Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country 4" X-Series

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Rough Country 4" X-Series Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country 4" X-Series

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $900.00
Average Price: $745.58
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 117 / No: 9

Front and rear coil springs, front and rear upper and lower adjustable control arms, transfer case drop kit, front and rear track bar drop brackets, swaybar quick disconnects, power steering pitman arm, and 4 Heckethorn Nitro 9000 series shocks.

- 100% Bolt-On Installation, no cutting/drilling/welding
- Includes Rough Country's revolutionary rear coil spring
design to counter-act passenger side coil fatigue.
- Ride quality remains as stock
- Fits 33" tires with no rubbing or trimming of the fender well
- Kit is upgradeable with Rough Country's Jeep X-tras..

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last

weinbern
weinbern's Reviews
09-20-2009, 10:44 PM
Price: $1,300.00
Pros: 4" of lift, Cheap
Cons: paint chips, bushings squeek, and disco are a pain the neck
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 1300 bucks after upgraded shocks, stabilizer, and CV Drive shaft. 4" of lift for 1300 bucks and comes with JJ adjustable control arms. Not too shabby. Couple issues with the lift but over all not a bad product at all.

Mrozandy
Mrozandy's Reviews
08-21-2009, 07:22 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: This was an inexpensive way to get some bigger tires to fit. I love the 2.2 series shocks. Easy to install. Customer service is awsome.
Cons: Front track bar bracket is hard to keep tight. I don't use it any more but my buddy had to have his welded. The kit uses all factory links (control arms, track bars). The caster bolts for the lower control arms don't provide enough adjustment.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: From the begining I planned on this lift kit being a starting point. I wanted to fit 35's under my jeep cheaply, without cutting of factory mounts or welding anything. The coil springs are good and I can tell you they compress very well, this kit is surprisingly flexy for a cheap lift. I LOVE the 2.2 shocks, they look cool and seem to work very smoothly. I added the 2.2 series dual steering stabilizer and like it as well. I would reccomend you plan on buying some adjustable lower control arms and at least an adjustable rear track bar ( this will still cost less than most other lift kits and you will like the result). I did'nt get it, but my buddy with the same lift kit got death wobble due to the caster not being adjustable enough. And with the rear trackbar relocation bracket in place my axle was noticably off to the driver's side, without it my axle is slightly off to the passenger side making it hard to get a good alignment.

arjunanand1
arjunanand1's Reviews
08-13-2009, 10:27 PM
Price: $1,500.00
Pros: Great price, great kit and excellent lift. Flexes well.
Cons: Slightly on the stiff side.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nothing can beat RC's price for the 4" lift kits.

SDT03GCOverland
SDT03GCOverland's Reviews
08-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Cheap.
Cons: Track bar drop bracket. Very stiff ride.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Perhaps you get what you pay for and this being the cheapest complete 4 inch on the market...

Issue 1: The rear upper shock bushing-washer units were too long. I had to cut 1/2 inch off in order to match the picture on the inventory sheet and get them to fit correctly.

Issue 2: The additional bolt needed to keep the track bar drop bracket can NOT be made tight enough so as to not wiggle and I have to tighten it after every 30 miles or so. This results is a "spongy" steering feel and one single instance of severe death wobble. I've already ordered a JKS adjustable track bar to resolve this issue. Even with the additional cost of the JKS track bar, the kit is STILL well below the cost of any other kits I've found for the WJ that come with a new track bar.

ryancarlson123
ryancarlson123's Reviews
07-31-2009, 10:19 AM
Price: $550.00
Pros: cheap
Cons: not that great of shocks and no boots
Recommended? Yes

Comments: if you want a cheap suspension lift, thats the one to get

Irockatgms
Irockatgms's Reviews

03-21-2009, 11:47 PM
Price: $900.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great lift, not anything like a friend of mine who had the 4" skyjacker lift the rear right sock started to collapse instantly, this holds up well, and fantastic flex

gabriel05
gabriel05's Reviews

03-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Over all this is a decent kit to start with. The only complains I have is it ride pretty harsh, that is to be expected with a 4" short arm lift though. Also the track bar relocation brackets left something to be desired, I recommend getting adjustable trackbars.

jason0923

jason0923's Reviews

03-12-2009, 03:10 AM
Pros: CHEAP
Cons: ROUGH
Recommended? Yes

Comments: AWSOME BUT SHOCKS SUCK

jason0923

jason0923's Reviews

03-12-2009, 02:29 AM
Price: $900.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: really nice kit complete comes with damn near everything but ive had trouble keeping bushings in my shocks i whish i would have upgraded but they didnt have the 2.2 s in stock at ntl

justooln2
justooln2's Reviews

03-10-2009, 07:17 PM
Price: $850.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great bang for your buck.. No tire rub with 33X12. Not the best quality but I would install it on a friends Jeep now. One day install with regular garage minds and tool.

Havin-fun-N-TN
Havin-fun-N-TN's Reviews

03-04-2009, 11:48 AM
Price: $800.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This lift functions well for the little bit I go off road. My Jeep may see the rocks and mud 4 or 5 times a year.

2003X

2003X's Reviews

01-24-2009, 08:15 PM
Price: $529.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Gave me more then 4" of lift. Needs better shocks. But I am very pleased with it.

04wrangler221
04wrangler221's Reviews

01-04-2009, 11:36 PM
Price: $800.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Most people say its not good but i have yet to have a problem i like it and it fits in a tight budget!

Jumphog
Jumphog's Reviews

01-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Price: $400.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I needed a heavier set of springs when I mounted my winch/tire carrier, so went with the heavy duty. Ride is still good, but as expected, a little stiff. Like it offroad

jeff83
jeff83's Reviews

12-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love this kit can't beat it for the money just deffinatly fet the 2.2 shocks because the stock ones suck

mikekelly77
mikekelly77's Reviews

12-16-2008, 10:04 AM
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Rough on road, great off it. Would reccomend to someone who will be wheeling and does not need tons of atriculation.

Camo Deere

Camo Deere's Reviews

12-07-2008, 02:17 PM
Price: $499.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The kit is the best bang for the buck IMO, it gave me more than enough clerance for my 33s, the shocks are a bit stiff, I would recommend the shock upgrade for a smoother ride but besides that, it's a great lift, no problems yet

jeepin_98
jeepin_98's Reviews

11-25-2008, 12:17 PM
Price: $350.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have been very happy with this lift, it performes well and have had no problems for any of it. Plus with the lifetime warr rough country gives shouldnt have any problems

jamzusa
jamzusa's Reviews

11-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent for the price. I want a higher one but I can't afford the 2000.00 for a Highjacker one. Good for the price!

TJTRUBL2006
TJTRUBL2006's Reviews

11-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This lift has not let me down I run lever 3 to 5 trails when i wheel and i have not had any issues at all with this lift. I also have the 2.2 shocks by rough country they are well worth the money spent to upgrade.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last