Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country 4" X-Series

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Rough Country 4" X-Series Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country 4" X-Series

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $900.00
Average Price: $745.58
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 117 / No: 9

Front and rear coil springs, front and rear upper and lower adjustable control arms, transfer case drop kit, front and rear track bar drop brackets, swaybar quick disconnects, power steering pitman arm, and 4 Heckethorn Nitro 9000 series shocks.

- 100% Bolt-On Installation, no cutting/drilling/welding
- Includes Rough Country's revolutionary rear coil spring
design to counter-act passenger side coil fatigue.
- Ride quality remains as stock
- Fits 33" tires with no rubbing or trimming of the fender well
- Kit is upgradeable with Rough Country's Jeep X-tras..

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last

RKOTAREK
RKOTAREK's Reviews
11-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Price: $750.00
Pros: It was easy to install very detailed instructions
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was able to install this lift in my drive way with basic tools, two jack stands and a jack. got a lot of flex and look forward to tackling trails with it.

mcclintock89
mcclintock89's Reviews
09-10-2010, 12:40 AM
Price: $700.00
Pros: Excellent Setup, performance 2.2 shocks are awesome, all adjustables trac bar and lc's
Cons: some hardware (nuts and bolts didn't go on quite right, had to run to the hardware store and get some new ones) and i had to drill the hole out on the trac bar a little bit, the end that goes to the axle. not the heim end.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: only given it 4 because of some install trouble, other than that the finished product rides well performs flawless, no noises. also did the dual steering stabilizer with it from rc as well. awesome setup. it sits a little higher than 4 inches. perfect size lift for sticking with factory short arms.

thechad797
thechad797's Reviews
09-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: good flex till they break
Cons: doesnt last
Recommended? No

Comments: ive gone through 2 sets of rear control arms upper and lower they strip out. and shocks eat rubber bushing replace weekly. rear lower shock mounts break off. overall quality is horrible

Rubiedubie
Rubiedubie's Reviews
07-12-2010, 09:05 PM
Price: $1,149.00
Pros: Complete kit
Cons: Little lower on the front end
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy install, nice easy to read instructions,
good overall kit

lvjeeps
lvjeeps's Reviews
07-10-2010, 01:13 PM
Price: $720.00
Pros: Very complete kit, Great price, pretty easy install... can run 35" x 12.5 with no issues on TJ. Company backs up the product. Great short arm kit nice flex
Cons: Std. nitro shocks give a harsh ride. Upgrade them with the 2.2 od BDS( Great Shock)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought this kit with incentives paid $720.00 including shipping. Springs and Disco's had marks on them so they sent me all new springs and disco's and let me keep the orig. ones. Everything is adjustable, uppers,lowers, F/R track bars. Flexes nice. You can run 35"x12.50's with no issues and they will not looked cramed in. Instructions are not the best, thet could be more detaied for the DIYer but any logical thinker can get through it. Std. shock give a harsh ride so up grade them when you buy the kit, they will give you a price break thats worth wild or go with a diff. shock manuf.

petegall79
petegall79's Reviews
06-27-2010, 11:41 PM
Price: $1,050.00
Pros: Complete and all contents shipped. Instructions were logical, including warnings. Ride is night vs. day compared to stock, with less rolling back/forth and side-to-side throughout driving. Adjustable control arms a big plus. Was able to eliminate drive-line vibes when setting the pinion angle. The only thing I'd add would be a SYE/CV drive shaft combination.
Cons: Minor inaccuracies in the instructions, but nothing counter-productive to the install, and they could have used more details, ultimately. Pictures included were OK illustrations, however too few in number.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Price includes the 2.2 shocks. Beefy shocks too...

After installation, the Jeep was level, rode tight, and there was less body roll during velocity changes (accel/decel, and turns). For the price, the kit is pretty comprehensive, including replacement brake lines. Components themselves appear solidly built, and the entire kit is bolt-on (with drilling).

Inclusion of the adjustable controls arms is a big benefit. I haven't opted for SYE/CV drive shaft yet, but I've eliminated drive-line vibes after setting the pinion angle to match the t-case output shaft. Gotta say, the inclinometer on my android phone came in handy, and proved accurate enough, but that's a topic for a different review. Your mileage may vary on the vibes, and we'll see if I blow a u-joint in the future.

No DW, even up through 70 mph on New England (read: bumpy) highways. It was a problem, but I'll be keeping an eye out... parts may settle soon.

GREASEMONKEY

GREASEMONKEY's Reviews
06-12-2010, 03:38 AM
Price: $1,400.00
Pros: Great flex, and improved ride quality over short arm lifts. Super beefy, and well built.
Cons: Uses a radius arm style design
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Rough Country X series 4" Long Arm Kit
Little skinny on the install instructions, but I made it through without any issue. The components are all super heavy duty. The quality of components are great, as is the assembly. I do not reccomend this kit for the novice, and it will require the rear section of the exhaust to be tweaked a bit for clearance. The design saves Rubicon owners from having to upgrade the rear drive shaft, and allows for plenty of adjustment for both pinion angles. It's is the most complete kit i have seen for any where near the price. The shocks take a bit of getting use to on the road, but are great for the intended use off road. The RC customer service has been great, and they have taken care of my minor issue with lightening fast speed. Great product, great price!

sinbad85

sinbad85's Reviews
06-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Price: $750.00
Pros: Really good flex so far
Cons: Control Arm was not de-burred.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Product was missing a shock, box was taped up so UPS might have been at fault. 1 control arm was not de- burred for the zirt fitting. All in all product seam good. Haven't driven on it much yet

otmorozen-rus
otmorozen-rus's Reviews
05-31-2010, 10:40 AM
Price: $2,000.00
Pros: Very good thing for a good price!
Cons: No
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very good lift kit with very good articulation for a non LA suspension.
But rear shocks and springs very hard! Especially for daily driving.
With disconnected front stabilizer rides great!
But SYE and 2CV driveshaft is required.

mtncrawler
mtncrawler's Reviews
05-31-2010, 12:43 AM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Sweet Kit, quality parts!
Cons: Really bad instructions!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a very nice kit for the money and strong components. However the instructions are very poor.

steveb17
steveb17's Reviews
05-25-2010, 06:57 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: budget
Cons: parts wore out quickly
Recommended? No

Comments: if on a budget not a bad lift

ItsaFinRubicon

ItsaFinRubicon's Reviews
04-26-2010, 03:24 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Works Perfectly
Cons: Like all lifts time consuming on install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome product. I would deffinately recommend this lift if you want something thats going to get you everything you need out of a 4 inch lift.
This product is like the Regular Series II lift but with all the upgrades included, such as the extended brake lines, adjustable track bar, adjustable upper and lower control arms, quick disco sway bar links, etc.

AJeep

AJeep's Reviews
04-23-2010, 07:53 PM
Price: $999.00
Pros: So far so good
Cons: Installation directions SUCK!!!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It is a good budget lift. Its made thru snow, sand dunes, mud, and this summer I will see.

Toaste
Toaste's Reviews
03-13-2010, 11:20 AM
Pros: Good solid ride
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great kit, instructions a little vague.

TJBart
TJBart's Reviews
03-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Fit well. Have had no issues with it. Looks great. Fantastic customer service.
Cons: Hated the gas shocks. Bought the 2.2 shocks and it was much better. Instructions could be better.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Other than the shocks and marginal instructions I am happy with what I got for the $. Great customer service and I got a good deal on the 2.2 shocks and steering stab which made a big difference.

06slvrrubi

Lovin' Life
06slvrrubi's Reviews
03-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Pros: Inexspensive, Has held up awesome.
Cons: Shocks
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great price for the product, easy to install, has held up very well. It's been on for about 2.5 years. Shocks are starting to rust, and are a little harsh.

LURCH634

LURCH634's Reviews
12-26-2009, 02:27 PM
Price: $499.00
Pros: Easy Install. Almost everything matched up like it was suppose to.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy Install. Almost everything matched up like it was suppose to.

ajamison

ajamison's Reviews
12-16-2009, 11:04 PM
Price: $499.00
Pros: great kit, easy install and great ride quality
Cons: no track bar / steer stab.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great product for the price, highly recommended! be sure to get the shock upgrade too, dont be cheap and try to save 100 bucks, well worth the extra money

chutta
chutta's Reviews

11-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Price: $900.00
Pros: price
Cons: threaded sleeved arms
Recommended? No

Comments: Other than 2 failed LCA's that stripped out the internal adjustment threads causing axle movement and kLUNKS, all is well after went to hydro shocks.
Kit has been superceded by one with heim joint/jamnut arms. Get it

CadyRyan86
CadyRyan86's Reviews
11-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Price: $999.00
Pros: Adj. Control arms, 2.2 option, RC customer service and the price
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Straight forward install, good product

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last