Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country 6.5" XJ Lift

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Rough Country 6.5" XJ Lift Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country 6.5" XJ Lift

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $123,050,000,000.00
Average Price: $3,969,355,873.45
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 26 / No: 5

6.5" XJ suspension lift kit but i have a 2wd. can it be done???????

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

Tcoh
Tcoh's Reviews
10-09-2013, 11:39 AM
Price: $900.00
Pros: Good value vs other manufaturers
Cons: Recomended to add a SYE which is not included
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very happy so far, just put it on this weekend and have not been off road yet. Drives down the road very nice.

JeepinXJstyle
JeepinXJstyle's Reviews
04-04-2013, 12:17 AM
Price: $700.00
Pros: Good size lift flexes well.
Cons: rear sits a little lower then id like.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have a 6.5 RC lift with iron rock offroad upper n lower adjustable control arms the lift is very stiff and doesnt give the best on road feeling and offroad it is very harsh sometimes but all in all its a good lift if your on a budget it flexes great and takes a beating.

osprey710
osprey710's Reviews
03-27-2013, 11:23 PM
Price: $889.00
Pros: adjustability
Cons: Don't upgrade to the Nitro Shocks. They leak
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not to bad to install. Hardest part I had was removing the old pitnam arm. I spent more time on that then the whole installation.

tonyprestonxj
tonyprestonxj's Reviews
02-27-2013, 08:40 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Cheap good heavy duty lift
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good lift for the price. I would suggest getting the sye with it because it just comes with the transfer case drop kit

mreid10

mreid10's Reviews

02-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Price: $1,450.00
Pros: Cheap
Cons: Hardware keeps breaking, getting installed now and have to keep replacing hardware...bolts etc---update: 125$ in hardware that needed to be replaced. Rumor that shocks go after about a month, if it happens I'll update this.
Recommended? No

Comments: Mechanics worst nightmare supposedly lol

87bigsheep
87bigsheep's Reviews
12-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Price: $999.99
Pros: Good flex and soild lift
Cons: to heavy duty for how light the xj is.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A good lift with good flex but is not a smooth ride on the road

5150offroad
5150offroad's Reviews
11-25-2012, 08:12 PM
Price: $1,449.00
Pros: long arm
Cons: steering box need pit arm and reinforcment
Recommended? Yes

Comments: very good lift long arm has crazy drop and flex.. although you have to reinforce the frame where the steering box is and drop the pit man arm, as well as beef up your tie rod set up to like 1ton

missmyoldjeep
missmyoldjeep's Reviews
10-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Price: $1,300.00
Pros: Came with cv driveshaft, sye. Installs pretty easily. Parts are nice and heavy. Good flex when sway bars r disconnected
Cons: Did not come with brake lines. Kinda rought ride but whatever, it's a jeep thing.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Obviously not the beest lift u can get but I can buy another and have the same amount of money in it as someone with a skyjacker or something. Good performance for a great price

RebelRidinRyan
RebelRidinRyan's Reviews
07-24-2012, 01:24 PM
Pros: Amazing product. Shipped fast. Still holding together great.
Cons: Little time consuming to install. To be expected though.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Rough Country has great products all around. From complete lift kits to just T-shirts. Great company!

Bigert

Bigert's Reviews
04-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Price: $899.00
Pros: ride and install
Cons: with 33 you can still get the tires in to the control arms
Recommended? Yes

Comments: For the price I don't know that you can beat it. Remember to get the little add ons like the brake lines.

skookxjkid
skookxjkid's Reviews
01-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Price: $899.00
Pros: cheap, gives you the lift it says
Cons: axle shims suck, rides rough but o well
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good lift for the money

blackelitecrx
blackelitecrx's Reviews
12-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Price: $1,300.00
Pros: great price 100% bolt in
Cons: could be a bit softer
Recommended? Yes

Comments: its good for the price, its alittle stiff but nothing unbearable. I enjoy it alot.

Greenxj

Greenxj's Reviews
07-22-2011, 11:53 PM
Price: $1,995.95
Pros: good price good price good price good price good price good price good price good price good price good price good price good price good price good price good price good price good price good price good price good price good price good price good price good price good price
Cons: no customer service after payment no customer service after payment no customer service after payment no customer service after payment no customer service after payment no customer service after payment no customer service after payment no customer service after payment no customer service after payment no customer service after payment no customer service after payment no customer service after payment no customer service after payment
Recommended? No

Comments: crossmember bent ... sent 2 emails nothing was done about it, dont feel i should drill holes when i spend nearly 2k and i have to drill holes, it should match up 110%

brakecheck007
brakecheck007's Reviews
07-13-2011, 11:45 PM
Pros: everything
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: got the short arm kit with drop down brackets it is awesome so much flex have a hard time fully stuffing 33s

suzukisailor315
suzukisailor315's Reviews

05-11-2011, 07:03 PM
Price: $1,400.00
Pros: Strong crossmember w/ transfer case skid! Works awsome!& Johnny Joints. and long arm drives smooth on fwy long brake lines!
Cons: rear bushing's are garbage. sittin stink bug. shocks limit flex not even 8mo yet and all 4 of the rear bushings are gone.
Recommended? No

Comments: Reader digest version..

Ive bought 4 or 5 lifts from RC thier customer service is awsome for the most part.

Shocks limit alot of down travel
the front springs 6.5in springs are the SAME size as 4.5in springs
only difference is that 6.5in springs have 180lb spring rate and 4.5in have 150lb spring rate.
Had to take apart the bottom leaf and run stock shackle in the rear and and added coil spacer up front just to sit level.. they didnt send shock bushings. so had to use old ones.. one of the brand new Johnny joints threads were so effed up had to wait to get a new one sent in.
the quick disconnects are garbage.. dont even use them..
deff have to cut fenders to run 35's

would I buy this kit again? probably not.. I had great experiences with this company with all the other lifts ive ordered. great kits on the TJ. thier kits are good.. just not this one. the warranty is sweet though.

I went with the theory with doing it right the first time. but deff seen other kits flex way better. but hey gets the job done.

hope this helps.

Gajeepxj
Gajeepxj's Reviews
02-23-2011, 09:34 AM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Quality product
Cons: Lousy install instructions
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i like the lift and will buy another. Will flex, but seems a little stiff. Shocks play an important roll in this lift.

GetLifted
GetLifted's Reviews
01-28-2011, 04:44 AM
Price: $1,250.00
Pros: y-3 link, solid, customer service beats the actual product...which says a LOT. Great ride up front, awesome flex, best bang for buck
Cons: stock bushing sucked, stock rear leaf springs suck, rear ride is harsh
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Get the y-3 link and forget the springs and shocks from RC.

JunkJeep228
JunkJeep228's Reviews
06-30-2010, 10:41 PM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: Everything, Beefy, All in one kit. Great price.
Cons: Takes alot of the challenge out of wheeling.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Cant believe how much it helps with traction, have open diffs but the tires never spin because they never leave the ground, tons of flex. Relatively easy to install, hardest part is removing the old stuff. be prepared to cut into floor to access weldnuts. Very inclusive also. Couple things could be better, self tapping bolts to hold up skid pan suck, ended up welding. But all and all well worth the money.

Sterner09

Sterner09's Reviews
03-19-2010, 02:16 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: looks huge
Cons: sagged a little bit with a rear bumper
Recommended? Yes

Comments: quick shipping, great customer service,

Overdubbed
Overdubbed's Reviews
11-23-2009, 02:29 PM
Price: $650.00
Pros: very affordable.. good ride quality
Cons: some parts seem kinda cheap..
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I really cant say much about the product.. was installed when i bought the jeep.. but the PO didnt put the blocks in the rear because it didnt have a SYE..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »