Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country 6" X-Series TJ lift

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! ECGS Black Friday Sale!!1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Stainless Steel Exhaust Mani

Rough Country 6" X-Series TJ lift Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country 6" X-Series TJ lift

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,200.00
Average Price: $1,408.33
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 17 / No: 1

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

mtramme
mtramme's Reviews
03-15-2014, 10:55 AM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: Sturdy and reliable.
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I never expected my TJ to flex as much as it does now. I am very happy I found this NIB kit from a member on NC4x4.

AMA-JEEP

AMA-JEEP's Reviews
11-16-2013, 10:12 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: awesome lift for the price, had to get new rear sway bar and new sway bars links front and back
Cons: no cons so far so good
Recommended? Yes

Comments: awesome lift for the price it does good on the trail

AMA-JEEP

AMA-JEEP's Reviews
05-15-2013, 07:28 PM
Pros: all of it
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good lift for the money no complaints here

98sahara86
98sahara86's Reviews

05-07-2012, 02:22 AM
Pros: excellent lift for the price
Cons: 2.2 shocks are very stiff
Recommended? Yes

Comments: dont buy the performance 2.2 shocks. save your money and get some smoother shocks. very rough ride. overall i love the lift. going to get bilstein 5100's soon

Ring611
Ring611's Reviews
01-14-2012, 09:40 PM
Price: $1,400.00
Pros: PRICE, Customer Service
Cons: Shocks
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Lift is great for the price, Shocks make a rough ride, insall pretty simple, flexis like crazy love it, customer services is great everytime, kits tend to be back orderd so order in adv. if planing to lift within a couple months

Ring611
Ring611's Reviews
01-14-2012, 09:40 PM
Price: $1,400.00
Pros: PRICE, Customer Service
Cons: Shocks
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Lift is great for the price, Shocks make a rough ride, insall pretty simple, flexis like crazy love it, customer services is great everytime, kits tend to be back orderd so order in adv. if planing to lift within a couple months

WranglerMike
WranglerMike's Reviews
12-22-2011, 10:52 PM
Price: $5,000.00
Pros: looks great, works great
Cons: sway bar disconnects can be a pain. buy some quick disconnects
Recommended? Yes

Comments: drop the money. itll be worth it

jammatime

jammatime's Reviews

12-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Price: $1,100.00
Pros: Includes everything, really sturdy construction, great customer support
Cons: Can't complain, works great!!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: For the price and great service i would never change my mind. Me and a friend put it together in his garage, It took about 2 days. Wasn't in a hurry to get it on. Has worked amazing for my needs. I ordered the lift while in Afghanistan, Rough Country's customer service is unbeatable. Military friendly Love this product and company!!

Akrick907

Akrick907's Reviews
06-02-2011, 03:15 AM
Pros: Cheap and easy to install everything is adjustable.
Cons: rough ride everything is adjustable lol cost a bit for initial alignment if you don't do a little pre work on it.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just installed it shoved some 35s under it and rolled out. so far what i have noticed is that well its a a stiff ride every little but is sent to your spine it seems. but what bothers me most is that my steering seems a little loose and i pretty much rebuilt the front end when I installed only thing left is tie rod ends and those seem to be good. but for the price and what it allows me to do i cant complain that's why I gave it a good for a rating for a weekend warrior like myself for its height and cost I would say go for it. As for the exact price I lost the reciete for it bought it a while backs just installed a few weeks ago.

Ezalycasaid

Ezalycasaid's Reviews
01-29-2011, 12:25 AM
Price: $1,500.00
Pros: Dont know yet
Cons: Pain in the A** to install. Lift fought me every step of the way.
Recommended? No

Comments: I got the lift in pieces, took about 6 days to come in, wasnt too worried about that. Lift fought me every step of the way as far as the install went. One of the rear long arms was only threaded half way. Took 3 and a half hours to thread all the way in with two 36" pipe wrenches. Trac bar doesnt fit the front or rear. Called rough country 3 times, got help ounce. The other times they basicly told me they didnt know something about their own lift install. Long arm lengths they list for the 6" lift where about an inch and a half off from being squared with the trac bar. Front lower bumpstop self-tapping screws where smaller then the bit they told me to use, had to use my own bolts from hardware store. Theres some other things that anoyed me about this lift but I cant think of them, tried to forget about them.

R0cket

R0cket's Reviews
09-03-2010, 02:18 AM
Price: $1,800.00
Pros: easy install, GREAT customer service, awesome flex, good geometry gives great on road and off road handling.
Cons: very stiff springs = extremely bumpy ride. all Johnny Joints failed within 1500 miles.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE. all Johnny Joints failed, and RC sent me new ones (that day) for free. I melted a shock mount (my fault forgot to re-route exhaust), and RC sent me a new one for free. The suspension geometry is great, nice daily driver, and great trail performance! Spring rate is too high, and a very rough ride. i ended up swapping in my old 3" lift springs (smoother ride and lower center of gravity) I'm very impressed overall.

fitzz24
fitzz24's Reviews
11-14-2009, 03:09 PM
Pros: stable
Cons: you may have to make some mods to keep bolts in place
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I can't complain to much about the life except that you may have to put lock tight on the bolts and nuts I had a rear shock come undone.

van1
van1's Reviews

06-12-2009, 05:30 AM
Pros: Inexpensive kit. Flexes well.
Cons: Brackets are not set up for a CV shaft. Didnt include brake brackt and zerks and pitman arm(did send the pitman arm). Firm ride
Recommended? Yes

Comments: nexpensive lift, very well worth what I paid for the lift. (This kit is with the newer joints.) The ride is what I exspected. I didnt recive my pitman arm. They sent one out quickly. Read the Con's for the 2nd thing I call about.While running around at the river I had the sway bar acually pop underneath the front of the jeep with, because they were connected. But what this does tell me is that I actually have some suspension drop to it. The kit seems to flex really good for me and the 2.2 shocks seem very oversized, so I like them a lot. I am primarly a river runner and so the lift got me up in the air, but still have good flex. The ride is now firm. If going adjusting the rear pinon angle inline with the drive shaft for a CV joint, the rear pan hard bar bracket isn't set up for it and the pan hard bar will hit the rear tank. The rear shocks will also hit the rear spring perch, I guess they make shock braket extensions so these are needed. Wish they would have let me know that this would happen or included them in my kit. So right now I have to run the pinion angle rotated forward and I get a slight shimmy. I had to call again because they didn't seem to include zerk fittings and a brake line bracket and clip to hold the brake line in place. I called RC about it, they said they would send it out...but never did.
The frame is a pain to drill for the front pan hard bar bracket, especially if you are not in the states where it is easy to get a 29/32s drill bit. Try hand drilling a straight line with a drill though 2 walls of metal without making the first hole wobble out, and without alot of drill bits to step it up to. It is a pain, and I wobbled mine out. The quick disconnects are not so quick as you have to fight with it to pull them off the pins on the axle because the top portion is bolted tight.
Just to give you an idea on the firm ride, I can drive my ford focus faster down our bumpy road at 55+ than I can my acual off road machine30mph, because the focus is better for the bumps anything over that speed it gets to bumpy for me.
I have not had anyother jeep but I have had older and newer lifted trucks. This jeep to me now rides like one of my older lifted trucks. The newer lifted trucks that I had rode good, but choppy on certin things. The jeep with it's short wheel base still does ok.

03rubicon35s
03rubicon35s's Reviews

12-31-2008, 07:17 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: its a good budget lift! if your lookin to run 35's it will DEFF let you run em! good flex and ride hieght, could use some softer shocks to help the kidneys...haha but all in all its a very complete kit and well worth the price!

alanrowell
alanrowell's Reviews

07-31-2008, 10:45 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This kit is inexpensive but does lift your Jeep effectively and does work offroad. I have used the kit a little but nothing extreme. The shocks are stiff and long arms would be nice. I'll be upgrading as soon as RC builds a long arm.

beerking1
beerking1's Reviews

07-01-2008, 12:02 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: had lift for a year.no problems as of yet.articulates well,rides fine.very happy with it.

djon1
djon1's Reviews

05-09-2008, 04:51 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Almost have enoigh money for it