No

Comments: ive installed this on my 1998 TJ and it took 6hr to install and ive had it in for one year. I would not buy this kit evey again because if you plain on going bigger then the location of the front trac bar have been drilled out and makes it weaker due to the factory hole is 1/4" next to the new hole for the bolt. The shift link bracket is thin and does not let you put in a body lift with the kit. It rides very rough and the shocks can not handle off road use. I would spend the extra money and buy a better kit.

Havoc443
Havoc443's Reviews
06-10-2014, 10:38 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: - good value for entry-level lift - simple to install for the not-so-mechanically-inclined
Cons: - poor/inaccruate instructions
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Haven't put any real use on it so I can't be very detailed here...mostly, the kit fit my budget to put 33's on my Jeep and give it that extra clearance and suspension overhaul to take it on some light trails or mudding.

The installation process is TECHNICALLY pretty simple, but the poor instructions which had several incorrectly labelled bolt sizes made it a bit confusing sometimes. The kit comes with a t-case shift control bracket extension and in the instructions, it seems like you can easily just disconnect the linkage from underneath the vehicle but, in reality, you have to drop the whole bracket from inside the tub which chews up the rubber inserts on the bracket which can't be bought individually...requiring some creative modifcation or replacement of the bracket.

All-in-all, I'm happy with the look and feel of my new ride with this kit.

06rubi_life
06rubi_life's Reviews
04-01-2014, 12:50 AM
Pros: easy to install
Cons: N/A
Recommended? Yes

Comments: easy to install, the best lift to invest in, that is just my opinion, you can do it in your own shop, garage or driveway with all the basic garage tools. best and most enjoyable to install it with two people but possiable to do it as a one man team. in all this is a very good product.

GreasePit
GreasePit's Reviews
01-28-2014, 08:10 PM
Pros: Great Price! Beefy Control Arm Upgrades
Cons: Installation manual greatly underestimated install time
Recommended? Yes

Comments: In my experience with this kit, it was a lot of bang for the buck. It was so much cheaper than the competitors that I thought it may be an inferior product, but having installed for nearly a year on my daily driver, I feel comfortable recommending this product. I had no fitment issues, everything went on exactly as it should.

92yjbeastjeep
92yjbeastjeep's Reviews
10-17-2013, 08:21 PM
Price: $499.99
Pros: Easy to install, complete with everything you need.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The only thing I would do is call whoever you are ordering from and nix the T-Case drop kit and spend the extra cash on a Slip Yolk Eliminator. The T-Case drop works but not as well as the SYE.

Bobsgym
Bobsgym's Reviews

08-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Price: $425.00
Pros: Good price.
Cons: Needed to add parts to kit for proper install. Bolts and hardware could have been labeled better.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have had this kit on for over a month. Rides very good on the hwy. Rides awesome off road. Install was fairly easy, did it in a day in a garage. I got more than 4 inches of lift with it. Clears 33's with ease with enough room for 35's if wanted. I love how my TJ looks with this lift.

Clarke2k

Clarke2k's Reviews
07-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Price: $499.99
Pros: Good ride
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Purchase the pitman drop arm, front track bar and oversized steering stabilizer. This will keep the stretch and tension off the steering components and help with the larger tires. In my opinion this is the best 4" TJ lift for under $500.

UPcruiser
UPcruiser's Reviews
07-09-2013, 03:27 AM
Price: $550.00
Pros: Price everything included
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Done in a weekend in a driveway, easy install even if one day was spent wrenching in the rain.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.