Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country 4" X-Series

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Rough Country 4" X-Series Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country 4" X-Series

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $900.00
Average Price: $745.58
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 117 / No: 9

Front and rear coil springs, front and rear upper and lower adjustable control arms, transfer case drop kit, front and rear track bar drop brackets, swaybar quick disconnects, power steering pitman arm, and 4 Heckethorn Nitro 9000 series shocks.

- 100% Bolt-On Installation, no cutting/drilling/welding
- Includes Rough Country's revolutionary rear coil spring
design to counter-act passenger side coil fatigue.
- Ride quality remains as stock
- Fits 33" tires with no rubbing or trimming of the fender well
- Kit is upgradeable with Rough Country's Jeep X-tras..

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last

Jeepson33s

Jeepson33s's Reviews
01-04-2012, 07:52 AM
Price: $899.99
Pros: Very easy install and this kit has the new x-flex joints that are very nice. No squeaks or rattles. Lift looks great and I enjoy the performance.
Cons: Shocks are rough...i went ahead and ordered the Bilstein 5100's and now its smooth as butter
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome lift...highly recommend if your on a budget.

kphimself

kphimself's Reviews
01-02-2012, 12:15 AM
Price: $1,100.00
Pros: Cheap, works great and high quality parts.
Cons: Its a little rougher ride.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: You can't beat it for the price. Im running the 2.2 shocks but the ride is still a bit rougher then some lifts but for the price you can afford to buy different shocks. The costomer service at rough country is top notch.

johnatencio303
johnatencio303's Reviews
12-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Price: $999.99
Pros: dont know yet
Cons: dont know yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The rough country 4" x flex complete lift is a nice lift. you have to assemble most everything but its worth the price everything is adjustable and easy to install. the instructions are very readable and understandable. I havnt put it to the test off road yet but I will post my review soon.

shoopie
shoopie's Reviews
11-13-2011, 04:43 PM
Pros: easy install, complete kit needed nothing extra. detailed instuctions. looks great, flex joints close to johnny joint quality, easy to rebuild.
Cons: have to drill through frame for front track bar bracket, even upgraded shocks have a rough ride
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I searched for weeks to find the right complete 4" kit for under $1200 and this was really the only option. i wanted a complete kit with 8 adjustable control arms and this was it. dont bother upgrading to the 2.2 shocks just get it with the regular shocks and buy separate shocks like zone nitros or the like. the 2.2's have a rough ride. the kit is easy to install if you have a good helper and a 2 post lift but it can be done on the ground on jack stands it will just take longer. air tools help A LOT.

LJWrangler

LJWrangler's Reviews
11-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Price: $897.00
Pros: easy install easy alignment. JJ style joints on arms all the parts minus bumpstops
Cons: Supplied frt trackbar has not enough adjustment had to cut some threads off to center axle
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best bang for the buck lift with adj. arms. Wish it had JJ style joints on both end of arms (only 1) but atleast they are clevite on the other end not the poly bushings. 2 people 6hrs no problem with the arms built ahead of time. Only complaint was the frt trackbar is a tad too long had to cut 3/4in threads off to center axle and use a nylok nut for the heim joint end not the one they supply. Had to trim the axle side trackbar mount a bit on the frt also. DONT forget to ask for Jeff and the JF discount

boeingxtreme
boeingxtreme's Reviews
07-03-2011, 06:31 PM
Price: $999.99
Pros: Great Lift, 2.2 Shocks are cool looking, Adjustable Arms
Cons: Rides slightly rougher or the same as stock
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great Lift, 2.2 Shocks are cool looking, Adjustable Arms. Rides Rougher with the 33's but hey, its a jeep!

TJcrazy
TJcrazy's Reviews
07-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Price: $650.00
Pros: good basic lift
Cons: none really
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i like it, nice lift, good flex and good ride. The front spring are extra long i like them. little difficult installing, but i did it myself

chopperkid2000

chopperkid2000's Reviews
06-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Price: $1,649.00
Pros: Cheap - shipped w/ rear adj. trackbar, sye & driveshaft
Cons: Stiff isn't the word for it, even with the upgraded 2.2's. Wish they included bump stops. You get what you pay for.
Recommended? No

Comments: I installed this lift by myself. I took me a good 2 days. I also installed their rear adjustable trackbar at the same time. I haven't had it long enough to tell you about the bushings, but I hear they are cheap to replace. The directions could use a little more work. Components actually look pretty decent. I decided to upgrade to the 2.2 shocks, these things are stiff as he dbl hockey sticks. I do however only have a soft top, no armor or bumpers winch etc installed yet. Need more money for that. I bought this kit to deer hunt and just have a lift to run 33" tires - so far so good if you like stiff. I would say don't waste your money on upgrading the shocks unless you have alot of weight on your jeep.

I have sold the Springs, shock and control arms. I had to tighten the control arm bushings twice in 3k miles. The tool they send to tighten them are
SH * T. I now have currie springs, JKS control arms and Bilstien 5100's. All I can say is night and day!!

ronni3
ronni3's Reviews

05-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Price: $1,300.00
Pros: Full kit with all hardware included. Price included SYE & Driveshaft.
Cons: Would have been nice if the UCAs and LCAs came preassembled.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Purchased the 4.5" x-series lift kit about two months ago and I finally got around to putting it in over the weekend. What a pain it was to get the stock suspension out. Some of the bolts had seized but a little elbow grease got everything out and the RC lift in. I honestly love how much taller my XJ is. I only have 235 Duratracs on right now so I can still expect additional clearance once I get some 32s although I also have some Bushwacker Flat Flares that I also need to put on that will allow for 33s to be put on.*

The ride is definitely stiffer but the new suspension takes Chicago potholes like a champ. Can't wait to take the XJ on a trail but before I do that I still need to get the SYE and TW driveshaft on this weekend. Up to this point I have been driving without the transfer case drop kit and hear some driveline vibration. Not too bad but definitely something that initially spooked me.*

Definitely a happy camper here. You got my thumbs up RC!

Yarney05
Yarney05's Reviews
04-17-2011, 07:23 PM
Price: $999.00
Pros: Easy Install, Quality product
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Perfect for the first timer.

p997c4s
p997c4s's Reviews

04-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Pros: Adjustable control arms
Cons: Track bar a bit too long, some parts defective, missing instructions, brake lines dont fit
Recommended? No

Comments: Ordered this lift kit on the Rough Country website with 2.2 Gabriel Performance Shocks. Called for 10% JF discount and I was informed that on-line orders can not be discounted. Too bad since I also placed orders for SYE and TW Driveshaft. So that was a $160.- slap in the face... .
Had a few issues with one of the control arms where the threads were not deburred. It would not screw in enough to reach the specified length. RC send a replacement and it worked O.K. Instructions for X-Joints were missing and the supplied stainless brake lines did not fit. Also the front track bar is at the very long end after adjusting it to the shortest setting to center the front axle. Overall a capable lift kit with a high level of disappointment and delays during the installation process. Don't order this kit from RC's website and expect a few quality issues.

stumy71

stumy71's Reviews
03-07-2011, 11:17 PM
Price: $749.99
Pros: looks great
Cons: came with wrong nuts
Recommended? Yes

Comments: just installed the lift over the weekend looks good so far need to run it a while and see what i thin then

TexasHasher
TexasHasher's Reviews
03-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Price: $449.00
Pros: Complete kit Competitive price
Cons: Only included basic instructions Some bushings missing/not included
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The RC lift is a good lift for the price. I would recommend a large variety of tools available. The simple shade-tree mechanic may need some extra hands and tools during install. A breaker bar is an essential tool because many of the older YJs will have troublesome bolts. While the instructions say this is a 4-6 hour job, my experience was vastly different. I worked hard for about 18-24 hours over the course of 1 week. FYI

Overall the lift looks good, and comes will everything you'll need to move from stock to a higher altitude--Happy Trials!!!

Cavguy1965

Cavguy1965's Reviews
03-04-2011, 03:06 AM
Price: $750.00
Pros: Inexpensive, better ride than stock, pretty good flex
Cons: short arm kit, had to buy coil correction plates
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got an earlier version of this lift kit as part of a much larger package when my TJ was new and so I didn't know what I didn't know. However, all things considered this kit has been great. I am upgrading to the long arm conversion soon, but I can't say much bad about this kit.

t0sd0gg
t0sd0gg's Reviews
02-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: i got it off another jeep so im not sure what its like brand new.
Cons: again i got it off another jeep so not sure what its like right out the box.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought a jeep with tires and this lift. took it off and installed it on my zj. cant give a precise review as to how this lift kit works brand new.

4X4COWBOY

4X4COWBOY's Reviews
01-26-2011, 05:34 PM
Price: $749.00
Pros: Great look
Cons: Rough Ride
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I am in the stage of getting use to the change in height which has led to my first fender bender but other than that the lift is very nice. However, the jeep rides much rougher than a stock suspension which is to be expected. I would also recommend getting their shock boots which really helps to add to the look. All in all, it is a great lift for the money and does exactly what it is suppose to do.

Joes4x4ZJ
Joes4x4ZJ's Reviews
01-25-2011, 10:40 PM
Price: $750.00
Pros: Easy to install, did it myself with help of my dad which is a mechanic
Cons: Nothing!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The lift kit took me about 3 days to put on, had to drop both axles to the floor just to fit the new coil springs on.. they are HUGE and really make your jeep look good as well as ride great. Suspension was stiff at first but then broke in within a month or so. Would recommend this lift to anyone has adjustable control arms as well..

Bdub85
Bdub85's Reviews
01-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Price: $649.00
Pros: Heavy Duty Control Arms and Springs. Awesome tech support and instructions are well written. They stand behind their products.
Cons: The joint on the control arms tend to squeak which was confirmed with RC and they did send me replacement bushings so that was not a problem with me as long and they take care of me like they have been doing for years.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The whole kit is well built and complete and everything seems to work well. As for the controls arms I am still ify about them ... The bushings seem like they will always be pretty stiff and my jeep does not see daily trails to every need the added flex... But all in all I will continue to use Rough Country lift kit just as I had for my last three vehicles.

Akrobatiks

Akrobatiks's Reviews
12-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Price: $900.00
Pros: Great Complete lift kit that handles great, make sure to spend the xtra to get the dual steering stabilizers. Totally worth it!!
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had this kit installed about a month ago and I can say I am very happy with the results!!! I paid 750.00 for the kit and I also got the dual steering stabilizers which bumped up the cost and additional 150.00. After doing a ton of driving over the past month I have to say I am completely satisfied by how my WJ handles. It handles as good, if not better, than it was stock and the ride is super smooth. I would totally recommend this kit to anyone!!

Mont

Mont's Reviews
12-07-2010, 12:26 AM
Price: $620.00
Pros: Complete bolt on system. Great stance and funtions awesome off road
Cons: Kind of stiff ride but rides well enough for srteet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this product and installed it my self with your basic tools. It took me actually two full nights aproximately 23 hours to instal. It was my first lift I have ever installed and even though I had to %#^&@( a few times, all in all it was fun and a great project. Remember be patient and get an alignment done profesionally when finished..

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last